Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JKD VS Wing Chun

Bessho Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rolling_Hand:
    As a JKD practioner, how do you deal with the powerful Wing Chun punches?[/quote]

Talking! Bore him with silly talk. First with Zen offerings, then Concepts and Nucleus. As he slips into unconsiousness, go for KO by talking about style and no style... That'll get him.

Just beware of a true WC dude[ette]. [S]He would kick your butt WITH style :p

Rolling_Hand Guest
    Your actions may not be wise, but this isn't time to be heavy-handed. Do what needs to be done. The rest will follow.

Vankuen Guest

Well.....

what can I say to that? Were dealing with a genius here fellas!

"From one thing know ten thousand" - Miyomato Musashi, Book of five rings

Cyborg Guest
    VanKuen: you're right, let us bow in unison to his amazing Lung Flu! :p

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee

Rolling_Hand Guest

Van Kuen dealing with a genius...

To some extent that's true. You also have more support than you know. - RH

Cyborg,
    --let us bow in unison...

You have a sense of inferiority!!! Don't worry, I have confidence in you. Though progress will be slow, everyone should be reading from the same page. - RH

Bessho Guest

me?

you guy's are probably referring to me ...? i responded in jest cos i was talked to deth by jkd person. finally frustrated, i left when he started yapping about trapping hands. :confused: :mad: :confused:

Rolling_Hand Guest

Bessho

haha...haha...

Be picky about where to invest your energies!!!

Cyborg Guest

Bessho

No, I wasn't referring to you. I was mocking Trolling Hands pathetic posts. He's just a troll, note he never gives a real answer, just a cryptic response about how YOU'RE answer was wrong. (I mean, it had to be! After all, you disagreed with him. :rolleyes: )

It's too bad you're in Canada Trolling Hand. But it's good for you, you're safe from me there! :mad:

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee

Rolling_Hand Guest

Cybory

What did I tell you?
    Thanks to me, you're alive!!

I once happened to came in a street fight and I practiced wing chun at that time. I got hit and it didn't hurt. The same time I knew my wing chun punches wouldnt do any harm if that punch that hit me didn't hurt. That's why I dont like wing chun punches and stance. On the street you won't stand in such an unnatural way and you wont punch in a wing chun way. That's way to held in. With boxing or jeet kune do you can really put all your power in and be less limited..for as far in my view. So I'm sure there are others who can use it on the street, but for me it's definetly not..

Jesus "El Savior" Christ, it must have taken either a Chrismahanakwanzaka miracle or an extremely depraved form of necromancy to bring this thread to the top.

BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Thumbs up

this debates reminds me of a saying its not how big it is its how you use it. same with ne system of self defense

hi everyone this is my first post and i'd like to say that im a intimidated by the vast amount of combined knowledge on this forum and within it's users and i hope to bring a bit of my own to help someone els someday.

With that aside I found that viper seems to have summed up the basis for all confontation. Being a primarily self taught jkd/mma hopefull i think that falling into a favorite technique is a very dangoures thing to do. i've been there trust me
    if you trap to much your bound to get rushed and grappled or some good long range kicks preced by fients might get through.

just my 2 cent

i started training jkd in michigan in 1995 with my brother and found a great jkd school in 1997 i loved the wing chun and the submition wrestling i moved to florida in 2000 and sence then i stuck with a great wing chun school that does ground and standup fighting and i found my home here ....i give thanks to my old jkd school and friends back in michigan but for me wing chun is the what i needed in my martial arts journey and still train daily

AS the human torch would say FLame ON

For some strange reason jkd people tend to have a distorted view of wing chun
    1-For example I had a friend who took jkd for awhile an he was surprised when I told him we hit mitts and heavy bags as part of our training.
    Meaning that as usual his jkd teacher probably gave him the bruce lee anti wing chun spiel that I have heard from several different jkd people-

Also alot of the wing chun "stuff" that is shown in magazines and hyped up like chain punches and trapping are taken way out of context and portrayed like they are the heart of wing chun, but for all the wing chun people I meet from different schools branches etc, nobody ever talks about chain punches and trapping.
    [i]Originally posted by [Censored]

And I would never ever train at any cult school with a "wall of shame".