Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: List Specific Benefits of Internal Arts

Quote Originally Posted by charyuop
    As per the "Chi" energy, I don't know what to tell you. I have been practicing Tai Chi for almost 1 year (on and off, depending on how busy I am and weather coz I don't like doing it at home) and never felt anything close to what people define energy. I think I am getting close to believe that it is all a creation of people's mind. I have always been sceptic and that I guess takes me away from the right state of mind of feeling it.

Just my opinion of course...
    I believe you are wrong there, you can definitely feel the energy in the body after "correct" TCC practice. No offense, but you just may need some more experience. Also, people in other arts besides TCC also can feel the body energy that is present. Try doing some Zhang Zhuan, you will feel it. I guarantee you.

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1
    Of course you're correct... Using the body to move with resistance of some kind absolutely is 100% unlike using the body to move with resistance of some other kind...
    If you wish to create an exhaustive comparitive list of what Tai Chi and weightlifting do, some of the things on the list will be found in both Tai Chi and weighlifting. More importantly, some of the things on the list will not be found in both Tai Chi and weightlifting.

Two names - Joe Weider and Jack LaLanne. They sure did go to pot as they aged, didn't they... Oh, wait... That was someone else, since they were both in incredible shape in their later years.
    I knew you would say Jack Lalanne. Did I tell you I am somewhat psychic? I write these messages and then I hear you guys replying while I go about my day. I don't hear the message word for word. What I get is something related to what you will say. I knew yesterday or the day before, I forget, you were going to talk about Jack LaLanne.

Think about this. How old is Jack LaLanne? 80 or so right? That means that he grew up in about 1940 or 1950.

Do you think that a man growing up in 1940 is the same as a man growing up in 2000? Do you think American culture has changed from 1940 to 2000? You might want to ask yourself, out of thousands and thousands of weightlifters, why can you only name two that look OK? I can walk up and down the street and get about 20 chinese people who are 80 and look 50. On my block. These chinese people go to the community center every morning at 8 oclock and do Tai Chi.

Flaky hippie wannabes want the mystical, semi-spiritual benefits martial practice has been reputed to provide, except the origin of said benefits are avoided entirely (i.e. stress, combat, and physical exertion).
    If you say so.

I've even heard some of these Tie Chee goons say that sweating was unhealthy... Only if you're trying to keep the weight on...
    You really have no clue. I hope you don't have people listening to you. You could cure your ingnorance very easily by spending a few days reading some books. Or you could keep displaying your ignorance to the people you meet.

I will display your ignorance right here for everyone to see. Why does a human being sweat? What does sweating do to the body. If you have a brain in your head, you will wonder why I am asking such an "obvious" question. If you don't have a brain, please go to the dictionary and look up the word "trap". It is spelled "T" "R" "A" "P".

There's a difference between being "humble" and failing to speak the truth. HAve you ever had a teacher who taught you how to have the courage to speak up when others were blatantly wrong? Or are you just another politically correct obsequious nutter trying desperately to hang onto an Asian fantasy of magical kung fu masters and metaphysical powers?
    Yes there is. No. No.

And now we begin to see the problem... You mistake movies for reality. If your version of reality is based on Hong Kong cinema, I suspect you believe only Chinese can truly do martial arts and understand the "spirit" of kung fu, and that those spectacular jumps aren't done with wires...
    So arrogant. You don't see yourself do you? You are the bad guy. You are the bad guy that looks at Jet Lee and says "He is a midget". You are the bad guy that looks at Chuck Norris and calls him a weenie. You are the bad guy that looks at Bruce Lee and says "he is just a skinny asian".

Now knowing how people like you think, instead of admitting your behavior resembles the loud mouths in the movies pushing the kung fu master, you will say "Oh look. He thinks he is Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, or Jet Li".

I really don't understand your motivation. Do you want what I say to be true, but you are afraid to beleive me because I might trick you? Are you jealous that I might really know what I say I know? Are you full of hormones and you want to be challenging and angry?

What does your story have to do with anything? Further, why did you have to describe them via race? I get a kick out of that subtle implication... Additionally, the story didn't make any sense to begin with...
    My story is proof that talking stops violent people.

I knew 2 or 3 days ago you would remark that I called him black. I answered you back then so let me go ahead and type it out for you since I guess you didn't hear me.

When describing people, despite all the blather about stereotypes etc, people do get your meaning. If I said a man was bothering me, it could be any man. What if it was a 4 foot 3 inch midget who was bothering me? Then what I did would mean nothing. A midget is not threatening.

