Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Kung Fu Studios

Hi jean, actualy I didn't know that. I just know him through some people that train at the shaolin temple in Vegas. From what I know he is a multi milionare and made his money in the medical industry. He does this as a hobby and funds the temple in vegas, I don't think he has any dealings with United studios.

FaMenChaun:

I apologize if I offended you or your school. Like Sifu Gus said, I was just plugging Green Cloud.
    I did not realize describing a school as Wushu was the equivalent of a racist remark. Your style is very athletic in its' execution of forms and I made a mistake in the way I described it.
    Green Cloud also correctly stated that I did not mention fighting. I have seen some of your people fight full contact years ago at sports plus and they were very good fighters. That night I also saw Sifu Moses fight and he destroyed his opponent!

Can we please put this to rest?

that sounds

thats a great idea im done with this stupid forum it's for all the #### talkers and i have a life unlike some people. and by the way all the smack talking gets right back to me so if someone has something to say you all have my phone number so dont be shy because like i said it all gets back to me and i dont need any more friends expesialy ones who talk crap about me and make up **** so peace to all and we all learn from our mistakes and ive learned from mine....so lets all keep focused on our kung fu traning

Quote Originally Posted by ingchao
    FaMenChaun:

I apologize if I offended you or your school. Like Sifu Gus said, I was just plugging Green Cloud.
    I did not realize describing a school as Wushu was the equivalent of a racist remark. Your style is very athletic in its' execution of forms and I made a mistake in the way I described it.
    Green Cloud also correctly stated that I did not mention fighting. I have seen some of your people fight full contact years ago at sports plus and they were very good fighters. That night I also saw Sifu Moses fight and he destroyed his opponent!

Can we please put this to rest?
    No problem man it is a dead issue. Good luck in your training.

I know I want to put this to rest, but I can't help it I'm at home witha bum leg and the wife isn't home and I have nothing better to do. But just for the record so you guy know that we are not to blame.

My personal experience with one of your guys is a child prodigy that came from Sifu Moses. I encouraged him to train at my school since he needed a place to work out. Well that boy did strait out Wu shu and he was fantastic I'm talking Jet lee material.

When my students asked me if he was one of my student's I shook my head and said nope he is one of Sifu Moses guys. Back in the day I also saw Sifu Moses in competition doing some Wu Shu, I got it on tape.

This isn't a diss I myself did nanchuan, we were kids it was fun and it was cool and it won tropheys. Later I discovered that Javan Holmes a great Wu Shu stylist that I know was actualy training Rory, none the less this kid had great respect for one of my friends and that is sifu Moses.

My students have also seen Sifu Zilb perform a drunken set that is a Wu Su set he is amazing at it but it's wu shu and there is nothing wrong with that. As far as Sifu Zilbs abilities I have much respect for them.

I love Wu Shu and I think it's cool, why you guys would take that as an insult I don't know. You have to understand we were going by what we saw. Not to say That we didn't see any traditional forms. I've seen some forms That are done by Shi Yang Ming wich are traditional that I believe are in your system. So Ingchao's statement was realy not an insult. He assumed that you guys did Wu Shu and Nothern Shaolin.

I hope this sheds some light on things. As far as who the best fighter is common you guys know it's me

Quote Originally Posted by t.j
    thats a great idea im done with this stupid forum it's for all the #### talkers and i have a life unlike some people. and by the way all the smack talking gets right back to me so if someone has something to say you all have my phone number so dont be shy because like i said it all gets back to me and i dont need any more friends expesialy ones who talk crap about me and make up **** so peace to all and we all learn from our mistakes and ive learned from mine....so lets all keep focused on our kung fu traning
    TJ i hope everything is alright you sound mad about something?? Don't worry about it, this is just a bublic forum with different opinions. You know what they say about opinions there like ase holees everyones got one. Peace

greencloud.net

Take it easy guys, if the real deal holyfields split only the chaff will be left.

I do seem to recall there was an instructor, I guess it must be Sifu Zilb from the sound of it, who learned or picked up some stuff from Shi Yan Ming, many years back.

I don't think that is a relationship that continued because I would know but that is interesting some stuff made it into the curriculum.

Man, I haven't been to Sportsplus since Halo came out, lol...

