Thread: The protein formula

The protein formula

I remember reading somewhere that the human body can only metabolize so many grams of protein per hour, which is one of the many reasons why it's better to spread your protein consumption throughout the day. I also believe that the additional protein is either converted to waste, or stored as fat. I actually believe I read it in this forum. Does anyone know/remember how many grams it was? Also, does anyone know what happens with the excess? Thanks.
    I don't have a girlfriend, I just know a girl that would be really mad if she heard me say that.

22 grams in two hours, if I am not mistaken. and the extra is poo'd out. It's easier for your body to get rid of it that way; protien needs to be broken down in order for your body to store it as fat. The body usually will not "make the effort", so to speak, though any unsued fat that came in with it will be stored as fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

some people think that this is not true. That alot more than 22 grams can be processed.