Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof Of Chi?

Question Proof Of Chi?

I've read about a lot of people who have supposedely had an experience with CHI that made them believers. I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on their accounts of undeniable proof. Be it something that an instructer did to you or something you discovered yourself.

J-Hon

In my travels I ran into a Tai Chi master in China that had the ability to extend his qi into others. Of course I HAD to feel it personally so I invited him to show me.

He had demonstrated on a couple others before me so I got the weaker version. As soon as his hand was within a couple inches of my arm I felt the tingling and when he made contact I felt a stronger, cyclic jolt. It was similar to an electric shock but not exactly.

That was years ago and to this day I run it through my mind trying to figure out exactly what it was and how to describe it. It had a wave feature to it like electricity but something about it was different. It was kind of a pulsing like energy.

Even if it was electricity that would still be an amazing feat considering he didn't have any wires attached to him or any batteries in his pockets.

On the other hand I'm skeptical of all these new age qi mystics that play with qi balls and think there's nothing to it. I suspect a large number are fooling themselves. Nobody wants to admit 'I don't get it' so they go along telling their qi stories and feeling tuned in to the natural world. Kind of like TC peer pressure.

So since I've been thinking about this a lot lately I've decided to go on a Qi Quest.

J-Hon you started the thread, what are your thoughts?
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

I posted this in another forum but maybe the internal one is better.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=38943

Life would be proof of chi.

I discovered it by accident, I was just holding my hands in front of me(like your holding a ball), and noticed Magnetism. I had never noticed this before so looked it up, and found out about it on a 'psi' site(I guess this could be classed as new age), but I knew it was chi(Or im pretty certain it is, im not just imagining it). I've tried it out on other people and they feel it, when I put their hand through my hands, they feel tingling, warmth, magnetism etc.. Obviously mines isn't too strong, as i only stumbled upon this a month or so ago but I practice the 8 brocades and feel tingling etc, when doing that and when im holding my crystals, I feel a pulsing energy, thats my proof of Chi. Even before i experienced it, I believed in it.. no point in not believing.

It's my observation that people who are into holding crystals always feel their qi and quite a few see qi too. The fact that they take a lot of drugs too in no way diminishes the validity of their experiences of course.

So have you tested or measured this magnetism in any way? How exactly did you notice this magnetism? Were metal objects attracted to your hands?

I don't take any drugs.

And im relatively new to crystals too.

I just imagine a ball of energy in my hands and imagine it getting fuller and open my hands in and out and imagine compressing it when pushing the hands in. They push against each other and when you go in real close they pull together, very lightly though.. I can only get my 'Ball'(Well, I see it as strands between the hands, like I can move my hands far apart and still feel it, so its like a rainbow)so 'hard' though.. Just need more practice I guess. I haven't noticed metal being attracted to my hand but I can generate it in my hand without using the hands opposing each other and feel this magnetism against something, or I can generate it in mid air, and I feel like there is something 'on' my hand and there is lag when I pull my hand back and forth with it... It's hard to explain.

I'm referencing people I know but from what I've seen drugs, qi balls, and crystals seem to go hand in hand.

IOW, the type of person that's attracted to one is usually attracted to the others as well.

Now as I've mentioned in another thread here somewhere I can manipulate a piece of paper under glass but I don't think that's qi. Seems more like an electrical charge with opposing fields. Nothing mystical but naturally generated and controlled by the human body.

If qi IS the natural electric field of the human body then it should be easy to measure and produce on demand. So, could qi be nothing more than the body's natural electric field that can be gathered, consolidated and manipulated within the body and extended into others?

I have a number of stories that would suggest the presence of chi, however I will only share these two now.

These occurred some 25 years ago.

I was participating in a ceremony with a friend of mine who was an American Indian Medicine Man. At one point in the ceremony I was laying on my back and he was chanting and performing his actions when he placed a small crystal on my forehead on what he called a medicine wheel, but what is more commonly called the third eye. I felt pressure build up in this spot as if someone was pressing on it hard. Then the crystal started shivering and fell off. Every time he replaced it the same thing would occur. He stated he had never seen such activity before.