When I say a big black guy, I feel that most people will understand what I mean. A big black guy like a football player or basketball player. Tall, 250 lbs, lots of muscle. It is a description that is factual. It is only turned into something dirty by people like you.

Uh, yeah... You avoid going out in public because you have trouble interacting with folks who are firmly grounded in reality. Zombies don't "follow" you, nor do "tough guys."
    OK. Believe what you want.

Which leads me to believe your avoidance of weight lifting has more to do with being out of shape than a genuine, scientifically documented potential for long term disability (which, I might point out, documentation completely debunks). Stay away from the vampires and zombies and lift some weights. You'd be surprised at how good you'll feel...
    Believe what you wish.

Or maybe it's your personality grating on them as you insist non-real things are real...? Just a thought.
    Sure it is possible. Except for one thing. I do not talk to these people. How do they know I have a grating personality?

Ever think your appearance draws attention to you? Maybe the guy really didn't like your dog. Maybe "anything." I suspect it had more to do with the guy's personal background and baggage than your "energy" drawing him to you.
    I admit that is possible. I don't think that was the reason. But it is possible.

Sure, sure... You took the moral high ground. The way things have been painted in your post, the big bad black man came up to the poor, helpless, chubby white guy, and tried to intimidate him. But, with your zuper kung fu skillz, you managed to avoid a fight through nonconfrontation... Or maybe you were just to scared to do anything like stick up for yourself?
    That made me laugh. It is amazing how anything in the world can be made negative. Having a baby is making the world overpopulated. Having sex will give you AIDS. Giving money to poor people is enabling them to not get a job. Negative people can rephrase any act in the world in a negative way.

Sure I was scared. He was a big, 250 lb black guy with lots of muscles. It is called intelligence. You know what you are capable of and you judge the likely outcome of the fight. It was most likely he would have kicked my ass. I have no problem saying that. Maybe I don't like it, but that is how life is.

Do you watch fights? Do you know who Kazushi Sakuraba is? He is one of the best MMA artists on the planet. He is so good there was no one in his weight class left to fight him. So his handlers moved him up a weight class or two. He fought someone 40 pounds heavier than him and got his butt beaten. He was in the hospital for 3 days.

If a professional fighter gets his butt beat and put in the hospital for 3 days by a man who is bigger and heavier than he is, what is the liklihood that I, a person with a life who only trains for an hour or so a day, would end up in the hospital for 3 days if I tried to fight a 250 muscular man? Why would I do something so stupid? Because I am afraid you will make fun of me? I will let you have your fun. I hate to pay hospital bills. I am also not very fond of pain.

You didn't "talk him out" of anything... You stood there, did your best to be nonconfrontational, probably more out of fear than anything else (since you wouldn't have the confidence to protect yourself due to the lack of fight training you seem to have), and he ultimately got bored and left.
    Isn't that what I said I did?

What I reject is the idea that you are so full of goodness and light, qi and enlightenment, that you see the rest of the world in terms of vampires and zombies. I realize you aren't implying zombies in the sense of Romero zombies, but the implication that you are so much better than everyone else is ridiculous.
    Why? You do not beleive me. No one else here believes me. That means that I AM better than everyone here doesn't it? I know or can do things that no one else here knows or can do. Or maybe they are hiding?

It sounds much more like an overweight, out of shape, older man hiding in a fantasy where he's more powerful than what reality would have everyone believe.
    You really shouldn't waste your time. I told you that I have people like you try to provoke me daily. You are trying to provoke me. You are proof of what I say. Wake up and look at what is going on here. Why do you think I called myself overweight? Because I know you. I know that you will take that comment and do exactly what you are doing now.

And these pictures you've taken display the energy being sucked out of others? That energy is something we can document, quantify, and measure, right? Or maybe it's just an emotional, psychological reaction to people you don't like? I suspect that's more accurate than the explanation that there are people who "suck" energy from others...
    You have to learn to interpret what you see. If you don't believe in it, then I would have to teach you what you are looking at. The pictures do not have lables saying "Vampire sucking energy out of innocent victim".

You live in a fantasy world, your perceptions are based upon movie storylines, and you are a closet racist with an "asian-ophile" trend. Drop the pretense and get a grip on the throat of reality.
    You are a hater that knows commercial kung fu. You have no knowledge of what real chinese old time ancient kung fu is about. You have no knowledge of what real kung fu can do for you. You seem not to have been exposed to the concept of a scholar warrior.