Doc's black belt is a rich vein of comedy.

united shaolin

Green Cloud: It's true. It's always important to know the backgrounds of feuds like russbo's with ussd. It fills in the context. richard sloan's comment nails it on the head.

t.j: Come on now. It's an online discussion forum of the martial arts. Were you expecting everyone to agree with you nicely, and if so, why? Only losers quit.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jean you know you are opening up a can of worms right?? Dr. Richard Russle was just another unknowing sucker at United studios of self defense. After visiting Shaolin it was only then he realized that everyone at United had beed lied to.

What they did was a sham, UNSS style didn't even come close to the shaoilin monks way of doing things. After Russbo had his Malcom X moment he then went back to United studios to inform them that they are a fraud.

United studios decided to start a smere campaine against Russbo. Russbo decided if people would listen to the truth, he would bring the truth to them. It took 3 years of hard work to get Visas for the monks and finaly brought them over. He built and funded the temple. This is a missunderstood man but a man of great integrity.

Reliable sources tell me that Richard Russle was very disturbed over the poverty and treatment of boys that are dropped off by their parents to learn Shaolin. The conditions were very hard. Most of these kids get to see there families maybe one a year.

This man has done a lot to counteract the harm that United studios and other organizations have done to these people. Hey what can I say don't shoot the messenger.

Last I herd The man lives in Thailand what a life hugh no to shabby.

greencloud.net

Richard is there any sparring ar SYM's temple?

well one thing is for sure- china is a transformative experience.

I give Dr. Russell a lot of props for his work and his efforts. And his humor, lol...

I will not soon forget my time at Shaolin. First of all, it was during the big shakeup- yet even though a lot of the kids did not have a "school" anymore, they would still form up and train- in rubble.

At the tail end of this trip Master De Yang had just located an abandoned school which he could take over. Yong Xin was really flexing, and there was just a lot of open questions and nobody knew what was really going to happen. We thought we were just going to the airport and taking a detour, but De Yang had other plans for us. After about a 45 minute drive we turned off the road we were on according to his direction. Shifu had been a little upset that Master De Yang was in the position he was in- and we did not have any opportunity to train with them. Well we turn off the road and what a sight. His students and disciples were lined up in the road for like a mile waiting for us, all hands clasped in front of their chests and full robes. They had hosed down the field to keep the dust down. You could see they had planted hundreds of flowers all around. And at the reception, they had simply set out a bottle of water for each of us. Shifu was nothing but waterworks and the whole thing was like we were watching the first five minutes of Bambi looped.

That and the screams from the little kids being stretched...not something you could forget easily...

It did not help USSDs marketing to have a monk's disciple- a real disciple- much less a monk like De Cheng, in their backyard...especially when the people being sent over on their behalf were not exactly...um....well I must be diplomatic.

I think a lot could be said without saying it.

Quick- fighting is not really a big concern for the majority of our students. There is some informal sparringamongst a few of us but much of the training is hardcore pad work which I actually like a lot better than sparring- you can do full power techs and not risk ruining your kung fu brothers or yourself. In my last couple of schools before I went to the temple I did a lot of sparring, but you never could really do full contact even when they say it is, and if you have a good partner working with you doing padwork you get the same benefits and you train full out full power. Light sparring I never found to be very beneficial personally, I just found it very frustrating.

I really like working pads and a lot of our fighting stuff I think really needs that kind of training for you to derive maximum benefits. Like Fototui. To really get that kick, well to just goof around and light to medium spar with it, it doesn't work and you wind up training a weak ***** version of it.

I actually think that in this respect training grappling skills have an easier time of it- it is easier to train grappling arts contact wise.

Richard please don't digress from the issues that are USSD. Just like the Indians sold Manhatted for some trinkets, I feel the Shaolin Monks were dooped by them.

Because Of USSD many traditionalist turned threir backs on the Monks due to the fact That USSD was involved with them. This truly hert Shaolins rep, and made it seem that they can be bought for any price. The whole embassador of Shaolin thing with Demasco was realy a joke and in the long run hurt Shaolin.

When it came to my organization we refused to have anything to do with the monks, nor did I feel like visiting The temple in China once USSD was involved. I know I was dissapointed that the monks would allow them selves to be plaid by these guys.

I just hope that more virtuous Kung Fu schools can alighn them selves with Shaolin and realy focus on the issues at hand in China, like the kids for one. Most of them never see their parents again and train for 20 years for what?? A few become cops and work for the military and for the rest it's just a hard life ahead.

