Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Ren Guang Yi

For the record I have met him and he is snobby. You don't have to train with him and be a senoir student to see that. I used to see him everyday because I trained in the same building and he was friends with my master.
    I know his taichi is great but the fact remains.

hope no one got hurt!!

No one got seriously hurt, but there were definitely some injured people and I never ever want to see the insides of the hospital in Zhengzhou again (although I'm told that there is a new 'foreigners' hospital that is top notch).

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, I've never found Master Ren to be snobby. I've found his accent to be quite thick and that might put off a lot of people. Of course, my perception of any martial artist is heavily skewed by my position, but I've always had kind thoughts about Ren. Ok, there was one time when we shared a room in Texas and he was trying to get me drunk with this bottle of top shelf tequila, then we wound up drinking Remy Martin XO with Gao Xian and were almost in a car accident, but that's another story entirely...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I called him once to ask about classes and in our brief convo, he sounded pretty rude to me. but whatever, i'm sure his skills are banging.

If its true that he is rude.Then regardless if he is a great fighter he is nota real master. a real master would not have an attitude like that.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

I have heard many stories and (experienced first hand) where masters were not that nice to there new students but as the relationship developed things got better. I will not post specifics here but if someone wants to know about my previous experiences and trusted stories of "masters" not being so nice to new students. Send me a private message or email.

This is not about how a master is not "nice" to new students and is more "nicer" to older students. It's about **** manners and being polite to the public.

If someone visits your school, or talks to you on a grocery store or if you m eet a friends friend, there's one thing u shoudl be and that is polite. You dont have to talk and carry some stimulating conversation, you just have to NOT BE AN As5hole.

thats' what we're saying here.