Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Kung Fu Studios

I train at Sifu Gregg Zilb's on Hawkins Ave. in Ronkonkoma. It's very hard core training, and it's not just wushu. We learn a lot of self defense and fighting techniques. Sparring every Friday night as well. There is also a demo and lion dance team.

You can send me a PM if you need more information.
    Last edited by ZhuiQuan; 04-19-2006 at 06:26 PM.

I study in the ronkonkoma studio, I can tell you that it is not a joke. It is a compete system and sifu gregg is legitimate, he has vast knowlege of the art and also shows the pratical applications. He is probably one of the best instructors i have had the privilege of training with and i have studied with some of the best in my 20+ years of traning. I cant speak for the other branches, but im sure they are very good, all of greggs instructors are excellent, If any one has any questions, you are welcome to come down, he is there every day.

i agree

sifu greg loves vistors expesaly people who talk **** about there kung fu ability,as well as there fighting ability

fight

dident you fight one of sifu gregs guys craytons tornament

any one who has mixed it up withsifu gregs students no that they can fight and the fighting ability is no joke

Quote Originally Posted by ingchao
    If you want WuShu Shaolin Kung Fu is OK

But if you want Kung Fu that is as close as anyone today is gonna get to old school
    straight outta China then (insert commercial here )
    try out
    Green Cloud Kung Fu

http://www.greencloud.net

P.s If u are a troll you will be sorry! you have been warned!!!!!!!!!
    Where do you get off saying that Shaolin kung fu studios is wushu. I train at that school and we fight all the time. Any time you want to test my skill we'll just set a time and place. I have no problem with that. Just say the word.
    Last edited by famenchuan; 04-21-2006 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by famenchuan
    Where do you get off saying that Shaolin kung fu studios is wushu. I train at that school and we fight all the time. Any time you want to test my skill we'll just set a time and place. I have no problem with that. Just say the word.

I think he fought one og gregs guys a george craytons tornament and he got his a** kicked

Oh boy...

Quote Originally Posted by greencloudtj
    rich were do you train
    I train with Shi Yan Ming.

very cool

very cool how has your experience bin at the temple??

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I don't know how that ad for my school got there, we don't usually advertize, as we are more of a private school.(hmmm, I probably filled out some form online or something) In any event, Gregg-Shrfu is an excellent instructor as is Sifu Mike at Ling Nam Siu Lum, and you will do fine in either of those schools.

whats up sifu

whats up sifu rick,I do agree they are both hard core kung fu sifus and very well ronded sifus

Bouncing around

Hello gentlemen, how is everybody. First off let me start by saying all the Sifu's that were mentioned are the real deal and are all very good. Different strokes for different folks. Each one of these schools have training that apeal to different people.

It's all a matter of preference, Students choose to train in the environment that they enjoy. The fact is there will always be varying opinions on what kwoon is better, base on peoples preference.

I don't know where this thread is headed but we should maintane a respectful attitude towards one another. The reason for is is that there are only a hand full of Kwoons in the Long Island area and we all need to stick together. Kung Fu is just a pea in a sea of none kung fu school.

As far as I'm concerned from a sifu's perspective we have all had our diferences but as Sifu's we always work things out and looking towards the future. As kung fu students you should also mantaine a friendly raport and always set a good example.

The nonsense about we are wu shu or we are a fighting school and that guy got beat up at a tournament, these discussions are counter productive. Quite frankly at first glance at this thread my first reaction was wow how petty and catty. Lets leave gossip to the girls.

If you want to talk about George Crayton's tourney well I was dissapointed that more schools didn't show up. The first kung fu tourney on long island in years and the attendance was horible. Sifu's showed up but with no students, where is the support?? That's why the comercial schools will always throw better karate tourney because they are better at net working.

If we could all put our petty differences aside and work on promoting kung fu together than maybe the industry won't be 30 years behind the karate industry.

greencloud.net

Quote Originally Posted by t.j
    I think he fought one og gregs guys a george craytons tornament and he got his a** kicked

TJ this is what I'm talking about you weren't at the Crayton tourney so how would you know that. Read the thread the guy was just pluging green cloud and he never said that gregs guys don't fight.

Famenchuan, chill out no one from my school fights anyone without the expressed permission from me and I'm sure sifu Zilb feels the same way. Don't make me call your sifu

greencloud.net
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 04-25-2006 at 05:28 PM.