Thread: please fix my leg...

please fix my leg...

it appears this is the spot to post ailments and hope for free diagnosis...

so...

i was turning a cart wheel and i pulled something in my left leg. it goes, from the back of my knee, all the way (following my inner thigh) to the top of my leg. sure, happens a lot and it heals. only this has been over two years ago and it still has gotten NO better. i've tried ointments and heat and over the counter meds. and i even tried not using it past the point of hurt. i left it alone for several months to heal and... nothing. the only thing i haven't done is see a doctor. i just haven't. so, if anyone can help with information or remedies or anything, please do...
    "...it is a lovely language, but it takes a long time to say aything in it...
    ...we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and listen to..."

Given everything you have tried, why not see a sports medicine doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Maybe you need to stretch and drink more water??

strike!

I can only tell you what has worked for me.

In almost every situation where I've had a mysterious, nagging aches or pain, the fix was almost always these three things. Rest, Resistance training and Stretching.

Rest: pretty much self explanatory. Give your body some time.

Resistance training: I love to do squats. You can do them with or with out weight. You can hold some dumbbells or a medicine ball, whatever. I would go light with high reps and work your way up to higher weight. Another thing I do for my legs is splits. I stretch down as far as I can using my hands to support myself. Once I get to my lowest point I hold my hands straight out at my sides using only my legs to support me. The idea is to build strength in the muscle when it's stretched. Another one that might help you is lateral flys. Lay down on your back with a stack of pillows behind your head. hold your legs straight up in ther air at a 90° angle. Spread your legs, keeping them straight and bring your feet down to either side are far as you can. Then go back up. Once you can 100 of these in one set, add some light weight.

Stretching: pretty much self explanatory.

Also, don't rule out going to a doctor. Doing the above may make your injury worse. But keep in mind, if there isn't a surgical solution the doctor will probably prescribe rest and some PT.

Oh and the first time I ever went to a discussion board with and injury condition, the advice I got was to "cut it off". So there is always that option.

Good luck.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

thanks much for the advice...

i have done the stretching. i have been aiming to do more resistance training but i'm a bit afraid of making it worse. i am one of these people who are incapable of not giving 100% in a workout. i push it too hard. i don't know why i do it. but when i look down, and my splits are pathetic, i can't stand it. and then i go too far. i know what i was before and it is incredibly frustrating to be set back this far.
    i have definitely relaxed it. about going to the doc... i just don't like to. they seem to just try and see how many tests they can run and how much they can run up your bill. also, i'm small town and i don't know of a good one. anyone know of a good one in central ky or north central tn?

thanks again...
    "...it is a lovely language, but it takes a long time to say aything in it...
    ...we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and listen to..."

It is just a matter of streatching! do it slowly! and fid out if it works! I have that kin of case before i what i did is streatching!

Get a massage by a swedish practitioner. Or prefferably, go see an acupuncturist that knows TCM and can administer Tui Na. That should solve your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.