Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choy Lay Fat: Buk Sing & Hung Sing

Blog Entries
    thanks Buck Sing Kwoon,

Where is your school Located? i know there is a new one that opened in NY.

but what you have just stated has already been discussed over and over again, and pretty much out of the 3 clf families a certain group of Buk Sing has more of a northern flavor while other buk sing branches i have seen look a lot more like fut san hung sing clf.

Now when "I" say this i speak the truth i have been around long enough to notice certain differences. I think all branches have their own "7 deadly snakes" per say, but some of the differences may lay behind the approaches. as in our school, we have the rolling panther punches which is pretty **** effective.

still one of the major differences is your northern flavor. since u guys are from Jeong Yims lineage we have the same Hoi Jong but your branches has a execute it sligthly different.

however, there are many differences between the branches and that is the beauty of the choy lee fut system. if anyone was interested in learing all 3 branches they would have a full and complete background in the Choy lee fut system.

frank

Hi, my name is Pablo, I´m from Argentina
    I practise GM Chan Kowk Wai branch of Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut.
    Our branch is little known compared to LKH o DFW, or the Bak Sing branch.
    The only set we practise outside the hung sing branch is SAP SHI KAU DA, that is from BAK SING

our style compared to LKH or DFW is a little harder than LKH or DFW , with lower stances in the sets, with more paused movements between each technique, but without loosing speed.

Our style was learnt by GM Chan from Yan You Chin, a great chinese master & doctor who only had 3 students. Yan You Chin learnt from his father, Yan Yin So, who learnt it from Gan Yu Ten, who was a student of Cheun Hung Sing and Chan Ng´au Sin

i don´t know if i can make myself clear since i haven´t used my inglish since i was 18 (i´m 22 now)

we have 12 sets in our syllabus:
    1. Pa Won Kuin
    2. Sap Tchi Kuin
    3. Ping Kuin
    4. Sap Tchi Kau Da Kuin (bak sing branch)
    5. Moi Fa Kuin
    6. Chi Lon Sap Tchi Kau Da Kuin
    7. Fu Kuin
    8. Tan Chi Long Yen Kuin
    9. Pen Cha Kuin
    10. Choy Kan Kon Kuin
    11. Choy Lee Fut Toi Cha Kuin
    12. Fat Chiu

for what i have seen in videos, i really like LKH style of Choy lee fut
    I would like to share info, vids and pics with other CLF ppl.

c ya
    pablo

Grandmaster Chan Kwok Wai,

He is good friends with us (LKH school), I have visited him the last 3 years in a row in Brazil, a very very nice man. He had a student demo a Hung Sing form for us, was very nice... He also talked of the old CLF styles and techniques, very cool and likes to share his knowledge... His son is a great guy too...

Only one thing, they only speak Cantonese and Portugese... So the whole time I was speaking to them in Cantonese... He is full of lots of history...

Joe