I think you are probably a street fighter or a ring fighter or a policeman or a military man. Maybe a gang member. An angry person who wants to hurt people. You look for an outlet for your physical aggression by hurting whoever your target is. I know you and I know people just like you.

You are like the policeman at my kung fu skill. He was a tall white guy that looked like a hippie. He worked undercover. He came into school one day bragging. He was chasing a suspect and he was getting away. So the undercover kung fu guy kicked the runner in the knee. You can imagine what that did. The runner went to the hospital with a messed up leg.

You should have seen the cop. He was all dancing around and proud of himself. He had broken or messed up the leg of someone who didn't know kung fu at all with his kung fu training. He was the man. He was a star.

What he was was a pathetic individual with a small ego. He was a childish sadist with no thought of the ramifications of his actions. He messed up a person's leg, maybe permanently, just so he could come back to class and brag about what he did.

I got in trouble over that. I said he was a loser and that doing that was wrong. Boy did the instructor get mad! He literally told me I should leave if I thought that what the policeman did was wrong. That was one of the incidents that began to show me my instructor was a sadist that enjoyed hurting people. That was a real bummer.

One of the Yang ancestors (don't remember which one sorry) was said to be very hard and bad tempered (he was said to have killed a student of his). Tai Chi never helped his temper or aggressivity.
    There is always an exception to the rule.

As per the "Chi" energy, I don't know what to tell you. I have been practicing Tai Chi for almost 1 year (on and off, depending on how busy I am and weather coz I don't like doing it at home) and never felt anything close to what people define energy. I think I am getting close to believe that it is all a creation of people's mind. I have always been sceptic and that I guess takes me away from the right state of mind of feeling it.

Just my opinion of course...
    You need to grow up. I don't mean that in a harsh way. I mean you need to grow up so that many years have passed you by. Then you will realize that one year of anything means nothing.

Didn't your Tai Chi instructor tell you not to expect any results for 3 years? Almost every book I ever read said not to expect anything until the end of 3 years.

la diiii da

Xing Yi and Ba Gua movements realign your skeleton and relax the muscles. This is one of the most instrumental ways to rehabilitate sports related injuries. I do Ba Gua and Xing Yi chi gung specifically to treat injuries and to help prevent them through proper body mechanics. But mostly though I study Hung Gar. I have bum elbows which are starting to get better with regular treatment of dit da medicine and chi gung.

Hermits and other "mystics" who seclude themselves in the mountains are actually weaker than people that don't. Hear me out before you jump, Johnny. These individuals are purposely avoiding society and their problems by running away to the mountains. The reason they find enlightenment so easily is because THERE'S NO ONE AROUND TO TAKE THEM OUT OF THEIR GOOD MOOD AND CHALLENGE THEIR BELIEFS. Then one day they come down from the mountain and realise all the women and good food they've been missing and then enlightenment goes out the window. I don't know if the above makes any sense but let me try to sum it up in a couple of sentences. Human beings were meant to interact with each other and can't survive without doing so. To not interact would be inhuman.

TAke it all with a grain of salt.
    A penny saved is... not much.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMnemonic
    Didn't your Tai Chi instructor tell you not to expect any results for 3 years? Almost every book I ever read said not to expect anything until the end of 3 years.
    That is good to know. I don't keep a closed mind whatever belief I might grow into. I practice Tai Chi because I like it. The slow movements and the exercise of the joints are very healthy and even without feeling the Chi, Tai Chi Chuan can still be an effective self defence martial art....if one day the awareness of Chi will come into me I will gladly accept it, otherwise I will go on practicing the way I do now. it is not a contest and I am in no hurry

More importantly, some of the things on the list will not be found in both Tai Chi and weightlifting.
    I never said they were identical. I said that the benefits you've been touting can also be gained through other exercise modalities. Tie Chee isn't as incredibly unique and life changing as you'd have people think.

I knew you would say Jack Lalanne. Did I tell you I am somewhat psychic? I write these messages and then I hear you guys replying while I go about my day. I don't hear the message word for word. What I get is something related to what you will say. I knew yesterday or the day before, I forget, you were going to talk about Jack LaLanne.
    So now you're psychic, yet you know absolutely nothing about me... Your comments further down in your post illustrate how very little you know about me, despite your so-called "psychic" abilities. I submit that this shows yet another bit of your personality, further defining the fantasy world you live in.

