View Poll Results: Which one would you like, and why? <doesn't apply if you already know it>

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hung Ga's; fu hok sheung ying kuen

6 33.33%
  • Wing Chun's; biu ji

1 5.56%
  • Bak Sil Lum's; sik fot

2 11.11%
  • Choy Li Fut's; dat ting bot gwa (dat ting)

8 44.44%
  • Shaolin's ; dai hong chuan

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choose!

Choose!

If you could learn a form from these listed, that you don't already have (no gloating) , which would it be, and for what reason?
    There are no wrong answers...well...you know.

anyhow, Choose kfm forum user!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What listed forms?
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

hey hyper boy! I hadn't finished the poll and it submitted the post first. geez, settle down. lol

I would also add, please don't get all academic in my face by my romanibutcherization of the chinese names. Thanks.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I made the list randomly from what I considered to be a fair mix of intermediate and advanced forms according to my understanding of these styles listed.

I myself chose dat ting. For a couple of reasons.
    The first being I am most unfamiliar with the CLF style , not greatly knowledgable in the others but have had a taste of those shapes. And no clf to speak of.

Secondly, It would be cool to have a form that when people ask what it is, you can say "It's dat ting I do"

No, this was not a setup to make that joke and all you clf-ers feel free to use it next class.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've gone for Dat Ting Bot Gwa, as I know Yee Jong Bot Gwa, and it's the coolest form I know. Sik Fot was the only other one that appealed, as I've seen the others many times, and they don't inspire drooling in me.
    To be fair, there are several high level CLF sets, such as Dai Bot Gwa,Joi Bot Sin,Ng Ying, continuous dual kicking, elephant....
    In other systems, the Mok Gar 108 kicks form would be cool, Zhaquan #10, 5 tigers fist, ANY dog boxing.....
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Thumbs up

the reason i choose wing chun is because i know it and i dont know the bil jee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    the reason i choose wing chun is because i know it and i dont know the bil jee yet.
    Heh heh heh, then you don't know wing chun!

The CLF one, cos 'I know wing chun' ( ) and CLF is supposed to be a good foil to it.

But rather than learning a form from a style I don't do, I'd rather learn a) a new style, or b) more apps and live drills and sparring using the forms I do know...

So, at risk of being a killjoy, maybe this question should be

a) Which style would you like to do next?

or

b) How would you train your forms in live applications more effectively?

1. tiger crane dual forms. I like bow character taming tiger better or Gong Zi Fu Fu Quan. or just pure tiger. dun like the mix of tiger and crane together.

2. WC I like little idea better or Xiao Lian Tou/ siu liam tao

3. Shaolin fist. I like Xiao Hong Quan or little red.

Thumbs up

the Why part: it is only a personal choice and opinions.

1. tiger forms have all the things you need already. Gong Zi Fu Fu has all the basic elements and more.

2. WC little idea has all the basic things you need and more. guarding the center line high, mid, low mid, everything out of your shoulder line. You practice all the hand moves while practicing standing in horse riding stance.

3. xiao hong fist is the basic or entry forms have all the basic stances and fists in Shaolin fist. There are even simplified 27 forms. It is good for young boys or girls or any Kung Fu entry practice.

If you "master" the three. You would be WOW already.

Last edited by SPJ; 11-13-2005 at 05:35 AM.

I wouldnt do any of them! Why, because they dont move the way i like m/arts to move, may make look nice and can be effective in the right hands though but not my cuppa!

FT

Thumbs up

wow mat your like totaly misreading my statement be know means do phrhaps u should think a little before you make any judgement. Unless your perfect which wouldn surprise me if you saidf you were.

for me i would like da hong chuan, loosening of body and correct expresion of power through relaxation then tense muscles. the form looks like it is beautiful to practise, like a moving meditation.
    thats what i feel would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by viper
    wow mat ...
    I didn't make a judgment, I made a joke

I could just see lines from cheesy kungfu movies flashing in front of me So shoot me!

Id have to say fu hok sheung ying kuen (Hung Gar) mainly because cos ive always found Hung gar as a really awesome style and ive been watching the once upon a time in china series a little too much lately.
    Id pick Wing Chun (Bil Jee) but I already know it.

Personally I like 10 forms fist better than the Tiger/Crane set though.
    Last edited by Slade; 11-13-2005 at 05:09 AM.
    -Slade-

I'd go for the CLF one for the same reason as mat (it's supposed to be a good counter to WC, so I'd like to at least know what I'm up against :P) and also because I think my physique is probably more suited to that than the others. Having said that I did learn a tiny bit of Hung Gar once which interested me, so throw that in there too.