Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn: fu jow regarding Siu Mui Fah video post

Blog Entries

Attn: fu jow regarding Siu Mui Fah video post

Quote Originally Posted by fu jow
    http://www.youtube.com/?v=xcJNM4QBr1o

i was at the dog park yesterday, and my friend had a digital camera that can do video, so he filmed me doing part of our siu mui fa. ive never put myself out there like this, im still kind of a beginner, but i had fun doing it.
    Nice job. It looks pretty good for a "beginner." The one thing I would recommend is that you go a little lower in your Chan Fu and Sou Geuk. The hands look pretty good. Remember to keep your fingers together and your thumb tucked in, that way you run less of injury if you apply this stuff in real life.

FP

Looks nice...like the sleeves.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Blog Entries
    is that guy from san francisco?

the background looks like an area of SF. if any of you have ever watched Full House with the little olson twins and uncle jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    is that guy from san francisco?

the background looks like an area of SF. if any of you have ever watched Full House with the little olson twins and uncle jesse.
    mmmm...those Olsen twins have grown up lovely!!!
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

pretty good. on that page there is a link to a CLF spear form too ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaFxbCHdVXY )

also thought of Full House when I saw those houses in the back. Looks like a pretty cool area too.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

its sup sam chuerng
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

yep i know that

looked at the siu moi fah video again, fu jow, its really pretty good. which school are you from?
    得 心 應 手

Blog Entries
    thats a cool link eddie,

i saw a few of us on there meaning sifu troy dunwood and his student doing the stick spar, sifu gus kaparos doing the fan form. the full house guy.,.....

cool stuff

Blog Entries
    if he's in sf then he's a tat mau wong guy.

full house

exactly. i started taking my dog there recently and only just noticed the victorians in a row and then the trans am building behind it. a pretty famous view. and yes, im a tat mau wong guy. i started taking classes at his sf school, this april will be 2 years. when i think about all the years the people on this forum have been doing kung fu, i feel like a drop in the bucket, but its pretty much taken over my life since i started. and i appreciate the feedback, thanks you guys.

Blog Entries
    nice job! you may want to emphasize the waist twists a little more for sow and biu - but i realize that that may slow down the form, so for performance, I can understand making those waist twists a little smaller to make it go faster.
    that's really super darn good for only two years of training! are you learning sil lum gwun now?

Last edited by yutyeesam; 02-26-2006 at 01:47 AM.
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

shaolin staff!

thank you so much for saying that. i actually learned that staff form recently, now im learning tuet gin kuen. working on the first half anyway. its one of my favorite hand forms. its hard with all the spinning, but so beautiful to watch.

Tit jin is what we use for san da training. That form is realy practical, very cool. not that nice to perform tho, the turns could make you dizzie but a very very epxlosive and practical form
    得 心 應 手

Wow, the LKH Sui Mui Fah is completely different from ours. Same in the name only.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    to have different sets completely but maintain the same name is very commonplace within almost all schools due to individual influence and such.

Like the Cheh Kuen, i'm sure mine is alot different than most everyone outside of the fut san hung sing kwoon. even within it there are variations of the same set.
    different people tend to put an emphasis on certain aspects and focus on that, therefore putting a different face on the set.

I think what matters is that there should be something identifiable within the set that makes it Siu Mui Fa, or che kuen, etc.

Sup JI Kau Da is different in almost everyshool as well. but there is the sup gee part of the set that all schools have the same patterns (lay out of the section) but sometimes different hands, but to the eye you would say that looks like sup gee kau da but just a little different.