Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wooden dummies that hit back!

Blog Entries
    the longer you try to down play Jeong Yim.....

the longer i will upplay Jeong Yim.

simple as that. He deserves just as much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph
    The video is taken inside the King Mui ancestral temple and that is Chen Yong-Fa's voice in the background and the guy smashing the ching jong is Jose Fernandez from Spain.

Frank, if you are passionate about CLF, at least check these guys out in person instead of just posting their video on your website and then bad mouth them.

They are your brothers and we can all trace our lineage back to King Mui and Chan Heung, so don't try to play polictics and split us with a new school, a birthplace and a new founder, it won't work!

CLF Yut Gar!
    Hi EJ,
    If I get you the customers, can you MAKE UP gorilla form for them?

When is gorilla form next on Frank's "things to MAKE UP" for his hung sing kuen, from fut gar jing jung?

When is Choy Fook, Cheung sarm fung and wong fei hung next on Jeong Yim's list of "New teachers to be revealed"??

A. That is because Futsan don't do CLF, they do Hung Sing Kuen from Fut Gar Jing Jung.
    'If know the most possible method was called Fut Ga Jing Jong.'

The video is taken inside the King Mui ancestral temple and that is Chen Yong-Fa's voice in the background and the guy smashing the ching jong is Jose Fernandez from Spain.

Frank, if you are passionate about CLF, at least check these guys out in person instead of just posting their video on your website and then bad mouth them.

They are your brothers and we can all trace our lineage back to King Mui and Chan Heung, so don't try to play polictics and split us with a new school, a birthplace and a new founder, it won't work!

CLF Yut Gar!
    I would really like to learn with Chen Yong Fa; he seems like a very knowledgable Sifu being great-grandson of Chan Heung or whatnot.

Also I speak Mandarin and so far all the CLF teachers I have met are all Cantonese .

Mandarin would work much better.

He might speak mandarin but his native language is also cantonese.

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    I would really like to learn with Chen Yong Fa; he seems like a very knowledgable Sifu being great-grandson of Chan Heung or whatnot.
    Unfortunately, not according to Frank. Chan Heung and his 5 generations of descendants just made up their history and their forms. You had better go to Futsan and learn Fut Gar Jing Jung and Hung Sing Kuen.

Unfortunately, not according to Frank. Chan Heung and his 5 generations of descendants just made up their history and their forms. You had better go to Futsan and learn Fut Gar Jing Jung and Hung Sing Kuen.
    Well Joseph I'm not fond of politics. You should that about me hehe.

To me CLF is CLF.

There are people out there with a WEALTH of knowledge and ability, and it's my job to seek those people out and extract the information from them.

To me Chen Yong Fa seems like a very good person and powerful CLF fighter. So does people I know from Buk Sing and Fut San Hung Sing.

As long as the training is alive and the contact is heavy, I'm ready to jump in. I like all three branches, and I'd train with anyone whose training methods are top notch. I would like the opportunity to learn Buk Sing, Chan, Hung Sing, everything.

CLF is a badass system, why not learn as much of it as possible?

Peace

Ho Ngau wooden dummy

Quote Originally Posted by VStanmore
    OK, back on topic.

I think around the 1970's there was a book in Hong Kong written by Ho Ngau who come's from the lineage of Chan Koon Pak. (Through Ngan yiu ting?)
    It was supposedly about CLF wooden dummies.

Has anyone seen or have access to the book?
    I would be interested in seeing what wooden dummies were covered in the book.
    In fact, based on this quote from the wooden dummies article,

"Chan Heung’s son, Chan Koon-Pak, also made jong techniques one of his specialities and received full instructions from his father. While teaching in Guangzhou, Koon-Pak was approached by Choy Kwai-Yuan and his two sons to teach them the wooden dummy techniques. They had the space required for installing the various jongs in their home. Chan Koon Pak accepted their request and gave them the specifications to construct the jongs.

Once the construction and installation of the jongs was completed, other students of Koon-Pak also expressed an interest in learning the techniques and would gather at Choy’s house to practice every day. These students included outstanding past Choy Lee Fut Masters such as, Wong Fook, Ngan Yiu Ting,..."