Another exercise we would practice is this:

Take a piece of paper and wad it up. Stand about 20 feet apart and simply throw it at each other. At that distance it is pretty hard to miss hitting the other person. But we could avoid being hit by the wad at least 80% of the time. You are not allowed to move your feet or try to avoid, parry or catch the wad. You may project your power though. We used our hands arms extended to project the power. I found I could avoid being struck more frequently then my friend. (the Medicine Man). I discovered the key was not to try to divert the wad, but to project the power toward his head trying to throw off his equilibrium. This worked much better than trying to divert the trajectory of the wad.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but maybe your friend just had bad aim??

Actually where the heck are you that you come in contact with a medicine man?

Hi Ronin22,

LOL!! I don’t think you are being an ass! If someone can't hit you from 15-20 feet he would be a miserable aim though, that is for sure! I am not offended as I expected someone would find a way to rationalize the exercise away. We all have healthy skepticism and we naturally try to rationalize away things we don’t understand or haven’t experienced ourselves and I am no different either. I don’t expect anyone to flat out believe me and I wouldn’t expect anyone who doesn’t know me to trust my word. But a question was posed so I responded. Those who want to believe will and those who don’t won’t and that is ok with me. I don’t believe everything others post either.

Here is another story! I got lots but just one more for now, LOL!! One day we were sitting on the couch after a ceremony. We were not talking and not moving. I felt this weird sensation and the room spun about half a turn. I didn’t move and didn’t say anything I just sat there trying to figure out what happened. My friend said, “Huh!!” I said, “What?” He said, “I just made the room spin!” I said, “Oh! I was wondering what happened!” Then we were quiet again!

I met him through a friend and we became instant friends. I was part of his family and an apprentice for some time, before I moved away.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 10-25-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Descriptions Are Not Always Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthvenom
    I just imagine a ball of energy in my hands and imagine it getting fuller and open my hands in and out and imagine compressing it when pushing the hands in. They push against each other and when you go in real close they pull together, very lightly though.. I can only get my 'Ball'(Well, I see it as strands between the hands, like I can move my hands far apart and still feel it, so its like a rainbow)so 'hard' though.. Just need more practice I guess. I haven't noticed metal being attracted to my hand but I can generate it in my hand without using the hands opposing each other and feel this magnetism against something, or I can generate it in mid air, and I feel like there is something 'on' my hand and there is lag when I pull my hand back and forth with it... It's hard to explain.
    Yes, this is difficult to describe, but I think you do a good job of it here. Describing these sensations is not easy with people who have never felt them before or are set to reject these explanations.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin22
    I posted this in another forum but maybe the internal one is better.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=38943
    This is interesting nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    Hi Ronin22,

LOL!! I don’t think you are being an ass! If someone can't hit you from 15-20 feet he would be a miserable aim though, that is for sure! I am not offended as I expected someone would find a way to rationalize the exercise away. We all have healthy skepticism and we naturally try to rationalize away things we don’t understand or haven’t experienced ourselves and I am no different either. I don’t expect anyone to flat out believe me and I wouldn’t expect anyone who doesn’t know me to trust my word. But a question was posed so I responded. Those who want to believe will and those who don’t won’t and that is ok with me. I don’t believe everything others post either.

Here is another story! I got lots but just one more for now, LOL!! One day we were sitting on the couch after a ceremony. We were not talking and not moving. I felt this weird sensation and the room spun about half a turn. I didn’t move and didn’t say anything I just sat there trying to figure out what happened. My friend said, “Huh!!” I said, “What?” He said, “I just made the room spin!” I said, “Oh! I was wondering what happened!” Then we were quiet again!

I met him through a friend and we became instant friends. I was part of his family and an apprentice for some time, before I moved away.

This was after you put down the peace pipe and before you got the munchies right? You got to admit that does sound freaky to anyone reading this. Nontheless I do think it's awesome to hear stories such as this because I do want to believe in this it's just unless I experience it for myself I will be obviously skeptical.

what do you think of Master Li who is mentioned in the website above? I just wish I had a master of qi gong such as that around here (NYC area) to experience it