Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MTV2's FINAL FU

Based on the "Hung-Gar" guy getting DQ'D for excessive contact on the 4"8,
    95 LB, TKD girl I think the Men and Women should be seperated. A 20MPH gust of wind would be excessive force against the 95lb chick. It should be 15 guys and 15 women and two winners instead of one. You guys are right on the money with the 3rd degree black belt chicks having poor technique in their matches. The Red Dragon Karate chicks walk right in to punches and kicks. Hard to maintain control when that's happening. The Olympic TKD Chick will probably win the whole thing. She was almost in tears during the challenge, but she was racking up points against the karate guy, because Olmpic TKD is all about point sparring. Change the name of the show to the Final Do, not Final Fu. The deck is clearly stacked for the TKD'ers to win it all, or maybe the Monkey Combat guy since he looks flashy on TV. For me the show is watchable but not respectable. They are looking for something other than the best possible martial artist.
    Last edited by jstreet; 08-01-2006 at 10:03 AM.

from the sparring i saw it was awful

there were people walking into punches and kicks and then their opponent was getting points taken away or losing. i was like ernie reyes jr isnt that good of a judge. but if i can see im sure he can see it, and i have less experience then him. i wont watch it. i think the show is junk, and tailored to xma type crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    from the sparring i saw it was awful

there were people walking into punches and kicks and then their opponent was getting points taken away or losing. i was like ernie reyes jr isnt that good of a judge. but if i can see im sure he can see it, and i have less experience then him. i wont watch it. i think the show is junk, and tailored to xma type crap.
    I totally agree but I think the concept is a good one. How could the show be better? How would you level the playing field with different sized people participating?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    I totally agree but I think the concept is a good one. How could the show be better? How would you level the playing field with different sized people participating?
    The concept is too MTV for my taste. I am just waiting for the hot tub and the secrets like real world. We've already had the "gay" Karate guy from the first ten say how he has made all gay fighters proud. What does him being gay have to do with winning the 25k or with anything for that matter? Nothing, that's why I say it's way too MTV. When I saw the Red Dragon Karate Chicks had 15 years of training I was thinking they would be much better than they are. Apparently for 15 years their parents dropped them off at the day care with kicks and belts. As long as MTV is in charge of this project look for more of the same Fluff. If it were on Spike TV, perhaps it would be better. I lost all hope when the Hung Gar guy was eliminated because of his DQ. I'll bet he would have done well against that field going full contact. I guess I like the full contact fighting to much to appreciate this controlled fighting.

On that note...

...happy 25th birthday, MTV!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

the competitors look like they spend more time on their hair and make-up than on their skills and training. some of the fights remind me of a coked up cat fight between paris hilton and nicole richie. it's a sad program

I confess...

...I'd watch a coked up cat fight between paris hilton and nicole richie, especially if they did it in a pit of nacho sauce.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

omg that olympic tkd girl on the new group of contestants is such a whiney little baby. and did she call them all tae kwan ****s? i think she did. o boohoo poor thing lost bc she left her arms down at her sides the whole fight. and she sits there and says "its one thing to lose to someone that is better than you but..." someone needs to knock this little prima donna out. anyway, the new challenge was funny. they had to hold a horse stance as long as they could and balance bowls on the backs of their hands. i have never had to do anything with bowls but i imagine that might add difficulty but horse stances are the most fundamental thing in CMA. of course no one on the show does CMA but still. these ppl were buckling after like a minute to a minute in a half. i would think if they are in as good shape as they look they would be strong enough to at least gor 3 minutes. we hold horse stance in my schools basic class for 3 minutes at the beginning of every class. my old school was even more insane with stance training. i guess i was just surprised to see how bad they failed.

Is it TRUE? Was There a MOO on Final FU?

Somebody told me Final Fu had a Chung Moo Quan exponent - a girl - and it was hilarious... is this true? Did anyone catch this?
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Final fu.....Its sort of like the crap ESPN puts on once a year....the **** where people are doing forms and breaking boards to techno music

Twirling glow stick chucks while doing back flips...

I can't seem to watch more than a few minutes before I turn the channel

i tivo the show and can double check if there is a moo on there when i get home but i dont remember that standing out to me. as far as twirling stuff i have yet to see anything like that. its a bunch of continuous point sparring and reality show style challenges. its a terrible show full of sub par fighting, huge, inflated egos and perfectly styled hair. o and did i mention ernie reyes junior? he wore a green jacket on last nights epispode which made him look even more like a leprechaun. a little philipino leprechaun. man that show is dumb. i haven't missed an episode yet. i am seeing this to the end.

The show is worth watching just to see some of the people do their staged whining fests. Last night the girl that lost a fight by five points because she wasn't landing enough punches was whining like crazy. Also, the horse stance challenge thing they did was amusing (the longest was just over five minutes).

I hate Final Fu, that show personifies everything that is bad about martial arts today. I absolutely detest the stupid point sparring system they use. People who clearly dominate their opponent and control the fight end up getting disqualified for 'excessive force' or lose points for 'head shots', while their opponent wins on points by throwing sloppy kicks and whiffle punches that wouldn't hurt my five year old. What a bunch of crap. So far the only halfway decent martial arts I saw on the show (I haven't watched much) was a Hung Gar guy named Tom, but he placed low compared to the other contestants because he was instantly DQ'ed for excessive force in his first match and lost a lot of points. Next match they put him up against a TKD guy and he owned him big time.

Quote Originally Posted by chud
    So far the only halfway decent martial arts I saw on the show (I haven't watched much) was a Hung Gar guy named Tom, but he placed low compared to the other contestants because he was instantly DQ'ed for excessive force in his first match and lost a lot of points. Next match they put him up against a TKD guy and he owned him big time.
    Yeah, those were the best fights so far. The part where he kicked the TKD guy and made him fly was great. I wish there weren't so many TKD/JKA people, because they all end up doing the stuff you mentioned before (whiffle punches and kicks, spamming punches etc.). Most of the TKD/JKA people on the show end up doing their little montage before the fights like this, "My strategy is to spam as many punches as I can, and just completely ignore anything else going on." I think about 3-4 people have said that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t
    The show is worth watching just to see some of the people do their staged whining fests. Last night the girl that lost a fight by five points because she wasn't landing enough punches was whining like crazy. Also, the horse stance challenge thing they did was amusing (the longest was just over five minutes).
    5 minutes? That must have been staged. Nobody with any practice stops after 5 minutes even in low horse.