So some of the students who learnt the wooden dummies included Wong Fook, Ngan yiu ting and Choy kwai-yuan and his two sons,.....and of course we would expect Chan yiu chi, son of Chan Koon Pak and the grandson of the founder of CLF, Chan Heung.
    I think it would offer an interesting perspective from another angle if we have a look at what the book describes.
    This may be of interest to you I am a student from 28 years ago of Chun Yuk Yui one of Ho Ngau's top three students when I used to train in Hong Kong I visited Ho Ngau gwoon in Fanling N.T. and met his wife, The jong from the book is from this gwoon it had the tradional iron weight on the arm as opposed to the more widely used spring and made a ringing sound when you hit it, the gwoon was an amazing place very large compared to my sifu's gwoon in Tai Kok Tsui which was just large enough to swing a cat. every year they have a party to celebrate Ho Ngau's birthday when sifu from all over the world used to come and demonstrate, I got to play in front of them a very nervously performed CLF set.Sifu Chan does not teach anymore and I am priveliged to say he was and still is my Sifu, an amazing teacher and an even more amazing man.

UFC

WOW his CLF must be good

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei
    UFC

WOW his CLF must be good
    What are you saying?

Blog Entries
    misty....

what are you saying?

I don't understand.............If I execute a Sow Choy, but It wasn't taught to us from Chan Heung, then what........I'm not doing a CHOY LEE FUT SOW CHOY?

If not, then What am I doing?

You act as if CHan Heung NEVER created things for Choy Lee Fut.

In your eyes what makes CHAN HEUNG so special? If chan Heung didn't create things, then he isn't the founder of a system, all he did is take things from other systems and combine it.

But as i see it, Chan Heung developed his CHAN family CLF. He created and modified (probably many many times) a good amount of his CLF. He wasn't a god, or a kung fu genius, (or he could have been one of the MANY kung fu Genious"S) however he was just a man. nothing special, he couldn't fly, walk on water, levitate, or glow in the dark. Hell, no one can.

so once again, what is it that you think makes chan heung so incredibly incredible that it would be completely impossible for anyone to do what he did?

Maybe YOU couldn't create gung fu from what your were taught, but i KNOW i can.

see, you always be one of the ones left behind because you have no creative bone in your body. But, as with evolution, everyone improves whatever they learned, especially when the pass it on to someone else.

where you are wrong, is that there is a set method to CLF. THat's where you went wrong. You go right ahead and practice your chan family sets and hope that you can execute those moves from the sets in real life combat.

see, i can fight, and no.....chan heung didn't teach me that.

So, Misty you're all talk........do you know if Chan Heung's gung fu was originally accepted at it's time of inception?

Blog Entries
    Of Course I Am Sifu Frank Mccarthy.............head Master Of The Hung Loong Kwoon, Senior Disciple Of Grand Master Dino "jew Tien Loong" Salvatera-head Master Of The Oldest Gung Fu School In The United States.

Yes I Am Very Proud To Say That I Come From Lau Bun's Lineage.

Did You Know That Lau Bun Was One Of The Most Authentic Masters Of His Time And Anyone That Ever Had The Chance To Meet Him Felt So?

So When You Try To Put Down Lau Bun, You Are Insulting Me, My Sifu, His Classmates, Sisooks, Si Baks, Si Bak Gungs, And So On, Including Doc Fai Wong.

Regardless, Lau Bun's Hs Clf Is Highly Regarded As Highly Effectice Gung Fu. That's All That Matters.

However, You Come From The Cut And Paste Style Where Your Founder Isn't Really The Founder Because The Wheel Was Already Invented Long Ago. He May Be The Cut And Paster, That's Fine And Dandy.

But If I Were You, I Would Stop Embarrassing My Sifu The Way You Are. If I Were Your Sifu You'd Be Long Gone With My Foot In Your Arse.......stuck Way Up There.....

So Far Up There You Need A Fireman's Latter To Climb Up There And Get It Out.