1) Do you think that a man growing up in 1940 is the same as a man growing up in 2000? 2) Do you think American culture has changed from 1940 to 2000? 3) You might want to ask yourself, out of thousands and thousands of weightlifters, why can you only name two that look OK?
    1) What's your point? Yes, they are the same. Humans haven't changed in the last 60 years...

2) Again, what's your point? Has "culture" changed? Certainly. Has physical science, specifically exercise science, changed in that time? Certainly. However, the physiological reaction of the human body to exercise has not.

3) I only name two because I only know those two by name. I don't keep a running tally of all the older men and women who, through regular, rigorous exercise, have bettered their lives. There are plenty. I'm sure doctors will readily support exercise, whatever the form, and I'm positive that, barring specific structural issues, they'll never dissuade someone from lifting weights because it's "bad for them" as you claim...

I can walk up and down the street and get about 20 chinese people who are 80 and look 50. On my block. These chinese people go to the community center every morning at 8 oclock and do Tai Chi.
    Good for you. There's also the interesting genetic tendency of Asians, Pacific Islanders, etc., to appear younger than their chronological age well into their later years... I suspect this has absolutely nothing to do with the issue, right? My wife is 3 months younger than I am, but people regularly claim she is at least 10 years younger than her age. Why would that be, especially when she doesn't practice Tie Chee?

You really have no clue. I hope you don't have people listening to you. You could cure your ingnorance very easily by spending a few days reading some books. Or you could keep displaying your ignorance to the people you meet.

I will display your ignorance right here for everyone to see. Why does a human being sweat? What does sweating do to the body. If you have a brain in your head, you will wonder why I am asking such an "obvious" question. If you don't have a brain, please go to the dictionary and look up the word "trap". It is spelled "T" "R" "A" "P".
    Okay, I'll let you spring your psychic trap... Sweating is the simple process by which the body regulates its own temperature. Moisture on the skin aids in the reduction of heat in the body as air passing over the moisture (sweat, in this case) more rapidly cools the body. Now, where's your "trap?" How is sweating "bad" for you, and overheating (heat exhaustion, heat cramps, heat stroke) is not?

Yes there is. No. No.
    So you've never had someone instill in you the warrior ethos that is inherent in martial training? Sad, really, that you've been limited to only the "scholar" aspect you cite so often... It seems then that your "martial arts" aren't very martial at all...

So arrogant. You don't see yourself do you? You are the bad guy. You are the bad guy that looks at Jet Lee and says "He is a midget". You are the bad guy that looks at Chuck Norris and calls him a weenie. You are the bad guy that looks at Bruce Lee and says "he is just a skinny asian".
    You know this about me how, exactly? Your "psychic" delusions again? I'm only the bad guy to you because I'm challenging your skewed perception of reality...

Now knowing how people like you think, instead of admitting your behavior resembles the loud mouths in the movies pushing the kung fu master, you will say "Oh look. He thinks he is Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, or Jet Li".
    People like me? You know nothing about me. Your assumptions, "psychic" or not, are wholly incorrect. And you're continuing in your movie references... Have you ever really met one of these kung fu masters in real life? Please, name names...

I really don't understand your motivation. Do you want what I say to be true, but you are afraid to beleive me because I might trick you? Are you jealous that I might really know what I say I know? Are you full of hormones and you want to be challenging and angry?
    My motivation is a lack of tolerance for people who make statements publicly, as you do, that fly in the face of common sense and scientific fact. It is a combination of statements like yours, and pathetic, dead training that has eroded the quality of Chinese martial arts specifically, and martial arts in general, and continues to degrade what people far better than either of us have worked entire lifetimes to achieve.

If you could prove any of your claims, I'm sure the scientific community would be astounded. You'd be a historical figure, for sure. But I doubt that you'd "stoop so low" as to have your "psychic" skills tested and evaluated (you're morally above that kind of cheapening of your skills, I'm sure) so that others could know the "truth." And I'm far too old to be motivated by excessive hormonal surges...

My story is proof that talking stops violent people.
    Your story is proof that you stood there and did nothing, hoping your potential assailant left you alone. For "talking" to be effective, you'd have to have taken an active part in the matter, which by your account you didn't. You stood there, giving nods and the occasional "oh really," and finally the man walked away. You did nothing.

I knew 2 or 3 days ago you would remark that I called him black. I answered you back then so let me go ahead and type it out for you since I guess you didn't hear me.
    You answered me 2 or 3 days ago? Really? I better go check my psychic answering machine... I haven't checked it lately...

