Quote Originally Posted by dwid
Yeah, I think it's really a side effect of Hayes' monster ego. Instead of reducing the therapy to its basic components and then maybe explaining it in terms of behaviorist theory, he had to tie it in to all this radical behaviorism stuff he had been developing over the years. To be fair, the guy is pretty much a genius, and a prolific researcher in clinical psych, but he's also a bit of a douchebag.
Wow, and all that time I was told he could walk on water. When I was dating her, she went to one of the ACT retreats and was telling me about some of their excercises etc. Gotta admit, it soulded a little weird to me.

CF, where did you get the quote on cymbalta? It doesn't sound like it was written by the AP. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think pharm companies are evil. I think medicines are over used in situations, but the good thats come from medicines far out-weigh the bad.

And, back OT, I'm sure we could give all the demon see'ers a little pill to make the bifurcated tails go away.