Thread: Favorite Quotes:

Favorite Quotes:

As I was busying myself with polluting Rays conditioning thread with quotes, I realized that I actually make it a hobby of collecting these neat little things.

I figured, heck, maybe other people like to collect quotes also. That leads me here, where I would like to have a place people can post quotes to share.

Famous, not so famous, or your very own unique quotes. Plaster those bad boys here.

Didnt know if this would be to off topic or not for the KF area, but seeing as how slow its been lately, I figured I would give it a shot here.

Ill start this off kinda light, wont go to heavy into it with the deep stuff to start.

I would think it best if this stayed at least partially on the field of MA, so here we go:

"If people screw me, I screw back in spades."
    - - Donald Trump

This may not seem MA related at first, but if you ponder enough it totally is.

I also wanted to start off with some humor, here is a bonus quote:

"Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
    -Muhammad Ali
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

"When I am asked what a human-being should devote the majority of his time to, I respond with the word 'training.' You should train more than you sleep."

- Masutatsu Oyama

Like what "it" does not like. ["it" refers to the 'lazy self' or whatever else is stopping you: Pain, habits, excuses...]

The worse the conditions of life the more productive the work, always provided you remember the work. [ie., Don't get discouraged, no matter how difficult!]

Here we can only direct and create conditions, but not help. [Good for Kwoons]

Patience is the mother of will.

Take the 'wisdom' of the East and the 'energy' of the West and then seek.

Only he who can take care of what belongs to others may have his own.

-Gurdjieff
    Last edited by ZIM; 08-26-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

quotes

on terrorism

Therefore, in order to engage in, defeat, or simply understand this type of resistance, one must first concede that it is truly an effective form of warfare no matter how controversial.
    Last edited by Sifu Darkfist; 08-27-2005 at 06:46 PM.

"All the banquets will end." Tian Xia Mei You Bu San De Yan Xi.

A Chinese colloquial.

In the old time, it took a long time to prepare the food for the banquets. It can be a wedding, a graduation, a birthday etc.

People have to dress up and send gifts, too. The biggest banquet will be the celebration of the harvest and coming of the New Year or Nian beast.

There are many meanings from this sentence.

All happy times or parties will end. We are reminded of the hardwork, labor before we harvest the fruits or crops we grow and attend to everyday.

The same speaks for our Kung Fu daily practices and studies.

So cherish not only the good times but also the times that we experience to get there.

Last edited by SPJ; 08-27-2005 at 06:31 PM.

"Nobody ever tells the good guys they don't have to fight fair."
    Do - Or do not - There is no try.
    *Yoda*

heres a quote for your list Pang,

"Some times the the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honor, virtue and courage mean everything. That money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. That true love never dies. Dosen't matter if they're true or not. A man should believe in those things anyway. Because they are the things worth believing in."
    -Secondhand Lions

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I like the movie, too.

But the crook is the crook.

The paper may not cover the fire. The true gold will stand the trial of the fire.

Zhi Bao Bu Zhu Fuo. Cheng Jing Bu Pa Fuo Lian.

So when the old and sick lion roars and then he dies of a heartattack.

thanks for the responses you all. it shall be collected and categorized.

one of my favorite:

"Consider the core of the mind to be a wagon, with will-power to be carried about in it. Push it to a place where there can be failure, and there will be failure. Push it to a place where there can be success, and there will be success. But whether there is success or failure, if one entrusts himself to the straightness of this wagon of the core of the mind, he will attain right-mindedness in either case. Severing oneself from desire and being like a rock or tree, nothing will ever be achieved. Not departing from desire, but realizing a desireless right-mindedness — this is the Way."
    ~ Takuan Soho (1573-?)
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Blog Entries
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Mahatma Ghandi

"Dieing ain't much of a living boy" - Josie Wales

"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie" - Josie Wales
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

"How many people have gone to their graves saying 'you can't do that'?"
    Do - Or do not - There is no try.
    *Yoda*