Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Shaolin-Do Thread??!?!?!

Another Shaolin-Do Thread??!?!?!

Just one simple question....was the dog-man for real?

Is that really what he looked like???!?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Alright, Shaolin Do 2.

Or should we call it Shaolin Dos?

Here goes another can of hairy worms.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Obviously, he was real and that's what he looked like. It's a photograph and not a painting.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Yes, MK, but is the dog-man in the photo the Grandmaster of Shaolin?

I suppose Su Kong Tai Djin is as real as the "Green Grass Monk." He is a part of our marital history that is 100% unprovable. No other record of him outside of SD has been discovered, but what does that mean? That no record exists.

If he did exist, he was dead by the time that Sin The was born. So even GM The' doesnt' know for sure. If GM The's teacher told him the hairy man was real, then why would he not believe his teacher?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter much to me. If he was real then great. If he wasn't real, then I know that Sin The is real. I know that my teachers are real. I know I can use the material that I've been taught. It keeps me in shape, it's challenging, and I can fight with it. That's real enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF

I usually avoid ad hominem attacks, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that a lack of modesty and respect in you reveals you'll never amount to anything in the martial arts... or anything else.

Mend your ways, or end up just another person that got nowhere in life.

Since this topic worthless I would like to point out

International Talk Like A Pirate Day!

MK: Because photos can't be faked?

JP: Thanks for that. That is more along the lines of the answer I was looking for.

SL: What's the matter? You've never seen something so unusual it gives you a WTF??? moment?? That's what the photo did for me. And, I like the internet tough-guy pose. You gonna challenge me to cross the country to fight you too? Come-on now. A forum is a public place for people to share and discuss. You gonna attack everyone who questions something about a style? Or are you a Shaolin-Do guy (which I have nothing against...I mean I like the Judge Pen guy. He's cool.) who got mad cause I dissed the si-jo?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlin
    I usually avoid ad hominem attacks, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that a lack of modesty and respect in you reveals you'll never amount to anything in the martial arts... or anything else.

Personally, I don't think he was speaking with disrespect, that is merely one way of asking a question, and there's never anything wrong with asking questions, especially here, you have some people who know what they're talking about like Judge Pen. You have to ask wether the disrespect was in the wording or the way you read it. Of course the lack of disrespect I see could also be in the way I read it, but perhaps that's because that's the same way I speak.

To tell a man he won't ever amount to anything is a bit harsh, especially for an internet forum. I personally am a Shaolin Do student and I love it, and Grandmaster, I've met him several times and eaten dinner with him twice, he's a great person, a great martial artist and one of the most geniune people that I've ever met. But not everyone sees that and they're entitled to their opinions.

To tell him to mend his ways seems rather arrogant, you seem to be assuming that your way is by definition the correct way not only for you but for everyone. But frankly the way you worded your response makes you sound like a troll. So now I officially add this to my signature and perhaps next time I will take my own advice. Have a good day
    - Max

==================================================

Enjoy everything, you might as well...

The best thing about Shao-lin is that it very quickly shows you exactly how weak you are.

What would you expect someone described as a dog faced to look like? I wonder if the monks would've made him shave his head when he was in the temple

Didnt you shave your head if you intended to be a monk of the faith ?? KC

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlin

Well said. I wasn't going to feed the troll by responding, then I read your post.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Ah, we're all getting troll slappy I tell ya. We're seeing 'em behind every post in every thread.

We rant and rave at 'em see?

Then some dame comes along, a classy dame, with pins that'll make you forget to wind your watch.

Next thing you know you're up to your beer hole in trouble.

Oops, sorry. I got sidetracked into the 50's. What were we talking about?

Oh yeah, NOBODY EXPECTS THE TROLL INQUISITION!

Quickly, bring the comfy chair.

Forget the comfy chair....use the fluffy pillow...
    ------
    Jason

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    that picture has appeared in Guiness' Book of World Records, as the dog-faced boy. Not a similar one, but that exact pic, same suit. Nothing was ever mentioned about him being involved in Martial Arts, or a Temple, or anything close. One would assume that something as unique as that would come up.
    Frankly, I'm confused.

I've heard that but haven't seen both pics so if anyone can scan that copy of Guiness Book of World Records for a comparison it would be great.

I think last time we went around with this there were some pics posted but they were not exactly the same.