Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: So You Want A Debate, Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    See, where it all began is i wanted to share the hung sing kwoons history but all or you were chan students.
    YO! Not a Chan student. Not a CLF student. I do Wing Chun, Hung Gar, Hei Long (a northern style influenced by Shaolin temple and by Mongolian wrestling) and am now just starting to learn a northern style the name of which I don't actually know. Most definately not a Chan CLF student.

most of you have never heard the hung sing version of the history.
    This is true. I hadn't even heard of Hung Sing prior to reading this thread.

and that put most of you in shock and made it sound like we were trying to change history. but if you've never heard our version of the history how can you say it's wrong?
    Not in shock in the slightest. In fact consider me to be the dispassionate observer in this situation. What I am saying is simply this: in order to do credit to your school don't misrepresent your information. Since you don't know whether or not your version of history is true perhaps you could refer to it as a founding myth. This would be more accurate than calling it a history.

why hasn't anyone contacted any elders to contradict them? if you were to check the history's even yours fu pow, your sifu says the same thing we do. its also in lee koon hungs book.
    As I said, I don't practice CLF and don't know any CLF elders. However oral traditions make a weak foundation for historical work. If you want to consider your work a history you should be aware of this.

Now when someone tries to tell our story in any kind of detail, non hung sing kwoon members all claim that it is false.
    I have not done so. I have merely stated that the burden of proof lies upon you to prove that it is not so.

but the can't tell you why it's wrong, all they can say is "it just is". the reason why they can't is because they don't know our history.
    It would appear that a few people have provided you with more ample reason than "it just is" to doubt your history.

the Hung Sing Kwoon has a history, just as the chan heung clan does. the only difference is the chan clan stops with chan heung, and just as theirs, our story starts with jeong Yim. Just as the chan family has the direct blood line to chan heung, so does chan ngau sing-the successor to the fut san hsk- his family still exists right there in fut san. they have preserved their great grand fathers history and that of his sifu Jeong Yim.
    Have any of them writen it down? Or is this entirely oral. A british book has dubious provenance. Material from china, though not entirely reliable unless writen as a chronicle or biography during the life of Jeong Yim, would have a better provenance and could provide a basis for historical cross-reference.

So, if chan heungs family can be considered the source of their history, then the same can be said of Chan Ngau Sings lineage. His great grand daughter is still practicing clf, and winning tournaments as well.
    And that is good for them. However as my Sifu said lineage has little to do with modern performance. Live in the now.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Blog Entries
    you're evil nole'

REPENT, SINNER

Hello Xjoe,

glad to see you are still around

Blog Entries
    Simon,

i'm ending this debate, and will take yours advice into consideration. I do apprectiate it though. if you wish to pm me and keep our conversation going that is fine, but this battle is over.

peace.

Blog Entries
    we all need to pray for nole' who's marked with the symbol of the beast.

you anti-christ you!

throw some rocks at him or beat the devil out of him.

Hsk,
    You claim people can't tell you what's wrong with your story? Will you address these points?
    What's wrong with your story? You seem unable to address these points and you seem to avoid answering them:

Hsk,
    If you dig around and research outside your group, I think you'll find that :
    1) The futsan hung sing gwoon was originally opened around 1848 by 2 of Chan Heung's students chan dinyao and chan din foon. Jeong yim later re-opened the school around 1867.

2) Chan Heung spent around 10-12 years with Choy Fook, then spent 2-4 years travelling/revision etc before beginning to teach CLF. So if you take away the 12 years or so, in 1824 Chan Heung was still with lee yau san or nearing meeting Choy Fook to BEGIN training so how could he have met and taught jeong yim in 1826?

3) Someone already quoted your website that says Jeong Yim was born in 1824, so Jeong Yim met Chan Heung when he was 12 years old in 1836 to BEGIN training around the time when CLF was already established, so how could he have founded or co-founded CLF?

4) Are you now changing your story and saying jeong yim was 12 in 1826 and not 2?
    If Jeong Yim was born in 1824, so 12 in 1836, are you saying a 12 yr old founded or co-founded a style (after how much training?) and then opened a school in 1839 around 15 yrs of age?

5) What happened to the story that Jeong Yim died young? (69?)

Kennyfist
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Kennyfist
    Find all posts by Kennyfist
    Add Kennyfist to Your Buddy List

#134 Today, 01:18 AM
    Kennyfist
    Registered User Join Date: Mar 2004

And what about these points?

2) If Jeong yim died young, how much information could he pass to his students? Now you claim he was 12 when he learnt from Chan Heung.... did he say when? How old was Chan Heung then? No dates? Just story "by word of mouth"?

3) Long chi choy was with Chan Heung BEFORE jeong yim, and if you do a bit of searching I think you will find that long chi choy is mentioned in "history" and in fact well known....

4) Jeong yim needed to hide from the government...who said? Where is the evidence? He needed to hide....yet he was able to go around running a fut san hung sing gwoon and "develop fame" and become well known as jeong hung sing?

5) Are you backing off now and saying "it is possible" that jeong yim had name changed to long chi choy and NOT claiming Long chi choy IS jeong yim? Who's changing who's story version or claim now?

