Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: skill of stone throwing of CLF

Hi taaighk,

CLF also train tuo-shi-shu with the wooden dummy. You mark up a wooden dummy and throw pebbles at the acupressure points, then mount the wooden dummy on a set of wheels and throw at the same points while the dummy is moving. Now you get to train with moving as well as fixed targets.

Glad you find it interesting, CLF is full of effective training techniques and they are all recorded in the kuen po like the ones you see on the webpage you have quoted.

Thanks for listening.

EJ

Blog Entries
    so, joseph,

pls explain the differences of stone throwing between choy lee fut and other styles.

how do you throw a stone choy lee fut style?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    so, joseph,

pls explain the differences of stone throwing between choy lee fut and other styles.

HSK,
    SO YOU DON'T HAVE STONE THROWING IN YOUR CLF? WHAT JEONG YIM (WHICH YOU THINK IS LONG JI CHOY) DIDN'T PASS ON THE SKILL? BUT LONG JI CHOY WAS KNOWN FOR HIS STONE THROWING SKILL RIGHT?.........

YOU LIKE THROWING STONES OUT OF A GLASS HOUSE?

so, joseph,

Hi Frank,

If you don't know the difference then you don't have the inner chamber transmission and there is no point in asking your Futsan Masters because they won't know either, but I am sure they will make something up and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph
    Hi Frank,

If you don't know the difference then you don't have the inner chamber transmission and there is no point in asking your Futsan Masters because they won't know either, but I am sure they will make something up and let you know.

Hi Joseph

How are you doing?

Since Frank asked in a polite manner, perhaps you could respond in kind. If you did not wish to answer his question is one thing, but the comment about his Futsan Masters is a bit childish. No offense intended.

Blog Entries
    Actually,

joseph is right. As far as i know Rock Throwing is not a part of Jeong Yim's repetoire. Possibly if his alias was Loong Gee Choy.

but Chan Heung was NOT the creator of rock throwing. He may have taught his pupils to do so, but again Chan Heung did not create the martial art of rock throwing.

cavemen have him down on that. they were chucking rocks at dinosaurs with precision for long time. look at david and goliath, oh wait was david a choy lee fut guy? LMAO.

but it is a well know fact that whatever Chan Heung taught it was to his direct line. Jeong Yim was the most trusted (even more than Loong Gee Choy) most fatihful disciple that chan heung had even according to our boy joseph here.

however, jeong yim's branch does not teach chan family sets. the sets they teach are of Jeong Yim's direct lineage. I can simply say that Chan Heung's people do not have what Jeong Yim teaches. And that could lead to a never ending battle.

So, to basically say this, sets that come from Chan Heung are those of the Chan King Mui Great Sage Hung branch. The sets that Jeong Hung Sing Taught were those of his own branch. So i don't expect to see Fut San Hung Sing sets practiced in the Chan Family branch.

In fact, it is very identifiable via the opening of the sets whether or not who is a fut san hung sing kwoon disciple and that of a Chan Family disciple. it is that distinct.

so when people like kennypoopinhispants, and Joseph speak out, i know they know nothing of our lineage. they see it from chan heung's side of the street.

if people were to stand in the middle of the block in the middle of the street and try to see things equally, choy lee fut would be a greater system today.

i did not start the CLF wars, i was just part of it.

Joseph is equally a loud mouth about the chan family as i am for the hung sing people.

the only problem is they won't let us tell our story as it was passed down within our family. it was passed down within their family and someone wrote it down. the same is for ours.

Instead of who is right, We should Unite!

It should be like Tell me about chan Heung, oh thats great, now turn to a hung sing disciple and ask ...tell me about Jeong Yim, then do the exact same for Tam Sam. that way they all get the glory.

it will happen.

peace.

Hi Ironsilk,

I am well, I just don'tlike the idea of giving Frank a straight answer when he is so "you know what", so I just behaved in kind.

Please note the different smilies I put up to show it was meant to be funny. I am sorry you didn't get the joke.

It's OK with me,writing is not the best form of communication at best of times.

EJ

Blog Entries
    thats funny though.

Joseph, how hard is it to throw a rock and hit someone with it?

if people can dodge bullets when a crazy gunmen is shooting at him then how hard would it be to dodge a rock?

what happens if when you throw the rock and the guy gets out of the way, picks up his own rock and knocks out your eye with something he never practiced before?

so joseph please do not make "Throwing Rocks" out to be some hard earned skill. Its so simple that i could have told you yes, there are secret rock throwing techniques in my lineage, and just throw a bunch of rocks at you with choy lee fut flavor and pass it off.

so whats the big deal?

are you saying there are no other rock throwing teachers out there?

hsk

Blog Entries
    oh wait, thats right, you would be throwing rocks at a solid piece of wood.

makes sense.

Sorry to have butted in

Actually Joseph I did see your smiley faces.

But I do see throwing rocks as a skill that can be refined to a mastery level that isn't just throwing to hit someone anywhere.

Sorry to have a interuptted you guys...carry on.

Blog Entries
    Iron silk,

i agree, using your environment as a weapon is a great way to protect yourself. you can also learn to do the same thing with throwing stars. it does take some precision to even hit a stationary target though. i give that.

but joseph is wrong for assuming that throwing rocks was created by chan heung. in all actuality, Lau Bun used to carry throwing darts in his pockets, and Jew Leong used to carry throwing coins.

so i'm sure that throwing coins are not far off from throwing stones.

so although we do teach lau bun's method of throwing coins, its not something that is readily taught. mainly for whom my sifu deems fit for it.

practicing to throw something is great. but it may not always be effective against a fast moving person.

hsk

well...the art of how to throw something can't be something knew even in Chan Hueng's time. But it doesn't mean he didn't practice it on his own and develop his own technique and training method. So it is his way of doing therefore created by him in this very specific sense.

This doesn't mean he's the only one that created it or that others could not have thought of the same method independent of each other.

It would only be wrong if claimed he was the only one to do it ever in his time and anyone after must be because of him...then that is definitely wrong.

Otherwise kung fu is kung fu...there was many systems before CLF...CLF is relatively new...but it's specific way is unique to them.

Blog Entries
    i totally agree.

i totally agree.

That is really cool. Not sure this has happen before. This is a special moment or something.

thx

Blog Entries
    see, i'm not such a bad guy.