Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fight Vid clip [ not to shabby ]

It is alot better then William Chun did in his taped fight.

Haha...that was funny. Probably not to Will C though. Those were just typical guys fighting typical fights. The skinny kick went down because he'd probably never been kicked in the side before--got the air knocked out of him.

The two low life's fight was much more brutal---not much in terms of real "skill" but rather some experience was evident in that one of them had better timing. I don't think he was "centered" or "balanced" or hit "cleanly down the middle" per say, but he did a better job than the other fella. I think low kicks (unless you did some major damage) would merely put the kicker off balance with the amount of forward momentum that mexican guy carried. I'd say take him down--ground and pound. That's probably what he's used to anyway.

Interesting to watch--but they wouldn't last with people of skill. Hell they wouldn't last with the guys off of TUF either. (the ultimate fighter).
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Dr. Evil strikes again !!!

who me

what caught my eye with these guys , was how many times i have heard wing chun people , ''well they average guy in the street , wouldn't have this or that skill , just punch all wild and blah blah , '' and they then base there training , conditioning off this mental image of look here he comes with his silly wide punch and then i would use my technique XYZ right after i spin like wonder woman and my uniform materiaizes silk slippers and all , and then he would and then i would and then , and then ETC,,,,,,,,,

yet here are some gold old boys , with some basic punching skills , clinch and take down skills , they knew were to hit from what position [roughly] and how to hit hard enough to inflict some damage

perhaps the effect of TV lesson who knows but the info is out there and they moved better and with more agression then probably 90% of the MA types that fill schools , that would crap there pants under pressure

i just thought it was funny

Last edited by Ernie; 11-22-2005 at 08:23 AM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

James how did i know you would be the first one to respond to my post hahahaha

I'll take the high road on this one
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

I think the guy who beat up the skinhead is no slouch. He's tough and he has some skills.

Agree with Ernie and Matrix (Bill) on this.

the guy with the hair weighed alot more then the skin head guy which I'm sure helped him.It looked like he had power in his right hand and had good timing his right hand.nice knee shots to the head.that finished it.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

The guy that beat the skinhead has a better understanding of basic WC than most WC people and he probably hasn't been to one class.

Quote Originally Posted by sihing
    So that's why firstly you don't just fight anyone on the street for any reason, at least IMO. Second you have to have the knowledge that not everything is going to be perfectly exectuted when you use your tools on the street.
    James,
    I would think that you might not be given a choice. You may just have to fight this guy or someone like him. And if "perfect" execution is required then you're SOL. Obviously he isn't perfect, and yet he is pretty effective.
    Forget the theorizing and realize that it's a rough world out there.
    Last edited by Matrix; 11-24-2005 at 12:21 AM.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    Interesting to watch--but they wouldn't last with people of skill. Hell they wouldn't last with the guys off of TUF either. (the ultimate fighter).
    You should apply to be on next seasons's TUF show........ I would love to see a wing chun guy on there showing the coaches and fighters how to apply wing chun techniques & principles, and how they're more efficient & effective than what they're doing now. It would be a real "eye opener" for all of America and the MMA community to see on national television just how awesome wing chun can be.......
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

You should apply to be on next seasons's TUF show........ I would love to see a wing chun guy on there showing the coaches and fighters how to apply wing chun techniques & principles, and how they're more efficient & effective than what they're doing now. It would be a real "eye opener" for all of America and the MMA community to see on national television just how awesome wing chun can be.......

Why dont YOU apply and show all us TCMist just how sophisticated YOUR approach to training is???? Clearly you know a much better way then then what all us wing chun guy/girls know.

Quote Originally Posted by Airdrawndagger
    Why dont YOU apply and show all us TCMist just how sophisticated YOUR approach to training is???? Clearly you know a much better way then then what all us wing chun guy/girls know.
    I think it'd be cool to be on TUF, but it might be a while before my wing chun is at the level where I can insinuate that the rest of the competitors appearing on that show are comparitively "unskilled".
    Last edited by lawrenceofidaho; 11-25-2005 at 02:46 PM.
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

hey ernie. how's it hanging? i'm looking at the first vid and i'd say it looks like a mismatch. haired guy definitely has faster hands and skin head really falls apart the second he's on the ground whereas the hairy guy already has a plan once they take it to the ground. Of course, he's winning, so i guess he'd have every reason to be more calm. The second video i'd say was ugly and is another mismatch. Both guys are just flailing like idiots. Nothing like a good straight blast to go through that. But the kid in the white shirt is bigger and is just plain overpowering the blue kid. The kick in the end looked kind of slow, but i wouldn't be surprised if he came out of a local tkd school. Looking at this video, i'm kind of trying to put myself in the blue kids shoes. What would I be doing? This is all just theory fighter and all, but against a guy who is slightly bigger (but not that much bigger than me), i'd probably shoot for a single or double leg to take him down when he's trying to hold me down. Sure, it's not what Gary's been teaching me, but the training i've been doing here kind of makes me want to shoot on impulse now these days. Can't wait to come back and get that cleaned up

Quote Originally Posted by sihing
    Bill, everything you say on this forum is theory. Everything Ernie, Victor, Hendrik's, myself, etc.. says on this forum is theory, up until you meet each individual in person, and exchange ideas and such, then it is not, so please save the lecture......
    Sorry you feel my comments were a lecture. I don't think they were any more or less so than your comments. Like you said, these posts are only words - an exchange of ideas. What's that old saying about "sticks and stones..... "??
    As for meeting in-person and exchanging ideas. I sincerely look forward to that time.

Peace,
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'