6) If you do a bit of searching, I think you'll find that Long chi choy is quite well known as is Jeong Yim, and there are things that Long chi choy did that are told as there are things told about Jeong Yim. Now IF they are the same person, how can they be at different places and do different things around the same time under different names? Don't tell me something like the Clark Kent glasses and Superman and no one can recognise?

Kennyfist
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Kennyfist
    Find all posts by Kennyfist
    Add Kennyfist to Your Buddy List

#135 Today, 01:19 AM
    Kennyfist

These points?
    1) Where does your information come from? Your website if I'm not mistaken mentions Frank Yee's Hung gar and some "elders". If we follow the investigation, where does their information come from? Are you going to answer "by word of mouth"? In other words, folklore or heresay? Legend? Stories?
    In that case how valid is your argument if all your "evidence" is based on other "claims" or arguments that are not supported by evidence?

2) It seems that you also have "changed" your "version" of your "history".
    Oh, we can't say Jeong yim died young now because he must have taught Chan ghau sing and so he must have been around long enough to do that.... Now isn't that going to seem a bit too "convenient" to those who don't buy your theories and claims?

3) I remember you making statements about people changing dates and ages etc etc but what proof can you give that your "elders" and sources did not change dates and lie? Because you said so?

4) Your article..... green grass monk revealed to Jeong Yim he was Cai dezhong..... again where is the evidence? Were you there? How more valid is your statement compared to someone writing "green grass monk revealed to Jeong Yim he was Fong sai Yuk"? or was it Wong Fei Hung or was it Ng Mui or jee sim or Leung Jan or Zhang Wuji??

5) Legend tends to get exaggerations but have a look at Yees descriptions of the dummies.....were they expert engineers back then..... why does exaggerations that come from others are exaggerations but those that come from you or your sources you consider "evidence" or "fact"?

6) By the way, where is that Pak pai mountain or whatever mountain on the real world map? There is Lau fau mountain but where are all these other locations you mention on the actual map?

7) If Choy Fook was green grass monk then Chan Heung and Jeong Yim could not have been class mates. By the time Jeong Yim even met Chan Heung and started to learn kung fu, Choy Fook should have passed away if I'm not mistaken.....

8) If Choy fook was not green grass monk then green grass monk has likely nothing to do with CLF since CLF was established in 1836 by Chan Heung.... Now when was Jeong Yim born and when did he meet Chan Heung?

9) Long ji cheung was a well known student of Chan Heung, in fact a senior student, what evidence do you have that they were the same person? Your speculations? What if someone says they think Jeong yim and wong fei hung was the same person?

10) Your reasoning style does not give very much credibility to your arguments, especially when you make comments like "all you changed was a finger" when comparing 2 forms of which both you do not know, and one you have not seen (Hung gar gung gee, wasn't it?) By the way, you still haven't answered where and when did you see the CLF Gung gee and performed by who?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyfist
    Hsk,
    Are you now rejecting chan family records? Remember YOU told us YOU got the information about Choy Fook's head being scarred from CHAN sources....YOU used it as evidence in your argument in your article.......so WHY are you now rejecting/discrediting chan records?
    So you have no problem with chan records telling you about Choy Fooks scarred head, BUT YOU DO have a problem with them telling you Choy Fook is green grass monk or indicating CHAN HEUNG IS THE FOUNDER OF CLF?

WHY?
    Hsk,
    Are you going to answer these questions?
    Why are you telling Simon PM you? You have already PMed me with abusive message and swearing..... now who is doing what?
    Last edited by Kennyfist; 09-15-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Hsk,
    Debate and discuss history? You have been telling myth and ignoring questions, then you go on to say people can't tell you what is wrong with your story....see previous posts about what is wrong with your story!

Blog Entries
    hey kenny fist.

never mind, you're not CLF.

peace.

sorry to go off topic abit, don't the british lau gar claim that lau gar came from
    pac pai/bac pai mountain in kwang xi or the temple on it, there advanced form
    is called "bac pye jurn" palm of the bac pai mountain the founder had a scar,
    three eyed lau, would like to hear more about the temple and mountain

Blog Entries
    you may be correct.

i have heard from some very good sources was that lau's 3rd eye was the secret to his skills. that 3rd eye saw the future, there fore he could predict what techniques you were going to throw next. There was a fellow monk by the name of the Dry Grass Monk. together, they were and infamous pair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole
    Dude you need to stop chasing the dragon.

The third elders second cousin has decided to challenge Yip Man's second cousin twice removed on his mothers side. But since Yip Man's CLF has never been brought into question maybe we should ask Chan Pui to show his elephant form to Doc Fai Wong and you can be the judge.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Hsk,
    If you re-read this thread you can see in context your posts and the relevance of my questions......

FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

Yesterday, 05:42 AM
    Kennyfist

Hsk,

Quote: "you think you can beat me by asking the very same questions i asked when doing my research."

If you have asked the same questions I have asked of you in your research, and if you already have the answers to those questions.....THEN WHY DO YOU PRESENT THE RESULTS OF YOUR "RESEARCH" IN SUCH A WAY THAT YOU ENABLE THOSE VERY SAME QUESTIONS TO BE RE-ASKED OF YOU?

Now do I have to find a way to tell you that is less abstract?

This is getting funny......

Hsk,
    If you re-read this thread you can see in context your posts and the relevance of my questions......