That sucks when large franchises make big money off their blood sweat and tears. What sickens me is none of that money goes back to China.

greencloud.net
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 04-30-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Greencloud- trust me bredren I hear you loud and clear.

It is something that is just....well, it is upsetting to some of the monks.

You must realize that with Shi Yong Xins ascendency, some would even argue usurpation, of the Abbocy, many things are different now.

With the recent passing of Shi Su Xi, I fear even more will change. Even before his passing much was under a kind of assault. For example, many monks going through the san bao di zi again under Yong Xin...

As Shaw bros moviesque as it might sound there are sort of what you could call families within the temple, and not everyone is supportive of the things such as DeMasco and Mattera's whoring of the treasures which are of such value as to be indescribable.

I've mentioned that looking at some of the materials presented by them vexed Shi Yan Ming to the point where he wrote a book. What is perhaps most embarassing to me is they are my gong fu brothers, albeit well removed- they should at least endeavour to represent Shaolin to the best of their ability- even if it is a money ploy at least come correct. But don't fudge simple things that even a non disciple would know.

You are totally right, it casts Shaolin in a horrible light and it makes it look very hypocritical to hear about how the Temple is now issuing law suits to "protect" itself from infringements. You are aware of their trips to Shaolin, and their "testing" in front of the monks? What a crock- especially as it is presented to their own students, as if this is some kind of official endorsement and the belts are issued by the temple and it's monks.

Compounding the issue is the convergence of the Abbot, the PRC and the local gov, and the money being made by everyone angling to cash in. Money is what created the surrounding wushu schools- god man it is such a complicated issue it is really tough to see it with any kind of clarity even if you are in it- and even some of them are folk master run or monk established because for awhile there was a purge at Shaolin that drove out some of the traditional masters who held the gong fu transmission, if not also much of the Ch'an. Monks like De Yang, De Cheng, all have their own wushu guans.

Presently I am sure you are aware of the legal issues now surrounding Shaolin and usage of the name. In Vienna, my gong fu brother is involved in a legal dispute initiated by the temple in Henan. At the heart of the matter is what is "Shaolin."

Now this temple was founded by Shi Yan Ming- a Shaolin Monk. Shi Yong Xin also opened a school- same area through a German group.

Yong Xin's temple failed- the disciples he sent had no bones and withered.

With right speech, right conduct, and planting shaolin flowers, then certain things will prevail.

You speak as though you have some direct exposure to USSD.

also green cloud- the chinese are very crafty- you know this.

from one perspective it might look like Shaolin is being played, but perhaps one has to sadly wonder who is playing who when it comes to USSD and what is going on there. And also, many monks have little to no choice, and that is the really sad thing.

either way it sometimes makes me glad we are sort of doing our own thing. we still have connections to the temple where it counts, but we do not have to deal with any of the kinds of fuggery that USSD and "official" status would bring. Our capital campaign is in full swing, with over 160G raised. And we are spreading internationally as well, most recently to Trinidad.

I think Yan Ming would have an aneurism before he supported these clowns at USSD so I am glad that at least amongst certain circles they are like a pane of glass.

The poster tearing incident was about to get very interesting.

Did you see the book of secrets they were gifted and had "translated."

They may have used the Bo Peel Publishing House. After reading the web site I wanted to take a shower in gasoline.
    Last edited by richard sloan; 04-30-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Hello Rich hope all is well, I apreciate talking to some like your self since you are so well informed. Not like the rest of the big birds that like to stick their heads into the ground. As far as my dealings with United Studios is concerned, I trained some of their instructors who wanted to learn some kung fu.

I got to see first hand how under handed of an operation United Studios realy is. These people are scum and down right fradulent when it come to the Shaolin stuff. These guys are cunning buissnesmen and should not be under estimated ever.

They will seem very friendly at first and sincear about learning kung fu, but all they do is gather intel for their own use. With or without your permission they will eventualy steal what ever they can and use it in their studios.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with people teaching Kung Fu when they actualy get good at it and are authorized to teach it. As far as quality is concerned if it sells and makes money who cares about deceiving the public. When it came to the monks well I guess they used Money to take care of the problems.

In no way do I blame the monks for this they were just used the same way I was.

greencloud.net
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 05-01-2006 at 10:58 AM.