Thread: Rarely Taught Wu Tang Forms

Rarely Taught Wu Tang Forms

Participation in another post got me thinking about this. Somehow the Tai Tzu Chang Quan taught by Liu Yun-Qiao came up. It seems that this is a form rarely taught even in Wu Tang circles. I'm curious about this form as well as a form I've heard translated as "Eight Warlord Fist". Is that form from Sun Bin Quan?

Wudang (as it is now oficially spelled) is a mix of original (13 Postures and Primeval Taijiquan of the San Feng sect, 8 Drunken Immortals, Xiaoyaozhang, etc...) and not so original (baguazhang, taijiquan, xingyi, longfist, etc...) styles belonging to a number of sects and villages in the area. The name to cover them all is Wudangquan (Wutang Fist). Anything beyond that is kind of a hot topic I do not want to get into
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Not actual Wudang. Not the Wu Tang Klan with Ghostface Killa, and O.D.B. (R.I.P.). I'm talking about the Taiwan based organization started by Liu Yun-Qiao.

I think the only one who teaches the Tai Tzu set is Adam Hsu. I made contact with those guys several years ago, and no one knew the form except him.

I managed to procure a video of it once. it's a cool set. The set is rather unique, as it is practiced very slow, like a Taiji set.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I would very much like to study from a teacher, not from videos, the Wu Tang style of kung fu, since it is so close to tai chi. I want real experienced individuals to instruct me. Who are the good teachers in the U.S or Canada?

WuTan is mosty Liu Yun Chio's Baji org. It's not Wudan mountain arts.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Tai Tzu

If i am hearing the chinese name correctly, i can tell you my master teaches this set on occasion. wutangcenter.com
    i actually learned this set and enjoyed it