Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate this Woman's Wing Chun!

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun
    The "over emphasis" on the turning is something I have seen often from many of the Leung Ting offshoots..

I would guess she is of that lineage.
    Here her teacher:

www.sifu-wagner.de

What the hell might as well look at some other stuff she is doing...

Maybe we can get her to come on the board and comment on the moves..

First off I have no idea what the starting pose is except for the obvious Chum Kiu stance, which I admit does highlight her curves well....

For the guard she's got two pointy fingers up and not really on the line--okay, must be a cultural thing--like "talk to my fingers" or something..

Then she goes for the hand or forearm chase when she could have just hit the guy.. I question the need for this but it does serve to demo bi-directional energy and gives her a bridge to play with.. And then the hand replacement..

The second hit, the palm strike, because of her distance being off turns into, as we used to call it in the hood--a "moosh", which was probably due to her stepping on the guy's foot instead of closing more and stepping in and under his base.

Finally the finish--again good lines..

But I would have suggested the groin as a better target than the gut--and had her finish with a leg attack/takedown--perhaps a kwai sat and a few elbows dropped for good measure.

Fun to watch though, which is a lot more than I can say for most of the "WCK" clips out there..
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-11-2006 at 12:59 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

http://www.wingchun.co.nz/ladies_videos.html

Some more ladies wing chun to rate.

^but they're not cute

oh well, let's see. the first video, i can't see why the last move would send the guy flying away. had she pushed him away using the armbar she already had, it would have made sense. Also about 3 seconds into the clip, is the guy trying to punch her or the invisible man standing to her right? I'll comment more later. Bedtime
    Last edited by Eliver; 05-16-2006 at 01:46 AM.

More ladies to judge. Some of the second lot are a bit heavy set and dangerous-looking, but otherwise this whole demo is pretty much showing how close wc is to no-touch chi KOs.

Same old same old.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    ............but otherwise this whole demo is pretty much showing how close wc is to no-touch chi KOs.
    The second chap is Sifu Henning Daverne. He is a Danish sifu and one of the main driving forces behind the full contact WT fight clubs in Denmark.

Take the p1ss if you like mate, but these boys are quite used to a tear up and as always, it's dead easy to sit at the keyboard and deliver virtual expertise on the strength of a couple of minutes of grainy film.

Happy training.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomasWTUK
    Take the p1ss if you like mate
    Thanks mate, I will!
    but these boys are quite used to a tear up and as always
    So what? Me too.
    it's dead easy to sit at the keyboard and deliver virtual expertise
    Where's the 'virtual expertise' in my comment?

In no way was I commenting on their abilities. The demo was sh!t tho. Typical run at sifu and fall over bollocks that gets a gasp and applause from a gullible crowd.

IMO most people in MA and in particular WC, need to lighten the **** up. I literally take the **** out of everyone, and that's what I'm like person to person too. Does that mean I have no respect? I don't care! I get people laughing and maybe even questioning something of what they're doing and the preconceptions they hold.

If I put up a vid, I would expect nothing less in return, and would even offer it myself... if I put up a vid of people falling over at a light lap sau, or a light foot sweep from a chair, I would expect people to be laughing at me too.

Happy training.
    Thanks Tom, you too mate.

relax tomaswtuk

Mat is right, the demo is not good when you look at it from an experienced WT point of view.
    The point of these kinds of demos are not to illustrate WT for us anyway but to promote it to a broader audience. And if you where to really show how a fight would look like, the spectaters wouldnt see what was going on, or if they did see it wouldnt understand what was happening anyway.
    So you make a compromise, big deal

As for sifu davernes abilities, well he sure can toss me around at will so..

enjoy the nice weather out there, go practice and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by jesper
    The point of these kinds of demos are not to illustrate WT for us anyway but to promote it to a broader audience.
    OK OK OK it's cool

It is just that you read the board and it just amazes me how topics lurch off course and seem to jump tracks on to the same old rehetorical bashing. Most times, I can't be bothered to get into it but every now and then......well......just exercising my right to free speech too

If I remember rightly, the topic under discussion was Ms Wagner, not Messrs Daverne and Reimers.

@ Mat - No-one made any comments as to your abilities, I am quite sure you can handle yourself.....so cool. However, since you brought Sifus Reimers and Daverne into this, I was simply pointing out that if you were judging them on the strength of the demo, then you have done them a diservice.

You say that you are not judging their abilities from the demo so again...cool.

Laters,

Tom

I don't know of any other sport where pros and top amateurs diss demonstrations and call the broader fan base and hobbyists 'pussies'.

Can you imagine a top tennis player making fun of all the people who play tennis for a fun workout? Or a pro basketball player ridiculing somone showing off trickshots that would 'never work in a real game'.

The few good fighters I have the honor of knowing never talk like that, why is it so common on the net?

Another Hot WT Chick

Yet another Hot WT Chick:

http://media.putfile.com/mentoswingtsun

I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

she has the BEST WING CHUN!!!

http://www.break.com/index/womenface.html

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    I think this lady represents Wing Chun much better than guy in the "Rate this guys Wing Chun" thread. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35k2...earch=wingchun
    Out of 10.... Id giver one

sorry had to say it

Too slow

I agree she's got some good torque, but she's not using it. It's actually slowing her down. She's got potential, but someone stronger than her could definitely overpower her.

She's got style; she's got grace, but her hips are out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I think this lady represents Wing Chun much better than guy in the "Rate this guys Wing Chun" thread. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35k2...earch=wingchun
    That's a joke, right?