When describing people, despite all the blather about stereotypes etc, people do get your meaning. If I said a man was bothering me, it could be any man. What if it was a 4 foot 3 inch midget who was bothering me? Then what I did would mean nothing. A midget is not threatening.
    But why does it have to be a "big black man" that is scary and threatening? Why couldn't you have just described him as X feet tall, XXX pounds? You bring race into it because it threatens you...

It is a description that is factual. It is only turned into something dirty by people like you.
    Factual is "male, 6 feet tall, approximately 200 pounds." Emotional is "big, black man."
    Matt Stone

Sure it is possible. Except for one thing. I do not talk to these people. How do they know I have a grating personality?
    You're the one that lives in a world where people know things without direct experience or evidence. You tell me why they seem to single you out...

Sure I was scared. He was a big, 250 lb black guy with lots of muscles. It is called intelligence. You know what you are capable of and you judge the likely outcome of the fight. It was most likely he would have kicked my ass. I have no problem saying that. Maybe I don't like it, but that is how life is.
    Then why do you study martial arts? It seems that your 10 - 15 years of training has been wasted if you can't feel confident in your ability to at least hold your own, if not win outright. One man, based on size and weight alone, most likely untrained, and you can't feel that you would be capable of defending yourself... Speaks volumes of the training you've received from your esteemed Chinese masters, as well as volumes on their ability to fight as well...

If a professional fighter gets his butt beat and put in the hospital for 3 days by a man who is bigger and heavier than he is, what is the liklihood that I, a person with a life who only trains for an hour or so a day, would end up in the hospital for 3 days if I tried to fight a 250 muscular man? Why would I do something so stupid? Because I am afraid you will make fun of me? I will let you have your fun. I hate to pay hospital bills. I am also not very fond of pain.
    You train for only an hour or so a day, for 10 - 15 years (off and on). That's not training, that's a hobby. It's no wonder you've never developed any real skill.

Isn't that what I said I did?
    No, you said you were able to stop the fight by talking. That implies involved, active participation in the event. You didn't do that. You stood by, observing your own encounter almost as if a removed third party, and you hoped by not speaking up that your assailant wouldn't get angered and do you bodily harm. That's amazing weakness, that you couldn't even take an active role by engaging him in conversation about why he felt the way he felt... Instead, you just rolled up in a figurative ball and hoped the big, bad man would go away. You buried your head in the sand. The reality is that you're desperately lucky. My entire point was that if someone was really intent on doing you harm, your "talking" wouldn't stop that at all... In this case, you didn't even talk. You stood still, nodded occasionally, and prayed for mercy.

Why? You do not beleive me. No one else here believes me. That means that I AM better than everyone here doesn't it? I know or can do things that no one else here knows or can do. Or maybe they are hiding?
    Um, no... What it means when everone else doesn't believe you is that there's every possibility you are the one that's wrong. Their not believing you does not, most assuredly, mean you are "better" than everyone.

You are proof of what I say. Wake up and look at what is going on here. Why do you think I called myself overweight? Because I know you. I know that you will take that comment and do exactly what you are doing now.
    Okay, then tell me more about myself... Describe me with your psychic skills.

You are a hater that knows commercial kung fu. You have no knowledge of what real chinese old time ancient kung fu is about. You have no knowledge of what real kung fu can do for you. You seem not to have been exposed to the concept of a scholar warrior.
    Again, please use your psychic abilities to describe me, my training, my art, my teacher. Go ahead... I'll enjoy this, I'm sure.

I think you are probably a street fighter or a ring fighter or a policeman or a military man. Maybe a gang member. An angry person who wants to hurt people. You look for an outlet for your physical aggression by hurting whoever your target is. I know you and I know people just like you.
    You "know" me? I think not. Please, apply your "psychic" abilities and ascertain more about me...

What he was was a pathetic individual with a small ego. He was a childish sadist with no thought of the ramifications of his actions. He messed up a person's leg, maybe permanently, just so he could come back to class and brag about what he did.
    Perhaps he was glad that he was able to stop a criminal and help society in a greater context through having done so.

