Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    I apologize to the forum if my membership has cause negative 'elements' to follow me here. <snip>
    Phil, Think about the positives. Don't give those rasterds the satisfaction. I deal with trolls all the time and the best advice comes from Timothy Campbell, who wrote a very good article on dealing with Trolls

[QUOTE=Patrick Gordon]
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzdragon
    I'm not ashamed of my name or lineage. My name is Jim Schwarz. I studied under Master Sifu John Clayton in Baltimore, Maryland. You can verify this by looking up his website: www.advancedwingchun.com,

That isn't the Bot Cham Do form on his video is it? I am not knocking your Sifu at all, I am just wondering. It didn't look like any Wing Chun I ahave ever seen.

Patrick Gordon.
    Sifu Clayton was ad libbing (sp)? That's not the actual BJD form.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_pasram
    Phil, Think about the positives. Don't give those rasterds the satisfaction. I deal with trolls all the time and the best advice comes from Timothy Campbell, who wrote a very good article on dealing with Trolls
    That article is so true. Thanks, I'm not going anywhere unless I decide to stop posting on my own and not because of trolls.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Patrick Gordon

The link to your website seems to be broken, at least on my end, and you don't have a way to PM email you here. Can you email me at sifupr@gmail.com regarding the BJD form?
    Thanks in advance.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    I apologize to the forum if my membership has cause negative 'elements' to follow me here. Maybe if I don't post here they will leave.
    At first glance, it almost sounds like you're talking about ghosts or something paranormal, heh. I know a good banishing chant or two.

I'm taking a break from this forum for that reason.
    Phil, as someone who has been involved in online martial arts discussions since '90, I can honestly tell you these types come and go. Stay true to your self, ignore the riff raff (except when they become too stupid for everyone elses good), and you'll be fine. Leaving here isn't going to do anything - they'll just pop back up when you get active again or follow you elsewhere.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Phil,

anyone here with a modicum of intelligence knows how to seperate the wheat from the chaff, and can see past these retard's BS.........

No need to make yourself scarce.

Besides, it sometimes offers a bit of entertainment to see how low they'll go, and no one with any active brain matter will see it as reflecting on you in any way.

-Lawrence
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich