Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you pay for kung fu?

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Weapons in Alberta cost about the same as anywhere else in Canada. We just have no selection though, hehehe. If you want anything, best to order from Vancouver, USA, or HK/China.

As for recommendations, I have heard that Chiu Wei is supposed to be one of the best in Calgary. He's hung gar, and you can find his medical practice in Chinatown. I havent seen him in action, and my sifu hasn't seen him for about 20-30 years, so I'm just going by what I've heard. Also, there is a mizong luohan (my jong law horn) school in Calgary run by Alex Kwok and Greg Louie. I've heard good things about them as well.

One thing to absolutely stay away from is Simon's "Temple Kung Fu".

Good Luck, and let me know if you find anything else good.

WuMan Guest
    Whenever I like twist a ankle bad or something my mom takes me to Chiu Wei, he is like my distance uncle, welll my moms distance uncle. As for the Mizong Lohan do you know where it is located? I was about to join Tai Chi College but I guess I have some new choices now...

EARTH DRAGON Guest

what do u pay

We charge $41.00 a month thats only $500.00 for a whole year! The first class is totally free! if you bring in a freind you recieve a free month! and the uniforms are $20.00 !!!! kung fu isnt about making $ its about teaching! as long as the bills are paid and your not starving or homeless the smile on a student face is priceless!

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Pong Lai Guest

Payment for Lessons

You pay for what you receive!
    Any good teacher who knows how to teach fighting using all martial arts skills and techniques, will not be charging $50/mo.!!
    You all have found great personal trainers and exercise coaches, but not any good paractioners of Martial Arts to learn from.

woliveri Guest

Pong Lai

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Any good teacher who knows how to teach fighting using all martial arts skills and techniques, will not be charging $50/mo.!!
    [/quote]

Actually this is not true. It depends on if the Teacher is teaching because they want or need to make money or that they just love teaching. I've had my best instruction in both Qi Gong and Kung fu from teachers that didn't charge me a cent.

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
    There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"