Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sifu Edmund Ng??????

From what I remember he didn't change it because of Jeong Yim but rather another student named Lee Yau or Lee Yan. I am not sure his kung fu looks like fut san's either as Chan Yong Fa's kung fu is quite different from that of Fut San.

I think Kong Moon's CLF comes from Chan Yan or Chan Kau (one was the father the other the son), who was a student of Chan Hueng.

Blog Entries
    lee yan is a jeong yim student.

lee yan is the lineage of the Singapore hung sing. I did say that because of what jeong yim and the disciples were doing in the revolution though.

About looking like whoever, if any of koon paks sets start out in the "L" pattern, then it is related to fut san.

and the edmund ng schools is koon paks lineage but have all the characteristics of the hung sing and buk sing lineages.

yeah, but kong moon teaches different choy lee fut than the chan family regardless if they are that close. stuff in kong moon is not taught in the chan family.

but it's all good.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quite a bit of the Kong Moon stuff is considered Heroic Victory Hung Sing as Chan Koon Pak taught there. Chan Cheong Mo is considered Heroic Victory. It is not uncommon for CLF to morph in different areas and it is to be expected. I think Kong Moon is more of a different area of CLF not necessarily a different branch.

There are a variety of differences in lines from Chan Koon Pak as can be easily seen from Chan Yong Fa to Lee Koon Hung to Edmund Ng.

Not having seen enough of Chan Yong Fa's CLF I am not sure about the different hoi jongs; however a long time ago I was emailing Howard Choy and he mentioned they had a variety of different openings so I am not sure if the L-shape is exclusive to Jeong Yim but rather what his branch is known for.

Blog Entries
    clfnole,

I've seen and researched a lot of Chan Family sets, and never have I seen one (from them) that starts in that L pattern. they always start right where they are and go straight out.

ALL Hung Sings around the world (that have deep connections to fut san) will agree that chan family CLF doesn't use that L pattern. If they did then i may be jeong yim's stuff.

From what I've been recently told was that Chan Yiu Chi often went to fut san and worked with Jeong Yim's people. I think they shared gung fu as well. Yiu Chi I heard learned some of the Fut San stuff.

anyways, if you were to put up a comparison from all the branches it would be easy to tell who is chan family choy lee fut, and who is hung sing/buksing. I'm not talking about hybrid CLF, i'm talking about CLF that is exclusive to one branch or the other.

The thing is I am not sure there is any "pure" CLF from any branch. Back then they all seemed to share with each other and it was just CLF not all the political bull sheet we have now. I think they would go to someone well known for certain techniques and they in turn would go to someone else was good at something else.

I remember reading about training with wooden dummies and Tam Sam being there along with Chan Koon Pak, Ho Ngau and others.

Sounds like good times if you ask me.

Blog Entries
    no you're right.

I am sure they all learned something from one another back then.

Pure, nah, but who cares about pure anymore. CLF is CLF.

I can admit that each and every school i've come across has had some type of influence on my own training.

That's why i am doing what i can to promote the whole CLF lineage now.

Studying lines from Chan Koon Pak, Chan On Pak, Chan Kau and Jeong Yim, I would say that in terms of forms and technique the first three have much more in common than the Jeong Yim line, and in terms of flavour the Chan Koon Pak stuff is the one furthest away from Jeong Yim's Futsan Hung Sing.
    However, I must agree that Edmund Ng's stuff has a huge Bak Sing flavour, which is pretty cool.
    BTW, some of the Chan On Pak/Chan Kau forms have an L shaped opening.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Just watched the vid, and that looks like a Bak Sing opening.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.

actually the branches didnt all get along that well in the past

tarm sam calling his style buk sing choy lay fut got other clf practioners hella mad, not that he cared, he juss charp anyone that spoke didnt show him respect and acknowledgement
    the great debate on why its wrong to call our branch buk sing choy lay fut, the correct way now is choy lay fut buk sing/choy lay fut buk sing gwoon started after his death and the only ppl that were allowed put words infront of CLF were the hung sing ppl(jeung hung sing).

im talkin bout branch rivalry as a whole, not individuals
    individuals of hung sung and buk sing did get along, but wen it came to politics, they took their sides.

nowadays its only internet talk, back then it was the real deal fights in guangzhou
    Last edited by chasincharpchui; 09-02-2006 at 02:38 AM.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Chasincharpchui
    I agree that the various branches didn’t all get along that well in the past, but some individuals did get on irrespective of branch or lineage.

Frank
    Like CLFnole I haven’t seen enough of chan yong fa's CLF or even fut san CLF
    But I have seen forms from another heroic victory branch mui fa, sup ji & dit jin kuen which were practically identical to our firms.

The sup ji form for example the only difference in the form was that we do a sequence with a right back fist bien choi, left downward tiger claw, right deng sao choi, right biu jong.
    The other branch does the following sequence of right back fist bien choi. right deng sao choi, right back fist bien choi, left cup choi, right yung chap choi.
    Apart from that sequence the forms are practically identical.

sifu philip ng’s lineage is even closer to ours than the other heroic victory school & I would love to see their forms just for further comparison.

Heres how you can save any you tube or google videos.

Go to this site:
    http://www.videodl.org/

Then copy and paste the video link url into the block that say " get it" and click the button. It will search for a while, and once its doen, It will show a new button " Download link". Right click, and save as ...
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )