Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who was the 1st person you saw doing Kung Fu.

Id probably have to say "The Karate Kid" if you actually called that kung fu, otherwise id have to say Bruce Lee, in Enter the dragon, though when I was about 7 I saw a movie at a friends place who was a Taekwondo person, and saw some highly elaborate fight scene on ladders and only until like 3 days ago I realised that was Jet Li in one of the "Once apon a time in china" movies, cos I just saw a trailer on my 30th aniversary edition dvd set.

Funny how ive seen most of jet li's movies but I havnt seen that one, I saw "Once apon a time in China 2" and thats it.
    -Slade-

Come on down to my house and I have all the Jet Li movies prior to Unleashed. It will have to be in mandarin though. No subtitles!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

My dad. My parents and my sister were all taking kung fu about the time I was born. They would take me to class with them. I was doing stances before I could walk. To bad things didn't work out better.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Come on down to my house and I have all the Jet Li movies prior to Unleashed. It will have to be in mandarin though. No subtitles!
    Thanks for the offer but I just bourt the whole set of 3 on DVD today for 45 bucks so im quite happy

Plus I already had Fist of Legend, Tai Chi master, Meltdown, Contract killer, Legend of Red dragon, The one, and Cradle To the grave beforehand. so im racking up quite a collection.
    -Slade-

fist view of kung fu

Mine was Bruce Lee as Kato on TV and then on Batman as a kid. I didn't know it was kung fu though. I just thought he was lightning fast and a cool character.

Who was the first person you saw doing Kung Fu

The first person I ever saw doing Kung Fu was Bruce Lee.
    His movies still inspire kids and adults alike. I remember
    the glimmer he had in his eyes, and lightening fast moves.
    Shalom

bad movies!!!!!!!!!!
    Bless you

Bruce lee, in enter the dragon

Jackie Chan in "Snake In the Eagle's Shadow"

I don't remember where or who I saw Kung Fu from. It was most likely on TV - Black Belt Theater. The first MA I saw was Oyama Shihan (not Mas but Shigeru)

Carradine on "kung Fu" then Bruce Li in the "Bruce Lee" movie he did.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Video, much like many, Bruce Lee.

In person, all my sihing and sifu.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I cannot remember my first encounter with Kung Fu. I watched Kung Fu theater with my dad from the time I was a baby. Mom never let me take lessons, though, which is why I didn't start training untill I was 18 and out on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Cant remember the first time i saw kung fu , but one of the few times i saw real kung fu and i thought wow, was about 6 years ago, this builder had come over, i dont know the word in english but he is the guy who puts all the wood in place for the concrete to be poured into when building a house.

Now this guy had 1337 kung fu skillz, he could put part of the nail through the wood with his hands before hammering it in. Turns out since he was 12 and then he was 33 all he had been doing his entire life is putting the nail onto the wood and then hammering it in, so he had got so used to it when he tapped the nail on the wood he would have so much strength he put it through without even thinking about it.
    This guy was the nail gun