I got in trouble over that. I said he was a loser and that doing that was wrong. Boy did the instructor get mad! He literally told me I should leave if I thought that what the policeman did was wrong. That was one of the incidents that began to show me my instructor was a sadist that enjoyed hurting people. That was a real bummer.
    Or perhaps it showed your inability to grasp a larger picture. Who was the "loser?" The cop for doing his duty in the least dangerous way (he tripped him... He could have shot him, tackled him, pushed him into the street, etc., all far more injurious than simply tripping him), or the criminal?
    Matt Stone

Quote Originally Posted by travelsbyknight
    Hermits and other "mystics" who seclude themselves in the mountains are actually weaker than people that don't. Hear me out before you jump, Johnny. These individuals are purposely avoiding society and their problems by running away to the mountains. The reason they find enlightenment so easily is because THERE'S NO ONE AROUND TO TAKE THEM OUT OF THEIR GOOD MOOD AND CHALLENGE THEIR BELIEFS.
    You equate mood, which is a measure of emotion, to spiritual enlightenment or attainment. I did not realize the two were related.

Your statements depend on your viewpoint. Anything in the world can be described from a variety of viewpoints. I claim that a mystic or hermit attains a rarefied and refined sensitivity that is only possible because of their seclusion. If they come into contact with low people, the low people drag them down from their hight point. My way of looking at it says the hermits are high people and the other people are low people.

You say the hermit is hiding. That is a negative statement. Does a person hide from a rabid dog? Or do they intelligently stay away from it because it will bite them and make them sick? The description is subjective. It depends on what type of judgement you wish to put on the person. I am saying that regular people are like a rabid dog to a refined person. The refined person avoids them from common sense and intelligence, not because he is protecting a fantasy world as you claim.

Your way of looking at things says the hermit is a low person while the other people are higher persons. But if you look at the factual situation, your opinion is wrong. The hermit has a concrete higher attainment of spirituality. He is a more sensitive person. He has a talent that the low people do not. Maybe the regular people are more talented in other areas, but in the area of personal refinement, the hermit does have higher attainment.

Quote Originally Posted by travelsbyknight
    Then one day they come down from the mountain and realise all the women and good food they've been missing and then enlightenment goes out the window. I don't know if the above makes any sense but let me try to sum it up in a couple of sentences. Human beings were meant to interact with each other and can't survive without doing so. To not interact would be inhuman.

TAke it all with a grain of salt.
    You lost me as soon as you said women. You don't understand enlightenment. Or maybe you are being funny and I am taking what you say seriously. On a regular guy level, yes that is funny and we can nudge each other and wink about it. But on a level of serious discussion about enlightenment, there is a reason that holy people have a reputation of avoiding women.

Your grain of salt comment is making me laugh. To see people like you who honestly believe that I am someone who needs to be talked back to reality.......To me, you are an ignorant person who has been filled with lies by people who want to deny you the opportunity to gain power.

But on a level of serious discussion about enlightenment, there is a reason that holy people have a reputation of avoiding women.
    So you're a self-proclaimed psychic, closet racist (both in your support of the theory that only Chinese people can understand, perform, and teach kung fu, as well as in the way you choose to describe people who threaten you), and misogynist that advocates social seclusion in order to attain some mystical state...

Yeah, you've got a good hold on the real world.
    Matt Stone

Tie Chee isn't as incredibly unique and life changing as you'd have people think.
    Yes it is.

So now you're psychic, yet you know absolutely nothing about me... Your comments further down in your post illustrate how very little you know about me, despite your so-called "psychic" abilities. I submit that this shows yet another bit of your personality, further defining the fantasy world you live in.
    I submit that you need to remove the pole from your behind and learn to smile once in awhile.

1) What's your point? Yes, they are the same. Humans haven't changed in the last 60 years...
    There is no point in talking to you. You are unable to think or you are being purposefully obtuse.

Okay, I'll let you spring your psychic trap... Sweating is the simple process by which the body regulates its own temperature. Moisture on the skin aids in the reduction of heat in the body as air passing over the moisture (sweat, in this case) more rapidly cools the body. Now, where's your "trap?" How is sweating "bad" for you, and overheating (heat exhaustion, heat cramps, heat stroke) is not?
    U need to read a chinese medicine book.

My motivation is a lack of tolerance for people who make statements publicly, as you do, that fly in the face of common sense and scientific fact. It is a combination of statements like yours, and pathetic, dead training that has eroded the quality of Chinese martial arts specifically, and martial arts in general, and continues to degrade what people far better than either of us have worked entire lifetimes to achieve.
    No. It is the focus of aggressive and small minded individuals like yourself on the violent fighting aspect of martial art that is diluting the effectiveness of the martial arts in the west.

