Quote Originally Posted by MightyB
Before you guys go a little too crazy and attempt MMA... try a San Shou event first. Do a google search and watch the fight between Duncan Duffin and Albert Pope. It's all over on-line and you can download it for free if you register @ www.subfighter.com.

Mantis is good... there's no doubt about that... but, it's up to the individual to train the way they want to fight. Is Mantis all inclusive to where it'd do well in MMA? I don't know because honestly I haven't trained in it long enough or hard enough to find out. I do know that I've become a much better all around fighter since I started training Judo and MMA for the last couple of years. I did fight in a San Shou tournament a couple of years ago and got my arse handed to me because I didn't train correctly. I was too traditional for the fight. Now I know that I'll do fine in a San Shou match because experience has taught me what works and doesn't work and I've changed how I train.
in your experience, do you feel that you could use mantis and do well (with the exception of ground work) if you utilized training concepts you've learned in judo and mma?