Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hung Fut?

BN9 you are right about the similarities. we have lin wa dao fu ( continuous tiger punches) Fu pow or pao choi ( mirror hand punch), been gok choi (wip horn punch), wu dip sao (buterfly palm) and many more tech.

greencloud.net

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole
    Brother#9:

I agree with you 100%. By the way, you should be biased towards your sifu I know I am biased towards mine.

Not many people (including myself) know a lot about Hung Fut. Yeah we know history and the Hung Gar & Fut Gar connection, but aside from that there isn't much in the U.S. with the exception of Yim Sifu and most people only know his name when thinking of Hung Fut sifus. When it comes to CLF or Hung Gar sifus there is a long list.

That is what I like about your style, the fact it is somewhat unique. It is like buying the car you don't see that much on the road. It makes it look nicer each day.

Peace.

Hello Brothers in kung fu. Im a shaolin hung fut kung fu practitioner.

We have a hung fut grandmaster here in the Philippines.

My Drills

Hello Brothers in kung fu. Im a shaolin hung fut kung fu practitioner.

We have a hung fut grandmaster here in the Philippines.
    I have seen y'alls website, but have never been able to talk to anyone from your school. I think it would be interesting to see the differences in the HF that we practice. It looks like you guys do a lot of iron body stuff. is that true? How about chi gung?

edit-I am assuming that you study at the Shaolin Hung Fut Fist Palm under Ramos Sifu, forgive me if I am wrong. I study in the USA.
    Last edited by Hard Fists; 05-18-2006 at 04:20 AM.

yup, jorge ramos is our grandmaster.

hope we can all go to hong kong to attend the anniversary in august i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Fists
    I have seen y'alls website, but have never been able to talk to anyone from your school. I think it would be interesting to see the differences in the HF that we practice. It looks like you guys do a lot of iron body stuff. is that true? How about chi gung?

edit-I am assuming that you study at the Shaolin Hung Fut Fist Palm under Ramos Sifu, forgive me if I am wrong. I study in the USA.
    hello hung fut bro! are you from sifu tai yim school.

yes. I have the honor of training at Sifu Tai Yim's school in Md. As far as going to HK: that is still going to have to be a dream for me. I have a three year old son now, and my wife has one in the oven. Finding time to train is going to be more and more difficult...though I am sure I'll work something out. When you speak anniversary, do you mean the HK Hung Fut Association Anniversary? If you go, it would be cool if you could post some pics here.

yup, thats the one im talking about, HK Hung Fut Anniversary this august.

Regards to sifu Tai Yim, from Hung Fut Phils.

keep practicing bro.
    Last edited by MyDrills; 05-22-2006 at 09:31 PM.

I'm a little late to this thread, but i studied under Hung Fut practitioner Don Niam a long, long time ago (1988 or so). Sifu Niam references Sifu Tai Yim on his school's lineage page. Is any else familiar with Sifu Niam, who teaches in the Akron, Ohio area? His page is http://www.donniamstudio.com/
    Don't Just Live- Live and Perform

Center for Integrative Health and Perfomance

www.centerforIHAP.com

I think he was in a couple of movies. I just know him from my own research Hung Fut. He seems legit, but i have never seen him or his students fight or demonstrate. I think he trained in MD a long a$$ time ago.

Don certainly was and is a student of our Sifu Tai Yim. He was given blessings by sifu to teach what he knows. During the time I joined he was already training mainly private lessons from sifu. He has traveled and worked around the world gaining real life fight experiences that I'm sure have influenced his own curriculum and teachings. Hopefully he will be in attendance at the big event we are having in Sept.

What big event in september? My father lives in MD and attending your event will give me an excuse to visit my dad. Also, i would love to see sifu Niam again.

www.centerforIHAP.com

The Master's ceremony. It will be the first time that our Sifu has presented students with this title and has never happend before in the US. It should be pretty cool. There are going to be several demonstrations and the event will be attended by many leaders in the sport from across the nation. If you would like to attend, I suggest you call the school. They will be happy to assist you.

I don't remember the exact date off the top of my head, it was just recently changed from July. Clarification, it is the first time in the U.S. that our Sifu will have the ceremonies in a grand fashion, HK style. Technically it is not the first time the title has been bestowed. There will be a ton of demonstrations. There will likely be 20 or more demonstrations by our own school, including each of the 5 Sifu candidates, all of whom know Don Niam. There may be demonstrations by guests as well but that will be on them to decide. There will be a large banquet at a VA restaurant, I think it's name is China Garden, but don't quote me on that. It's $60 a ticket in advance.

A couple questions...

What is the name and/or phone number of the school in which i should call for more information?

Will the demonstrations performed by the sifu candidates be their actual "sifu tests" or will the demos be performances done after the candidates are bestowed the title, "sifu"?

www.centerforIHAP.com

Tai Yim Kung Fu
    301-946-4211

The forms they perform will not be their Sifu test. I don't know what the tests were or are. It wouldn't surprise me if it were different for every individual based on their strenghts, weaknesses, and contributions to the school (not monetary).