If you could prove any of your claims, I'm sure the scientific community would be astounded. You'd be a historical figure, for sure.
    People are too small. They are all like you. You won't talk to me to see if what I know has any validity. You just keep hammering away at what kind of person I am or how what I say is impossible. You and they are not interested in what reality is. To me it appears that envy makes you attack people that say they know something that you do not.

Your story is proof that you stood there and did nothing, hoping your potential assailant left you alone. For "talking" to be effective, you'd have to have taken an active part in the matter, which by your account you didn't. You stood there, giving nods and the occasional "oh really," and finally the man walked away. You did nothing.
    You are vile. And you revel in it. You think it gives you power to be abusive to other people. What it does is make you sick. Hope you enjoy it. You will pay in the long run.

Then why do you study martial arts? It seems that your 10 - 15 years of training has been wasted if you can't feel confident in your ability to at least hold your own, if not win outright. One man, based on size and weight alone, most likely untrained, and you can't feel that you would be capable of defending yourself... Speaks volumes of the training you've received from your esteemed Chinese masters, as well as volumes on their ability to fight as well...

You train for only an hour or so a day, for 10 - 15 years (off and on). That's not training, that's a hobby. It's no wonder you've never developed any real skill.

No, you said you were able to stop the fight by talking. That implies involved, active participation in the event. You didn't do that. You stood by, observing your own encounter almost as if a removed third party, and you hoped by not speaking up that your assailant wouldn't get angered and do you bodily harm. That's amazing weakness, that you couldn't even take an active role by engaging him in conversation about why he felt the way he felt... Instead, you just rolled up in a figurative ball and hoped the big, bad man would go away. You buried your head in the sand. The reality is that you're desperately lucky. My entire point was that if someone was really intent on doing you harm, your "talking" wouldn't stop that at all... In this case, you didn't even talk. You stood still, nodded occasionally, and prayed for mercy.

Um, no... What it means when everone else doesn't believe you is that there's every possibility you are the one that's wrong. Their not believing you does not, most assuredly, mean you are "better" than everyone.

Okay, then tell me more about myself... Describe me with your psychic skills.

Again, please use your psychic abilities to describe me, my training, my art, my teacher. Go ahead... I'll enjoy this, I'm sure.

You "know" me? I think not. Please, apply your "psychic" abilities and ascertain more about me...

Perhaps he was glad that he was able to stop a criminal and help society in a greater context through having done so.

Or perhaps it showed your inability to grasp a larger picture. Who was the "loser?" The cop for doing his duty in the least dangerous way (he tripped him... He could have shot him, tackled him, pushed him into the street, etc., all far more injurious than simply tripping him), or the criminal?

Your words expose you for what you are. You are evil. Any person can read what you wrote above and clearly see that your intent is evil. You wish to cause the maximum pain and/or harm that you can. Why? Why do you feel the need to do that? Is it a job for you? Do you have an ego problem? Abusing people makes you feel bigger?

I have come here and posted my opinions. At no time did I make long abusive attacks on you or anything about you. I remarked that I felt your training was lacking or that your ideas were wrong. I did not go out of my way to be hurtfully abusive.

You do know that everyone that reads that must be thinking to themselves, "what kind of mean and hateful person would say those things"? I think that the people here are adults. This is not your high school gang where you are kicking the small kid and all your buddies are clapping their hands and saying "get him". We are supposed to be adults who are above that. I hope.

Yes it is.
    Well, glad it's changed your life so much... However, your singular experience does not the standard make.

I submit that you need to remove the pole from your behind and learn to smile once in awhile.
    I smile quite often, especially when reading your posts.

There is no point in talking to you. You are unable to think or you are being purposefully obtuse.
    The only thing I'm being, purposefully, is skeptical of any claims you make, especially since you won't recognize that you appear to be alone in the support of your theories.

Please, clarify for me, beyond the obvious technological advances made over the last 60 years, how are people significantly any different than they were at the early part of the 1900s?

U need to read a chinese medicine book.
    I have. You need to read a Western medicine book. Natural processes are not bad. Certainly, there are excessive conditions that exist, indicative of other underlying problems, but sweating caused by exercise is not now, never has been, nor ever will be "bad for you."

No. It is the focus of aggressive and small minded individuals like yourself on the violent fighting aspect of martial art that is diluting the effectiveness of the martial arts in the west.
    Again, you rely on your psychic powers to determine what kind of person I am, right? I disagree with you, and I refuse to relent in that disagreement (as my theories are based in reality, and yours are based in fantasy), so therefore I'm aggressive and small minded. Not hardly.

