Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jut sow / jutsow

woliveri Guest

He said She said

Northern Mantis, that was me commenting on the article where Mimi Chan states that she's learning the "secret forms" from her father and what I was so ****ed at was her stating that in a national magazine rather than keeping it to herself. What she said was insulting and disrespectful to all the senior students before her. It is a slap in the face to all those students who have paid hundreds to thousands of dollars, not to mention sweat, with the intent of being devoded to Wah Lum and hoping to learn good stuff. I know she's going to get the forms Master Chan hasn't let out (and I know there is a lot and have known for a long time) but she doesn't need to be disrespectful and flaunt it, thumb her nose at them all. I am not in Wah Lum when the article was written but if I were I would be gone after that. It was insulting. You need to go back and reread what was said before you paraphrase it. Also, you mentioned money, It is well known in our time that Master Chan's interest was for money. I know the story of a student who didn't want to take a seminar. This student was an instructor student. When Master Chan heard about this he was upset that the student didn't want to take the seminar and it showed on his face when he saw the student so the student finally, after the seminar was over, gave Master Chan the full amount of the seminar and Master Chan took it and told the student he was good. So give me a break with all your talk of tradition, it's a business. Do I agree with the tone of Jut Sow's comments, no, but he has a right to make them.

Big Mantis, you know I've personally heard Master Chan blast other Masters or teachers saying that they were bs. You guys talk about respect well that starts at the top. Also you talk about being civil on another tread then why talk to someone about watching their backs after making a statement on the web. Is this how students should behave?

I cherish the days I had at Wah Lum but Master Chan is just a man, no different than any other master of a trade. If you guys want to raise him up so high then that's your choice. I personally would recommend anyone there to take off after completing 8th level material. It's good stuff without a doubt but there's a whole world out there available now which fills the void that Wah Lum doesn't offer.

Peace.

Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East
    By Baird T. Spalding

jutsow Guest
    i'm sorry, i couldn't understand what you were saying, what with that "pickle" in your mouth.

NorthernMantis Guest

wolivery

I'm sure Sifu Mimi wasn't fluanting and didn't meant to show disrespect to none.She didn't even know poeple got mad about that till later.Do you seriously think she said that with the intent of insulting some one?.I bet if she knew that some pople were going to get offended to she wouldn't have made that stamement at all and that's just what it is-- a statement.Why would she do such a thing?Didn't you ask yourself that?You make it look like she has no respect for her seniors.Do you even know her that well to start saying such a thing?No, you do not know her that well and she probably doesn't know that you exist.You're the one who needs to go back and reread what was said before you paraphrase it because there wasn't a bad intent at all.Getting angry over nothing and something that doesn't concern you since you are not in wah lum.

Did I get angry because I knew I was not going to learn it?No.I worked my butt off too,maybe not as intense as our seniors but I did feel agreat deal of pain,since I have asthma and I'm very limited when it comes to exercising.

"Always be ready"

woliveri Guest

Come on now NM, give me a break

1. Mimi is an adult, no?
    2. She is the daughter of Traditional Chinese Master who is very traditional according to you and being so I expect would have been taught not to do such a thing.
    3. This is common social behaviour when in a group who all want to learn and you learn something special that the others cannot learn to keep it to yourself to avoid hurting the other's feelings.

Perhaps she was so exicited about being interviewed that she just blubbered out things without thinking but I also remind you of the center piece of your alter "For Gee", Control.

Do I think she did it intentionally, probably not. I don't think she is a cruel person but she needs to be more sensitive in the future of people's feelings. I know some folks really love Wah Lum and want to succeed to their fullest. We all love Kung Fu or wouldn't be here and love the idea of temple training like Kwai Chang Caine. If a person doesn't have the physical ability to do kung fu to that level then that's an act of nature that can't be changed but when another human stops you from being your best when you can then that's a different story and it hurts. I think it would be called discrimination in the corporate world.

I'm hopeful that the future holds good things for Mimi but the only way to get is to give and so let these forms out. The bad personalities will take care of themselves. Bring up the dedicated brothers and sisters of Wah Lum. Allow them to taste the good stuff as well. We all love Kung Fu.

If Mimi is aware of her seniors getting upset about this then I'm sure she learned a lesson and won't repeat it if she wants to do well in the business of Kung Fu.

By Baird T. Spalding

woliveri Guest

Asthma

by the way NM, I have a very good friend in Sunrise who is a doctor of Chinese Medicine and a practioner of Wuji Chi gung. He taught me this exercise. If your open to it I can give you his contact information. I'm certain he won't charge you as he's never charged me or anyone I know to learn it. I'm sure he can advise you regarding your condition and tell you if Wuji can help. I believe it can.

please e-mail me if your interested.

By Baird T. Spalding

NorthernMantis Guest
    Well at least we both agree that it probably wasn't intentional.I guess it's all right though.

Yeah that's something hard to remember.Foa Ge..that has to be the most dificult part to maintain.Something that even I can't control.

Heh,pretty funny though I go around talking about respect when I'm not the one showing it.being a hypocrite is a part of human nature I guess.

Anyway wolivery I just wanted you to understand that whatever was said was not meant to do harm or offend anyone in any type of manner.

Thanks for offering to help me out with my asthma.Very few people actually offer to help someone out after arguing with them.

"Always be ready"

woliveri Guest
    There are 2 kinds of arguments. One that is full of emotion and has no mind and the second where one party tries to get the other party to see his or her point of view. While it may sound like I'm in the first category I assure you I'm in the second. Trust me, you haven't brused me at all. In fact, you're one of the few who give a lively argument and I enjoyed it. Never back down from a position that you believe in but always be flexible and open enough to see the other person's point of view. As you can see we've agreed more than once and I've remembered things that tempered my argument from what you've said.
    Hopefully we all learn from this which is the purpose of the forum I think.

By Baird T. Spalding

Papieboni Guest

Sopmething useful for every student, teacher and so one

There is a very good book out right now by Sifu/Master Adam Hsu it is called the "Polishers Sword" or something like that. I recommend it to all to read.

In this book Sifu Hsu gives his views and opinions from his experience on many many many things. Learning numerous styles, choosing a teacher, students and styles, attitudes of martial artists, forms, fighting, weapons, history and a lot of other knowledge that would every beneficial.

" Moss Never Grows on a Rolling Stone"