Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Morita is dead...

My prayers are with his family.
    Figure Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    At a resturaunt this week my six year old said " Hey look that baby has his mother in side control!" We look over and my wife whispers to me "Is she breast feeding?" I said yes.
    IN that case, I plan on being in a North/South position with the wife by midnight. I may be able to transition to back control if she gets enough wine down...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

ill just rub one out.

it's easier.
    where's my beer?

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
    Figure Eight

So long to the Hip Nip, Noriyuki Morita.

KK is still one of the few movies with martial arts in it that I enjoy, and his character is a big part of the reason why.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

A challenged life.

Among his many challenges was living through the invo;untary internment of many Japanese Americans in Arizona during World War 2.

joy chaudhuri

yeah thats something that most, if not all, of us cant even being to sympathize with.
    where's my beer?

I don't mean to be a d!ck here, as it is a terrible shame to have lost such an iconic figure. However, you guys are all talking like he was a real karate master. He was an actor who never formally studied martial arts and most of his karate scenes were done by a stunt double.

If anything, you should be creditting the writer of the Karate Kid movies if they resonated that well with you. Pat Morita was a great actor, but not a sensei!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I don't mean to be a d!ck here, as it is a terrible shame to have lost such an iconic figure. However, you guys are all talking like he was a real karate master. He was an actor who never formally studied martial arts and most of his karate scenes were done by a stunt double.

If anything, you should be creditting the writer of the Karate Kid movies if they resonated that well with you. Pat Morita was a great actor, but not a sensei!
    Right, but it's what he stood for; the way he portrayed the role. Come on, how many of you when you were young wanted to meet someone like Mr. Miyagi?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I know what serpent is saying, i think most of us credit rocky and karate kid movies to our ongoing drive to keep training , its the eternal underdog story which everyone is , as no one can be born a champion, And the same person directed both these films John G. Avildsen !
    Even the late andy hug said himself that he found great inspiration from the rocky films.

However pat morita expressed what people looked for in a martial arts master,
    in a way if bruce lee can still be remembered as a great fighter after only one debatable fight and arnold schwazzeneger can become governor. Then pat morita can be classed as a martial arts master by enticing 2 generations to take up martial arts as well as giving people an understanding of so many things portrayed in the movie.

Also in an interview pat morita said whilst he was in a hotel a famous japanese sensei saw him, came up to him bowed and called him sensei !!!

Lets face it when i put on the ali movie , that was bad, i took it off after the first 10 minutes , they portrayed ali practically as a "whats up my dawg im da man " and sonny liston as a redneck im gonna **** you up.
    Last edited by Wong Fei Hong; 11-29-2005 at 03:22 AM.