And how, pray tell, does practicing the fighting aspects of martial arts dilute their ability to be applied? That fails the simplest logic test available...

You won't talk to me to see if what I know has any validity.
    You have yet to say anything that supports, validates, or otherwise outlines in a scientific, factually based fashion, the outrageous claims you make. When you do, I'll address your comments as you present them, as I have done with the comments you've made thusfar.

You just keep hammering away at what kind of person I am
    I hammer away at what you present here. I stick to the image you portray based solely upon your comments in this thread and others. You are the one that has made forays into my personal life, taking liberties with defining what kind of person you think I am in real life...

or how what I say is impossible.
    Your claims are impossible. Show me evidence to the contrary, something besides your opinions (based on what you've seen in movies or read in books), something based in fact.

You and they are not interested in what reality is.
    While I realize perception = reality, the perception of the larger group defines the larger view of reality. Your personal perception of zombies and vampires around every corner may be your reality, but it hardly makes it "real" to the rest of the world. Things that are testable, quantifiable, reproduceable, define reality, not the individual ravings of a person with extreme belief systems.

To me it appears that envy makes you attack people that say they know something that you do not.
    Again with the personal attack... What do you think I envy? Your inability to stand up for yourself? Your inability to use your MARTIAL art the way it was intended? Your insistence on racial labeling to justify your fears? Hardly...

You are vile. And you revel in it. You think it gives you power to be abusive to other people. What it does is make you sick. Hope you enjoy it. You will pay in the long run.
    How will I "pay?" How am I "vile" because I won't give in and accept that your skewed perception does not define my reality, nor the reality of others? You're the one upon which the burden of evidence rests... You claim things, so prove them. Otherwise, crawl back into the clover-laden meadow in which you meditate upon pleasant thoughts as you separate yourself from us "lower" people...
    Matt Stone

Your words expose you for what you are. You are evil. Any person can read what you wrote above and clearly see that your intent is evil. You wish to cause the maximum pain and/or harm that you can. Why? Why do you feel the need to do that? Is it a job for you? Do you have an ego problem? Abusing people makes you feel bigger?
    How am I evil? What is it that I'm doing that violates moral law? Because I won't stand by, suspending my common sense in order to allow you to dance around claiming all manner of nonsensical abilities?

I find it particularly interesting that you have yet to step up and defend your claims to psychic abilities... You're avoiding that one quite nicely.

I have come here and posted my opinions. At no time did I make long abusive attacks on you or anything about you.
    You've called me small, evil, and vile. That's pretty abusive. The worst I did was rephrase a description of you that you provided... I've posted my opinions, which are contrary to yours but supported with facts; yours are not and you continually avoid doing so, expecting instead that we all accept your authority "just 'cuz." Not likely to happen...

I remarked that I felt your training was lacking or that your ideas were wrong. I did not go out of my way to be hurtfully abusive.
    Believe me, if I wanted to be hurtful and abusive, you'd certainly know it by this point. I've simply taken what you've said, separated each point and rebutted it. I have called no names, as you have done. I have simply pointed out the blatant flaws in everything you've said up to now.

You do know that everyone that reads that must be thinking to themselves, "what kind of mean and hateful person would say those things"? I think that the people here are adults. This is not your high school gang where you are kicking the small kid and all your buddies are clapping their hands and saying "get him". We are supposed to be adults who are above that. I hope.
    Yeah, you're right... I'm just a high school kid. That's why I won't buy your BS hook, line and sinker. It's because I'm just too "low" to know better, right?
    Matt Stone

Hello Mr YiLiQuan1. I regret to say I can no longer deal with you.

Your heart is full of hate. You have so much hate that it has given you diarrhea. In your reponses to my posts, you do not respond to what I say, you defecate on what I say. You take each thing I say and you very carefully defecate all over it.

If I say something about myself, you defecate on it. If I mention my opinion, you defecate on it. If I say that someone else told me something, you first defecate on them, then you defecate on what they said.

You and I do not need to speak to each other. You need to go to the drugstore and buy something to cure your diarrhea.

I would recommend a church or a group of friendly people. You have overexposed yourself to martial arts so much that you have become a monster that most good people would shun.

I wish I could have done something to turn you away from the dark side. I guess I am not strong enough yet.