Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I got engaged this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    That's my dream, man. But she has a really large family. I'll let you know how the guest list turns out.
    Hot sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Hot sisters?
    None Mrs. Masterkiller would approve of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Is her mom hot?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    Is her mom hot?
    Not bad for her age. Almost as pretty as Mrs. Masterkiller.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

MK's mom is hot?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I believe nothing without a pic.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Well, money is always interesting. I do ok, but probably not as well as most of you think. I'm no where close to six figures or anything and student loans are about 1/3 of my disposable income. I'm not rolling in the dough by any stretch of the imagination.

Neither is either of our families rich, so we're footing the bill 100%. And we've talked about running off on a great getaway and getting married there, but, honestly, family is important to both of us, so we don't want to offend them by leaving them out of the process.
    You can tell me to shut up at anytime if I'm overdoing it on the advice, but I've just been through a whole ton of wedding stuff (including my own, I've been in 8 weddings in the last year and a half).

To save cash, find a place for the reception where you can buy your own alcohol. That saves a TON. If the place also allows a caterer to come in it makes it cheaper because you can get less expensive food. Those are the two biggest costs.

congrats?

nah, just kidding. It's not all that bad....seriously, it's cool....really...

congrats bud!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    bud
    -3 street cred
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

but everybody in the hood says bud...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Some advice:

Think of non-traditional venues - example, my wedding reception was held at a restaraunt on the beach. Much cheaper than any kind of hall, and the shaky looking building was forgotten because the food was great, and so was the view.

Go get Wedding planning books for men. Learn your roll.

Have no preferences, except those that save money. (maintain this state of mind until you wish to die. Once you stop, your wife will help you die.)

Your wedding is a lot like being an actor on a set. Learn your roll, perform it well, don't deviate from the script, and it will all be good.

Make sure your best man isn't a pansy when it comes to getting things done.

If you have any friends prone to practical jokes, send them to another location. (Or find them hogtied in your room like a buddy of mine did, after I discovered them heading out of the reception and into the hotel with bags of shaving cream)

Finally, Why do husbands die younger than wives?

Because they want to.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    but everybody
    -2 more street cred
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

*seven whoops PangQuan's punk ass*

+5 street cred

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

start planning your souls funeral now.
    where's my beer?

Thanks for all the advice guys.

MS2: I'm a lawyer.... I am a good actor.