Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Original Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Well, since no HFY practitioner answered my earlier questions about Wang Ming and his relationship to GM Gee, (which, as I noted, would go a LONG way to strengthen HFY's claims to legitimacy) maybe someone can answer this one:
    2nd post... no profile...

If you truly want to know the answer to your question, there is only one way. EARN IT.

You have earned nothing... except a "most likely to grow up and be a troll" title.

On this and other threads, the HFY practitioners keep saying over and over and over (!) that you have to "experience the system" in order to validate its claims.

HOWEVER, what possible experience could any of you possess that would validate its historical claims? For example, what possible experience could you have that would enable you to verify that, indeed, Taan Sau Ng invented "the WC Formula" rather than Garrett Gee?
    The formula is much too complex to have been invented by one person. End of story...

We keep preaching that hand's on experience is essential for learning Kung Fu over and over because it is. End of Story...

Here's yet another WC practioner from a different lineage (20 years experience) who experienced the system for himself.

http://www.hfy108.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=1430

This is real.

Train,

Sure there are lots of sources, but all of them talk about the same stuff. i like to listen to different lineages talk about their side of their history.

Do they all talk about the same stuff? Please give examples! We have some saying: 12, 22, 40, 50 blah blah. The only way to come up with a more likely is to sift thru all the info. and go cross check the different lineages, terms, methods, mechanics etc..

I don't agree with all of them but hey it's their hisory! I don't go out my way and dog them just becuase it's different.

Researching them or trying to figure out a more likely is dog them? Was I rude to my sifu because I cross check the info. he gave me? Funny how he didn't give it a second thought! The only problem people have when discussing stuff that comes close to home is their own ego and desired beliefs being bothered. So, we have two ways of looking at it! One is what is fair for all is ok and the other is what is fair for all is not ok for us according to your position. Nobody has been under the micro scope more than Yip Man, Yuen Kay San, Pan Nam etc.. So, for me, in the end all that matter is are you happy? Who cares what people discuss if you are happy!

I don't doubt that Master Leung Jan was good. But in IMO Master lueng jan could have only talk them the San Sau version. But then again who knows.... there isn't any thing documented saying anything....

What is the progression and purpose of WCK? Cultivation right! Did Chen Man Cheng waste any benefits of Taiji when he refined the form? Did Wang Xiang Zhai waste any benefit of Hsing Yi when he refined and developed Yi Chuan? Number of moves and terms this or that means nothing IMO. It obviously didn't mean much to these guys either! Content is what counts. Leung Jan was no different! There is much documented about Dr. Leung. Books written (some that are in the process of being translated as we speak), his home has historical pictures in it, movies made etc. etc. Dr. Leung Jan's own family, Leung Wai Nam (great grandson), stays in contact with Fung Chun sifu of the Ku Lo family. Lots of places and info to cross check for research. Fung Wah Sang has compiled a huge doctrine on the life and teaching of Dr. Leung thru his research. So many ways to look into Dr. Leung to come up with more likely or less likely.

And Actually I don't care!! You have your history others have theirs!!!!

Great! Then stay out of the debate if you dont care! This is a "Discussion Board" after all and nobody is above or below anyone. If its ok to discuss the details of every WCK art over the years then that should include every art! Even the Secret Ones

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by duende
    You have earned nothing... except a "most likely to grow up and be a troll" title.
    That doesn't make sense! I wasn't aware one had to "earn" something in order to ask legitimate questions! And for doing so I am told to grow up and called a troll?

Why not just say: "we don't know" or "that isn't revealed to outsiders" or whatever, instead of engaging in personal attacks? I was interested in learning more about HFY, but now I'm having second thoughts! Do you think such behaviour is conducive to getting more people interested in your organization?

The formula is much too complex to have been invented by one person. End of story...
    Is it really that complicated? More so than, say, Einstein's Theory of Relativity or Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 11-01-2005 at 10:17 AM.

There is much documented about Dr. Leung. Books written (some that are in the process of being translated as we speak), his home has historical pictures in it, movies made etc. etc. Dr. Leung Jan's own family, Leung Wai Nam (great grandson), stays in contact with Fung Chun sifu of the Ku Lo family. Lots of places and info to cross check for research. Fung Wah Sang has compiled a huge doctrine on the life and teaching of Dr. Leung thru his research. So many ways to look into Dr. Leung to come up with more likely or less likely.
    Hey Jim,

The above has caught my attention....I would definitely be interested in getting a hold of these if and when they happen to come out! Will Fung Wah Sang's compilation be translated as well?
    It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

That doesn't make sense! I wasn't aware one had to "earn" something in order to ask legitimate questions! And for doing so I am told to grow up and called a troll?

Why not just say: "we don't know" or "that isn't revealed to outsiders" or whatever, instead of engaging in personal attacks? I was interested in learning more about HFY, but now I'm having second thoughts! Do you think such behaviour is conducive to getting more people interested in your organization?

Is it really that complicated? More so than, say, Einstein's Theory of Relativity or Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle?
    Ghostdog,

If you are honestly interested, I apologize and suggest you visit one of our regional kwoons.

FYI... using phrases like "claims of legitimacy" smell of bad breath. Especially as a first post from someone with no background references.

Hello,

Hey Jim,

The above has caught my attention....I would definitely be interested in getting a hold of these if and when they happen to come out! Will Fung Wah Sang's compilation be translated as well?

The books may be eventually for the public. They are in Australia right now in the hands of a YKS and PSWC practitioner.

Fung Sang's notes will not!

Will keep ya posted!

Peace,
    Jim