Thread: Meihua lu

Meihua lu

I am looking for any video and especially books on Meihua lu (road). It is a taichi mantis form. Thanks all
    Self Proclaimed Grandmaster of Idiot Style

Mike,
    Meihua Lu is also found in Seven Star Praying Mantis. I have translated the captions to Wan Hon Fun's book on this form and posted them at the Mantis Quarterly forum. You can find the translations at page 4 there.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 01-14-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Smile

I appreciate the help, however, I a looking in the taichi meihua style under the lineage of Sun De Yao. I learned the Mei Hua Lu form from him and am looking for info to cross refrence to assure that I keep my techniques pure as to what I was taught as I mat never be able to train with him again.

Master Sun makes regular returns to the Akron Area.
    I Have this form as well but as long as he is around he should teach it.
    He is great to train with, one of the best sense of humor in a master.
    I miss him as well.
    I will post when he does another seminar.
    or you could keep your eyes ont the wutangcenter.com website.
    My Master posts Master Sun's visits there.

Thank You. I agree wholeheartedly. Master Sun is the only person to turn to.
    I actually learned the form from him last summer at a seminar in Orlando. I assume that he will be there again this year. I want to keep training so that I can spend more time critiquing than re-learning should I get this oppertunity again. I got a VCD from plumpub but the form was a little off, not in english and the demonstration was poor.

Hi Mike,

I met Sun De Yao last year in Atlanta. He was working on a 3 year program to teach the complete Taiji Mei Hua Praying Mantis system.

A friend of mine, who is a Chiropractor there, is currently studying with him and says that master Sun delivers what he says and then some.

Dr. George Lisjak

"Some things are worth a warrior's efforts and some are not. Up to now, we have forgotten our future goals for present gold. We marched for the Romans. We must now march for ourselves."~ Attila the Hun