Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12 minute mantis documentary video

Technically he doesn't say but he talks about 7 Star and says he practices 7 Star but most of what's shown is Wah Lum. Go figure.

yeah i study wah lum and the scene where he does the stance is exactly like the ones we do that order (i have no idea if other style do the same thing....so) and the opening moves are the same too and i've seen some of my sihing did stuff like him (the staff and double dao scene)

btw-for pushing hand, can i just make up a random set of movements involving stances? or is there a proper way to do the push hands? not talking about 2 man set where punches and lbockes are involve. cus like the video said, i want to develop the sensitivity of my forearms...

Yes the link works for me now, I enjoyed the video.

glad you could d/l it guys.....its really frustrating to get hold of.

Craig

Shaolin 7 Star Praying Mantis founded by Wong Long
    So are you saying it wasn't?!?!?

craig

Wang Lang did not create 7 Star Praying Mantis. I think it was Li Zhi Zhan that created Qixing Tanglang.

By popular account Wang Lang created Praying Mantis which was later split off into branches such as Qixing.

Funny but all the 7 Star websites I go to make the claim that Wang Lang created 7 Star. Maybe one of the more reputable researchers could comment on this. Kevin? Robert? Bueller?
    Last edited by Ou Ji; 11-27-2005 at 03:23 PM.
    What happens in Gong Sao stays in Gong Sao.

"And then my Qi exploded, all over the bathroom" - name witheld

Smile Hi Ou Ji and All,

Here's a thread on the Mantis Quarterly forum concerning the names of the various styles and lineages of praying mantis.

http://www.mantisquarterly.com/forum...read.php?t=361

Personally, the whole idea that Tanglang came from Shaolin is because of what was written in the introduction of "Shaolin Yibol Zhenchuan" (Shaolin Authentics) by a native of Shandong - Shengxiao Daoren (mid 1700 CE) who said that it's based on Shaolin Monk Fu Ju's work - Luohan Xing Gong Duan Da (Arhat Short Strike). He also said that his student took the original copy from him and he had to rewrite and edit (with addition from him) to make another copy. Scholars in Mainland are inclined to believe that Louhan Xing Gong Duan Da is rather a folk martial arts indigenous to Shandong. Fan Xu Dong apparently gave his disciples copys of Shaolin Yibol Zhenchuan. This is also one of the reasons why some people coined the term "Louhan Tanglang" as an alias of Qixing Tanglang IMHO.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Last edited by mantis108; 11-27-2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

can someone upload this vid again please really want to see it thnx

I now have broadband so it's much easier for me to share the file. I just uploaded it to: http://www.uploading.com/?get=D7ZCI6ZN

sweet this is awsome ty

12. Also posted on Google Video

A bit easier to find this here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38696674864516

Cheers,

TechMantis

From what i gather Jefff Hughes studied under R Fogg who was 7 Star. Carl Albright and R Fogg, And Jeff Hughes are all tied into together. Could be wrong.. It would be nice to see more wah lum, everyone acts like it so close guarded. Rad

Hang tight and I'll put something up. I'm far from the best but at least you can get a glimpse.

BTW, I believe Raymong Fogg was a head instructor in Wah Lum way back before my time.

EDIT: Ok, check the Mantis Videos thread. Sorry I'm not a better performer but I'm in panic mode whenever I perform for a crowd.
    Last edited by Yao Sing; 09-01-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Only half this vid is on you tube. Where is part 2.
    [