Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcement pt 2

Thumbs up Oh no my feelings are hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by mantis55
    Jake,

You did not just act as the messenger, you added your commentary, which in my opinion, was juvenile.

I'm from the old school and an older generation...you would not pass my character test and certainly not my late sifu's either. Same goes for you, Shirkers.

Sifu Ron Aviles
    Well I'm sorry I tried to make light of a situation that frankly I'm sick of hearing about. Political garbage period.. As for your character test, I didn't know that I needed your personal opinion of me to wake up every day with a smile on my face. For you saying that you failed MY personal character test.. how do you like that mr older generation TRUE senior student guy? I'm sure my comment means little to you.. Just like titles, political garbage, or your views of my personal character mean little to me.... flame on.

Welcome to the boards by the way, and to do it with a blatant personal attack is a good move on your part. (read my signiture and you'll see that sarcasm was just used)

As for mantis, maybe these other cats were right... Looks like maybe we CAN'T let all of this title, political garbage sit down and let the greater learning good stand up and breathe free. Looks like this whole idea of gathering together for the greater good was just a waste of time and we will just end up bickering over useless stuff like all the other Martial families out there.
    Last edited by shirkers1; 10-27-2005 at 11:04 AM.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

level out....

Well,...so much for keeping this one together & level-headed. Lets stick with mantis issues here & not get into personality squabbles....

Some are more traditional that others and this should be respected just as much as the non-traditionalists. This goes along very well with the subject of terminology & how people takes things. To some, disciple (live-in,...closed door student, long-time student,..etc.) is a very strong term and to others a lesser term to describe someone that teaches or promotes.

Lets keep defamation out of this discussion & we can all get a lot more out of it.

Best Wishes to all,
    ~BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mantid1
    I have not read or heard anything nasty or negative about this form Master Lai's group. In fact they compliment Mr. Cottrell for his hard work in promoting the Mantis styles.
    That is the way it should be. Let other forums concentrate on trash talk if that is their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeiTangLang
    Some are more traditional that others and this should be respected just as much as the non-traditionalists. [...] Lets keep defamation out of this discussion & we can all get a lot more out of it.
    Thanks for being a chill dude, Bei. I appreciate that.

N.

Discipleship and lineage are irrelevant.

I have heard a lot of great things about Steve's character and skill as a martial artist.

He is the same person regardless of whether or not he is a disciple, or belongs to some lineage.

"American Mantis; I had to do something in my spare time learning the basics."

Dr. George Lisjak

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies
    This forum is getting a bit sensitive for a bunch of kung fu dudes!
    No one is fanning ****, I am merely quoting the magazine! No one outside of the individuals *****ing are fanning any flames. I am merely the messenger

Again what is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about? I did not write it, I read it in IKF. If you are feeling this is wrong, or "starting" something get upset with Cater.
    Three Harmonies,

You say you are not fanning flames and only being a messenger but this topic was over with, Sifu Cottrell stated his position, the thread was closed. Anyone who picked up IKF could have read that article. You chose to re-open this topic on both this forum and the MQ forum. How are you not instigating anything? Cater did not bring it to the forums, you did. You re-opened this closed topic. I wonder what your motivations are for doing so.

There are personal and sensitive issues that are being kept within the Lai Gung Fu family. Not everything needs to be made public and there are details withheld to protect the very person you think you are supporting. Be careful what you wish for.

There are some on these Internet forums that seem to think everything should be shared and made available to the public domain. They honor and praise those that share and belittle and ridicule those that don't. Not everyone qualified to teach wishes to do so. Not everyone who has the information wants to be be known and sought after. Why can't their privacy be respected without making such blanket statements as "those who don't share don't know anything worth sharing anyways"? It is a choice, they simply choose to remain quiet and keep to themselves.

Vance
    Last edited by Young Mantis; 10-27-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

I guess it is making matters worse, yet you respond to these posts. I cannot instigate if no one responds. You are right, anyone could have picked up IKF and read the news. I guess I am the a.... big meanie head because I posted it on the boards. Sorry for wasting everyones time.
    "Not everything needs to be made public......"
    Dude...........what can I say about jumping on the hipocrite bus . I believe how all of this started was the word "disciple" was used in a magazine (that anyone could have picked and read on their own ), and certain individuals within the "Lai Family" decided it was in everyones best interest to air their laundry and wave their political flag! You wonder what my motivations are??? Do not sit here and shame me (or anyone else for that manner), when you are going to do the same thing!
    If this is a "private family matter" then no one should have ever heard about it on the boards, nor in letters to IKF! If it is indeed being handled privately between all the parties, then why bother responding to my "immature" posts?
    So my apologies to all. BTL if you deem it proper, lock her down with your fist of steel . My motivation was solely to make this letter and statement from Dave Cater known to the general populace that may not read IKF. Sorry to Ron and Steve if I escalated anything.
    On the flip side of that coin, some of you all need to watch where that finger is pointing before calling me (and others) on certain things! The double standards on this board are getting a bit out of control.

Later, much later,
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

-

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mantis
    There are personal and sensitive issues that are being kept within the Lai Gung Fu family. Not everything needs to be made public and there are details withheld to protect the very person you think you are supporting. Be careful what you wish for.
    I cannot help but agree that family issues are an internal matter. I believe there are details in all families that are withheld to protect many subject matters & this one is no acception.

Be careful for what you wish for are truely words to live by.

I believe this thread is loosing its usefullness as a knowledge bin.
    I'm closing it.

White monkey, if you think there is something that still needs to be dicussed, post it on a new thread.

Best wishes to all,
    ~BTL
    Last edited by BeiTangLang; 10-27-2005 at 01:34 PM.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!