Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wudang Monks are in Austin TX.

Wudang Monks are in Austin TX.

http://www.healingtaoinstitute.com/wudangdvd.html

Here is the promo vid for the visit. If you click on other links on the site you get a list of the seminars they are going to be holding. I for one am going to attend the Kung fu workshop in zilker gardens.

As Always,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

ive signed up for the Kung fu seminars

I guess this is a rare opportunity to study with these guys. But i have signed up for the two night seminars on the form they are teaching(Wudang Taming Tiger Internal Style Kung Fu.)

Is anyone else in the Austin area going to go to this or go to any of the events?

PM me.
    Peace,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 07-11-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: adding text
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I can probably make the Friday class, Thursday I am visiting Jeff Hughes's school.
    What's the deal with this?

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    I guess this is a rare opportunity to study with these guys. But i have signed up for the two night seminars on the form they are teaching(Wudang Taming Tiger Internal Style Kung Fu.)
    Holy cow, that's this Thursday and Friday! Man, I think I might drive up there from San Antonio.

WUDANG KUNG FU WORKSHOP
    Thursday & Friday evenings, July 13th & 14th, Zilker Botanical Gardens Center, Main Building, 2220 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, 7:00pm
    $40 in advance (both nights); $50 at the door
    or $20 per night; $25 at the door

Wudang Monastery is as famous as the Shaolin Temple for its martial arts monks, and particularly renowned for their "internal style" martial arts that teach precise use of body mechanics combined with Qi, breath and mental intention for extraordinary power. This is a rare and special opportunity to learn world class kung fu from the head instructor one of the rare Wudang Kung Fu sets. He will be teaching Wudang Taming Tiger Internal Style Kung Fu. Wear loose clothing and sneakers, and be prepared for a workout!
    Last edited by chud; 07-11-2006 at 07:09 PM.

From a thread in the Taijiquan section of this forum: Hi everybody. I am glad to be back home. Just a warning not to bother going to wudang acadamy it is run down, no running water, no working toilets, mold on the roof, roof caving in, no master to greet us to give a demonstation and all of ther masters have left for other schools or to teach in USA.

LOL, I guess they all came to Austin!

Well i cant really make a judgment based on reading that excerpt in that thread you posted Chud.

Maybe he wasnt at the right place. Maybe it was the wrong time.

hmm seems to be the right place and time for Me and the 20+ others who are going to attend the class. Zilker botanical gardens are a great place to hold classes like that anyway. no moldy roofs and no broken toilets

Peace,TWS

I will definately post my thoughts and opinions about the classes after they are over.

I went to Sifu Hughes's school tonight instead (awesome class) so I can free myself up to attend these seminars. What are they? How long do they last? Does it make any sense for some one to attend these events as a beginner? I have never taken a class.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I was thinking of hosting Mickey from Disney World-not the Disney type schools, but the actual DUSNEY WORLD FROM FLORIDA! You wil learn to sing "Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It;s off to work we go" from the actual Seven Dwarves! As well as Mickey, who wil lbethere as well. Do not miss this opportunity.

Jstreet

I would imagine that this form that is being taught is a basic one in their curriculum. But honestly i dont know what to expect, But i am going anyway. I mean i would imagine that beginners could benefit from the instruction, and at the price it just seems too good to pass up.(most seminars charge quite alot, sometimes too much, not these seminars specifically, but in general).

i say do it. what have you got to lose except 50 bucks? PLUS as i stated to you in the PM i sent you. You wont be pressured in to "joining" anything as it is just a seminar.

Cheers,TWS.

Actually taiji, xingyi & bagua don’t come from wudang. Even though, they had Taoism theories.

Wudang had its own kinds of martial arts but they aren’t that famous compare to taiji, xingyi & bagua.

Quote Originally Posted by chud
    Holy cow, that's this Thursday and Friday! Man, I think I might drive up there from San Antonio.

WUDANG KUNG FU WORKSHOP
    Thursday & Friday evenings, July 13th & 14th, Zilker Botanical Gardens Center, Main Building, 2220 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, 7:00pm
    $40 in advance (both nights); $50 at the door
    or $20 per night; $25 at the door

Wudang Monastery is as famous as the Shaolin Temple for its martial arts monks, and particularly renowned for their "internal style" martial arts that teach precise use of body mechanics combined with Qi, breath and mental intention for extraordinary power. This is a rare and special opportunity to learn world class kung fu from the head instructor one of the rare Wudang Kung Fu sets. He will be teaching Wudang Taming Tiger Internal Style Kung Fu. Wear loose clothing and sneakers, and be prepared for a workout!
    Lemme know if you do, I might go with you. I'll split for gas.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Wu Dang?

In reality the Wu Dang had been noted for its incredible ability to protect dignitaries or Kings or governors, why has no one brought this fact out?
    The truth is, the Wu i Know and love is the antidote to other home grown Kung Fu.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    did Mr. and Mrs Stewart name their kid, Jampa?
    sounds kinda phoney to me.
    ever since Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Wudan isthe new Shaolin.
    I cant wait till Hua Shan is portrayed in a movie.

I am filming a hua shan movie next summer......it involves the birthplace of qi gong...you think we could convince the world of this ten tigers? hah...maybe it could be a dwarf who lives there and decides to teach the world...and has seven disciples...

I just watched the video in the link...I actually recognized two of the monks. one of them i trained with (i would consider him a priest/monks live in zi xiao temple-as my master told me)and the other i saw in a restaraunt on a mac laptop....thats pretty trippy for china, but i also saw him do a demo and it wasnt half bad. he has a lot of jing. I iwll say that they teach kung-fu but they do not practice it for martial purposes. my master was part of the academy and left for personal reasons. put 2 and 2 together. some of the monks know how to fight and some do not. to what length can they apply their own system? I do not know. But as far as the health and meditation stuff go....they are very real and know what they are doing. It's the guys running around in robes pushing the esoteric crap and claiming to be mystical gurus you have to watch out for......just give wudang a bad name.....makes me sick.....
    best wishes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Palm
    I iwll say that they teach kung-fu but they do not practice it for martial purposes. my master was part of the academy and left for personal reasons. put 2 and 2 together. some of the monks know how to fight and some do not.
    Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing. It looks like I am going up to Austin to check this seminar out, but I'll admit I have waffled about whether or not to go. Hopefully these monks will prove that some good kung fu has survived in China.