Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Whip Chain!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by humbleman
    Pardon me for jumping in, but I just purchased a short (four foot?) chain whip and logged on looking for info on how to use the danged thing and got sent here. Fortuitous!!!

If it is a 7 link one...my advise would be very cafrefully grasshopper, very carefully....
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

The link is invalid. Use only the link that was generated by YouSendIt and mailed to the recipient.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Chain whip is traditional...

...well it can be. It's all about the weight. A wushu whip is lightweight. A traditional whip is heavier. Some of the traditional whips are really heavy and quite exotic.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The whip that I have is almost 2lbs. Hurts like a mofo when you mess up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I like the heavier whips also, I can control them better than the lightweight. When I spin the lightweight whips it doesnt feel like I am holding anything, but heavy or light they hurt when you mess up.
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.

xingyi chain whip video

For anyone interested. Liu Fuquan "Zhao Family Xingyiquan" , ordering info from jarek@ChinaFromInside.com this is shipped directly from Shanghai