Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why I am boycotting all Wimmins

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin
    The likeness is uncanny!!! Especially at 7am, it's amazing what a bit of makeup can do!!! Off to training now, never trained in this kind of heat before!
    Checking the history books, you know that before the 1600s, England was a big wine producing country. But it got too cold, so most of the wine production moved to France, and France got famous for its wines.

In addition, Finland actually means Vineland. Finland used to be a big grape growing country as well, until it got too cold.

So really, things are just getting back to where they used to be over in Europe.

that is interesting Neil

I did not know that about Finland. I have actually Been there, Its is one of the most amazing countries i have been to. Pristine untouced wilderness, clean and clear water. and edible berries growing all over the place, so i can buy that the land there would be great for growing grapes. HOWEVER, finland gets REAL cold in the fall and winter so i would imagine that a grape growing season there would be very short and not yeild as much.
    i am one of the very few westerners(americans) to actually see the interior of finland and Lapland for that matter. i reccomend Finland for anyone who is a serious outback camper and hiker. and the aurora borealis is at its most vived in Finland. I was very privaleged to be able to visit there.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    I did not know that about Finland. I have actually Been there, Its is one of the most amazing countries i have been to. Pristine untouced wilderness, clean and clear water. and edible berries growing all over the place, so i can buy that the land there would be great for growing grapes. HOWEVER, finland gets REAL cold in the fall and winter so i would imagine that a grape growing season there would be very short and not yeild as much.
    i am one of the very few westerners(americans) to actually see the interior of finland and Lapland for that matter. i reccomend Finland for anyone who is a serious outback camper and hiker. and the aurora borealis is at its most vived in Finland. I was very privaleged to be able to visit there.

Peace,TWS
    I've never been there, but I'm told some of my ancestors came from there, and my Grandfather was part of the Finnish-American society, and I met some great Finnish guys growing up. (Like this one guy, Stieg, who did construction and used to show off his iron stomach by letting anybody hit it).

Supposedly Finland used to be a LOT warmer than it is now. In fact, the patron saint of Finland supposedly drove away all the grasshoppers away from Finland that were killing the grapes.

Of course, I have no documentation or proof for any of these things beyond the stories told to me by my elders.

The thing about England and France and the grapes is much better documented in history.