Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sluggish season, effects training.

Or, if you're me, you're always sluggish and lazy because you hate your job and don't want to get up in the morning, and don't want to go to bed at night because you know you'll just have to go to work when you wake up.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Or, if you're me, you're always sluggish and lazy because you hate your job and don't want to get up in the morning, and don't want to go to bed at night because you know you'll just have to go to work when you wake up.
    That is totally 100% how I feel right now!
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

I had to drop my car off to get some work done on it. The place was about 4 blocks from my work so I just skateboarded from their. that less than 10 minutes of exercising made a big difference. I know more than anyone else about not having time in the morning b4 work. Like rolling out of bed, bathroom, get dressed, grab keys and go in about 5 minutes flat. I'm going to see if I cant get a short walk in the morning b4 work. I realised living in san jose it hasnt gotten below 75 during the day and so fall hasnt really affected me as much as my daily laziness.
    Are you a warrior? Killer? Slicin --it like a samurah

I see sk8fool is a wu tang fan...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Curious that you don't "believe" in this. The change in seasons has an effect on this whole planet. Nature is going through a huge change right now. There is less sunlight, the temperature is lower and weather paterns are different. How could this not have an effect on living creatures. Some more than others I'm sure. Consider the moon's gravity and the effect is has on the tides. If the moons gravity is powerful enough to effect something as massive as all the oceans on the planet then how can it not affect people in some way.

Also, there is nothing ancient or mythological about Seasonal Affective Disorder. http://www.nmha.org/infoctr/factsheets/27.cfm

As far as blaming myself for feeling lazy or weak. I really don't know what you're talking about. I've pretty much had the same diet all summer, same workouts, and the same schedule. Then all of a sudden the weather changes, there's less light, it's cloudy and colder and I feel sluggish. What am I supposed to do, look inward and find the reason within myself for the change or does it just make more sense that it might take my body a couple of weeks to adjust to the enviromental changes.

You've got a very condescending way with words dude. Sheesh.
    while it is true that the season change affects the planet, plant life and some animals have a greater dependency on it than we do... plants need the sunlight for photosynthesis and many cannot survive the cold of winter. These things cause plants to die. animals that feed off these plants stock up for the winter and / or hibernate. Humans do not have that great a dependency, thanks to conveniances such as heating, clothing, supermarkets, etc. consequently, we may not feel effects to the same extent - however that is not to say that the extent at which we feel it doesn't vary amongst us. Like bao, the changes don't bother me either. I don't think he was trying to sound condescending, he was just presenting his point of view.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SevenStar,

Thanks for understanding my point of view. I wasn't trying to belittle anyone-just expressing my point of view.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

I too have been hit with the laziness. I've been putting off picking up around my home, and not studying enough. It seems like sleep and tv grab my atention the most. I'll try some sun therapy to see if it helps.

Reply]
    LOL!! I'm in the same boat!! Been feeling tired, and almost burned out and down for about 3 weeks now. I'm a bit better now, but I have only worked out like 2 times.

Ditto for house work not getting done, and wanting extra sleep or TV.

I tried Ginseng, but it actually made me sleepier!! (A sign I'm burned out I think)
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I think it has more to do with sunlight and classical conditioning. For months during the spring and summer, it's sunny when you wake up. It's sunny when you get out of work. It's sunny mostly all day and showers are merely temporary. It's sunny until later at night and also earlier in the morning... When it is dark, you associate that with it getting late and you prepare for sleep.

Now, as the earth continues it's orbit around the sun, it comes to a place where days are shorter. For months, you had woken up to sunshine. When you woke up to dark, then it was still too early and went back to sleep. Likewise, it was light relatively later, so when it went dark of had been for a bit, you'd naturally start getting ready for bed. Combine that with the fact that humans and most primates are not nocturnal, so they have a natural instinct to "rest" at "night".

Now, you are waking up to dark and you have to break this conditioning and (to a lesser degree) instinctual response. You have to get up where for months you went back to sleep. You leave work in the dark (or it gets dark much earlier) which has much the same effect. It's like Pavlov's dogs contantly hearing the bell, but not getting an food. Eventually, this "conditioned" behavior will undergo "extinction" due to the lack of a "reinforcer". (For all you fans of operant conditioning) Right now, our dark-behaviors are undergoing exntinction.

That's my theory anyway. It seems to mesh well with SAD as well.