Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for Chu

The account is his fathers. That is what he said originally. This means it is probably his 96 year old fathers years in the art, not his.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

so then his father began training at the age of 46?

this is great. there are several people out there that would surely love to hear how it is to start training in the middle years. the pro's and the con's
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

My father started to study at age seven from his father and grandfather with other family members. He should have said 50 plus so this places his study at 89 years. He began to get serious in his late teens.

YukHing

ok thank you for the clarification.

a suggestion, perhaps the correct time period should be updated in the profile.

personally when someone begins to post on here, i always check the profile.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chu
    I do think that you are at risk for this type of joke. Even if we dont care about it, (which we do, as Chinese ) perhaps maybee the Chinese government will care, what do you think about it? Do you think it is funny to joke?

YukHing
    I showed my girlfriend the joke that Omar posted in the guise of discussing this thread with her (since she gave me some help on translations). She is a citizen of China.

She thought it was a bit raunchy but otherwise quite funny.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I do think that you are at risk for this type of joke. Even if we dont care about it, (which we do, as Chinese ) perhaps maybee the Chinese government will care, what do you think about it? Do you think it is funny to joke?

YukHing
    Yes. It's funny. That's the whole point of jokes. If you actually are Chinese you need to get over yourself really bad. I didn't make up the joke. I didn't even post it on a Chinese board. I just went to the local search Engine, www.baidu.com, the most commonly used search engine in Shaanxi province and typed in "Emperor humour" and took a look at what came up.

http://www.baidu.com/s?wd=%BB%CA%B5%DB%D3%C4%C4%AC&cl=3

That's not even Chinese google. It's a search engine from within the PRC and I got 1,190,000 hits. If I change it to "emperor jokes" I get 1,370,000 hits. How about the hit movie from a few years back "Big Shot's Funeral", a comedy, which opens with a satirical scene of a made up movie about pu yi.

Here's a link to a Chinese BBS where the topic is, "Jokes about the emperor".

It's in simplified and it ends in .cn so you know it originates from withing the PRC.

Joking about the emperor has been well and fully accepted, enjoyed and without stigma for a good long time now. Get the stick out of your a$$ already.

Doo dee dee dee da dumb *melting butter, popping popcorn* doo dee dee dee dee dee dumb
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

On September 27, 2005 the eve of National Day was held a grand and pompous ceremony that was in the first session of overseas Chinese to offer sacrifice to the Temple of Ancient Monarchs which has gone through all dynasties in China. More than 150 well known leaders with China origin in Oversea Chinese Associations, together with people from all fields in Beijing Association of Tourism Trading Union building Administrative Department of the Temple of Ancient Monarchs total participants of more than 300 persons.

Thus, this ancient temple, Temple of Ancient Monarchs has met and witnessed this grand ceremony in which overseas Chinese gathered in Beijing to pay a courtesy call to all the late Emperor’s in China. In recent years Beijing government has invested about 300 million yuan to give the temple a repair, which has been fully restore it the original look and made it as brilliant as the other buildings such as the Imperial Palace, the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace.

The Temple of Ancient Monarchs of Beijing, is a valuable historical and cultural legacy of Chinese nation. It was built in 1530, the 9th years of the Jia Qing Period of the Mind Dynasty, with a history of more than 470 years. In this temple, there are worshipped 268 emperor’s and eminent ministers and generals from ancient times to the Ming Dynasty in China.

<snip>

This is how really serious our Cultural heritage is in China today still!

Yuk Hing
    Yeah, because you know, the CCP never restores ancient cultural sites that they don't really care about one way or the other in order to get the tourist dollars that ancient temples bring, eh?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Chu

How is everyone? A lot of problems on this forum, eh? too many for me.

Yuk hing

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish
    This guy is about as Chinese as a sesame seed bagel with lox and cream cheese.
    Now you are saying the chinese didn't invent kosher foods?

Such hutzpah.

Chu, you're absolutely in the right. Not only wouldn't I trust Royal Dragon, but I'd be careful of someone like Omarthefish, who clearly has a problem with the history of the jewish people. mishigas!
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 06-21-2006 at 04:00 PM.

A lot of problems on this forum, eh?

Yuk hing
    This guy's not Chinese. He's Canadian.

I think my old arch enemy Kung Lek may be at the bottom of this.
    Last edited by Water Dragon; 06-21-2006 at 08:54 PM.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon