Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Chu

Question for Chu

Hi,
    In a PM, you mentioned that your Father knew the last Mancurian Emperor "Pu Yi". I am wondering how this came to be? When the Manchurians conqured the Ming dynasty, they persecuted, and slaughtered your family. The survivors ran south with the Ming's royal family and lived amongst the Hakka people. How is it many generations later your father is now freinds with the very family that slaughtered your ancestors?

was some sort of attonement made? How did the Chao family come to know the family that slaughtered thier ancestors?

This is a very good thing that forgieness can be found. I do find myself curious as to the way it all occured.

Any insite to Chao family history is greatly appreciated.

Gian
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Truth about Chu

Mr. Gian
    My father has told me that at one time, as a Taoist Minister, that he was required along with many other priests to help perform an exorcism for the royal family. He helped perform this along with many other ministers (priests) as I have said, but quite reluctantly.

The ceremony was not for Pu Yi, its was for one of the royal guards family member, I believe the name of that member was Ping, perhaps. This was many years ago.

Out name is not Chao, it is Chu, which is a dialect of Zhao by the way. Also from the ancient state of Zhao. As for the taking serious of our emperor’s in China, our presidents etc. are still considered by many to represent the emperor.

And as you can see for an earlier post by a Mr. Kung Fu Goat ( he had a link about Mr. Henry Liu and his death) some people in the Chinese government do take quite serious the misuse and or gossip about our leaders. This is why my father will not converse with you anymore.

Yuk Hing

Mr. Gian
    My father has told me that at one time, as a Taoist Minister, that he was required along with many other priests to help perform an exorcism for the royal family. He helped perform this along with many other ministers (priests) as I have said, but quite reluctantly.

Reply]
    Very interesting. I susected it would have been uder duress.

>>The ceremony was not for Pu Yi, its was for one of the royal guards family member, I believe the name of that member was Ping, perhaps. This was many years ago.

Reply]
    That makes more sense.

>>Out name is not Chao, it is Chu, which is a dialect of Zhao by the way.

Reply]
    Chao, and Zhao are the same name, justdifferent spellings.

>>Also from the ancient state of Zhao. As for the taking serious of our emperor’s in China, our presidents etc. are still considered by many to represent the emperor.

And as you can see for an earlier post by a Mr. Kung Fu Goat ( he had a link about Mr. Henry Liu and his death) some people in the Chinese government do take quite serious the misuse and or gossip about our leaders. This is why my father will not converse with you anymore.

Reply]
    You seem to hae a reverance for your Emperor/president that most Chinese people don't. Also, in the other post I ponted out "Royal dragon" is not a name derived for the Emperor, it is from the legand of Tsao Tu Ming. Your Father might like to know that, and consider that he owes me an apology.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

rd

that was a really cool story about the worm, thank you for sharing it.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

You are welcome!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Your Father might like to know that, and consider that he owes me an apology.
    ??? No offense, but wow, I would never talk to a Chinese person this way that I didn't want to seriously offend.

neil

with the posts that simon has thoroughly breaking this whole thing down. And the fact that he is not being disrespectful about his freaking screen name, he should have the right to respectfully ask for that.

Does someone wanna rip on me for having a name from the bible, go ahead, it's a waste of breath. Unfortunately, I see it as chu being disrespectful. But I have no right to judge these things.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Chu is being a tard.

The dynastic era is dead. IF Chu or his father want to go back in time and live in a feudal era good for them but even in China they'd be mocked for making some sort of a big deal about an internet handle with an "imperial" reference. Pu-lease.

p.s.

Simon didn't "break the whole thing down" he just pointed out that the broken English doesn't sound real (I agree) and that the Chinese is grammatically incorrect (I disagree, it's incorrect for modern Chinese but looks about right for a book or essay title).

Between things that drive me crazy about China and maybe just trying to put together a pseudo FAQ on Chinglish I almost want to start a thread but I'll probably just throw my thoughts out on Simon's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish
    Chu is being a tard.
    Oh, this is just about the name, RD? Good grief, yes, in modern day who the heck cares? If they get offended over this they must be an old Chinese family that left before the Communists took over.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish
    Chu is being a tard.

Simon didn't "break the whole thing down" he just pointed out that the broken .

Yeah, I have no grrammatticcall skillze myself. I am surprised I even learned how to type on this thing, let alone put together complete sentences .

Don't worry omar, I will check and see if I can find a quote from wutang clan to see if they have spoken on this topic

Message for Mr. Gian

We would like to say that we are from an old Chinese Family, who served their country, and we are proud of our heritage also.

Now that you feel that my Father owes you an appology, all we can say is that we will not talk to you anymore, as there is nothing else to say. It is sad, because my Father was about to share a lot of valuable information with you all, but no more.

Obviously you do not have respect for any Emperor's or Presidents of any country probably noy even your own country.

You live in a free country but old China is not much less different form New CHina. If you try to go there and make fun of the Chinese President you will see. They will not tolerate it at all. It is still respect, which you do not have or seem to understabd.

Mr. Chu Yuk-Hing

Yay! a feud!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon
    Yay! a feud!
    Yeah, those old Chinese guys are tough, man. I couldn't believe it when Clinton had the Premier over and was putting down China and mentioning Tiananmen and stuff directly to his face. That kind of stuff just does not work.

That thing with Bush and the FG lady was bad as well. We shouldn't have let anybody in with dubious press credentials like that.

Oh, well.

Edit.

See, IMHO the main difference between Americans and Chinese is this. You can insult the Americans all you want, call them dirty names, and they get annoyed by it, but if you come out and apologize about it, they will probably forgive you.

The Chinese, however, you insinuate something bad, and they get royally (no insult to the emperor) ticked off, and they will not forgive you unless you basically get down on your hands and knees and cry. Even then they will still view you with grave suspicion and will probably still plan on getting revenge years later.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-26-2006 at 04:56 PM.

That works. RD is great at both p|ssing people off and groveling.
    Last edited by Water Dragon; 05-26-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

WD, When you are as good at ****ing peopel off as I am (a natural talent), you must learn to cultivate your skills at groveling to a very high, and refined level.

As for Chu (father, and Son), you guys insulted me by refusing to talk because of a MISSUNDERSTANDING in YOUR part regarding the origin of my screen name.

All I did was politely pointed out your error and ask for a simple apology. You responed by being MORE insulted, and acting like a baby.

I don't care what country you are from, or what Martial arts you know (or pretened to know, if you are who I think you are), You can go F uck Yourself now.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 05-26-2006 at 05:31 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a