View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 229 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1291792192272282292302312392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    lung you are a bitter man lol

all we do is stances lol

in our warmups in our training in our forms in our sparring in everything we work stances

next assumed idea please.

or better yet quit pretending to know and go see a class.
    You know, I'll NEVER go see one of your classes. After talking to you it's obvious you're clueless. I've been to USSD, Temple Kung Fu, Oom Young Doe. It's obvious you're just another chain school.

2. Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    You know, I'll NEVER go see one of your classes. After talking to you it's obvious you're clueless. I've been to USSD, Temple Kung Fu, Oom Young Doe. It's obvious you're just another chain school.

and i knew you would never go see a class. you are to happy being wrapped in your assumptions to want to see it for yourself.

keep calling us chain schools lol

we wont take the bait. you need to relax man.

when im up in seattle for the next masters festival i would be happy to meet in a park and demonstrate our stuff for you.

and i knew you would never go see a class. you are to happy being wrapped in your assumptions to want to see it for yourself.

keep calling us chain schools lol

we wont take the bait. you need to relax man.

when im up in seattle for the next masters festival i would be happy to meet in a park and demonstrate our stuff for you.

It's okay. Whenever I need my chain-school fix I go visit the local USSD which is only 2 blocks away.

4. have fun then

but ill still post on here when ill be up there if you ever want to actually see what you dont know

I've been to taiji schools. Yang Family taiji headquarters is in my town. I've been to xingyi schools. I've been to bagua schools. I've been to Hung Gar schools.

I don't need to go to Shaolin-Do.

I barely got out of Temple Kung-Fu alive. I don't want to go through that debacle again.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    I have trained in Okinawan and Japanese Karate for greater than 13 years as well as aikido and Ju Jitsu and I assure you SD is not Karate ...
    Ok, then maybe you can offer an explanation why it's performed like Karate.

... the transmission of power and Philosophy of movement is in no way similar ...
    So why does it look so similar to anyone with any MA training? You guys seem to see something that nobody outside your group seems to see. And why is it such an insult to you guys to be compared to Karate?

I trained under Nishiyama Okazaki and others as well as Uchi Deshi Of Morehei Usheba founder of Aikido now why dont you open your mind and admit you havent seen it all and dont know everything KC
    That's not hard to admit, I haven't seen it all and I don't know everything. The thing is I never made either of those claims so why did you bother to say that?

7. then i would be honored if you would meet up and exchange ideas. let me kow what im missing.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    What, are you saying you're the hairy guy in the photo?
    Uhmmm rumor is something basically unsubstantiated.

The hairy guy existed so, that doesn't qualify as a rumor.

then i would be honored if you would meet up and exchange ideas. let me kow what im missing.
    We don't need to meet up ... there's something called Youtube now.

Mas Oyama, Karate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteS-NxwXsA

Cheng Man Ching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqLxMPIVAlo

Dai Xingyi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrrolaThc8

Bagua:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwEuTHsDKM

Adam Hsu Bagua:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1CK...elated&search=

Liu Jingru Bagua:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOG6q...elated&search=

10. the yang tai chi is nearly exactly how we do it...little less stop and go though although chen is awesome to watch. i actually find his sticky hand sparring clips more informational as far as content

the sparring in the karate clip was rough to say the least...we guard ourselves much better than that but i do see where our 1 step practices could be confused with karate..very linear movements.

the dai hsing yi clip was interesting...do you believe that is good hsing yi or just ok? to me he looked to be off center...his balance was forward and there was no rooting. thats an interesting style of hsing yi.....

the adam pa kua clip looked a lot like what we do. do you know the roots of that particualr style of pa kua?

what style was liu demoing? he didnt seem to be coiled at all and his circle was all over the place...is that what the form was supposed to be like? it looked almost snake like but i havent seen snake pa kua so i cant tell for sure

the jiang style pa kua was ok..his circle was more an oval.

maybe we do learn pa kua wrong. we do our pa kua in exact circles (or try to anyways lol) certainly we contain our stepping better than what those clips showed

[QUOTE=lunghushan;705350]I've been to taiji schools. Yang Family taiji headquarters is in my town. I've been to xingyi schools. I've been to bagua schools. I've been to Hung Gar schools.

I barely got out of Temple Kung-Fu alive. I don't want to go through that debacle again.[/QUO

Seems nobody can please you ...we're not asking you to come to Shaolin Do....just responding to your slams of something you really know nothing of.....we're only offering to show you the real thing in person....which from what I see above wouldn't matter anyway.

If your ever in Lexington stop by the SD school and I'll show you all the Tai Chi ( Yang or Chen ) Baqua, And Hsing I you want to see....I'm not just talking forms, we can push hands incorporating point strikes, chin na and sweeps.....discuss applications, the classic's , silk reeling, fa jing, proper biomechanics for power generation and to prevent stinging knees & joint damage when doing postures and a whole lot more......you can even join in the class......plus I promise you that you will leave alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post

Seems nobody can please you ...we're not asking you to come to Shaolin Do....just responding to your slams of something you really know nothing of.....we're only offering to show you the real thing in person....which from what I see above wouldn't matter anyway.

If your ever in Lexington stop by the SD school and I'll show you all the Tai Chi ( Yang or Chen ) Baqua, And Hsing I you want to see....I'm not just talking forms, we can push hands incorporating point strikes, chin na and sweeps.....discuss applications, the classic's , silk reeling, fa jing, proper biomechanics for power generation and to prevent stinging knees & joint damage when doing postures and a whole lot more......you can even join in the class......plus I promise you that you will leave alive.
    Lexington ... Kentucky? I don't think I will ever be in Kentucky.

Well if you know everything, then fine ... I'm not trying to slam you, I just don't believe it's humanly possible. I'm not going to go to Kentucky to find out, though.

Bottom line is ... I don't believe it ... if it makes you feel better I'll go visit Sarah's school in Seattle. But I'm not expecting anything better than USSD.

[QUOTE=Baqualin;705379]
    I've been to taiji schools. Yang Family taiji headquarters is in my town. I've been to xingyi schools. I've been to bagua schools. I've been to Hung Gar schools.

I barely got out of Temple Kung-Fu alive. I don't want to go through that debacle again.[/QUO

Does Temple Kung Fu have a website????
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Lexington ... Kentucky? I don't think I will ever be in Kentucky.

Well if you know everything, then fine ... I'm not trying to slam you, I just don't believe it's humanly possible. I'm not going to go to Kentucky to find out, though.

Bottom line is ... I don't believe it ... if it makes you feel better I'll go visit Sarah's school in Seattle. But I'm not expecting anything better than USSD.
    I never said I know everything and no one that I know in SD is claiming to master everything, I only study the internal side of SD now and wanted you to see that SD is lush with very knowledgeable and varied martial artist with a lot of choices on the direction of study........SD is not for everybody and we have our politic's, but we're not a franchise school...every school is different and this can also be a problem when there's no standardization in training methods, so there's bad SD schools out there, but the majority are very good...there's more to us than you realize.

I watched your video list...the cheng man ching form is our 64 form we just do it slower in a very meditative way and with lower postures ( I'm sure he did too when he was younger).
    Cheng was one of the last great tai chi masters...his chi level was very high.

The Jiang Baqua form is our entry level form...he only did one side of the sections shown- I posted the lineage for this in an earlier post. He has very nice form

The Dai Hsing I, I didn't like at all I agree with kung fu junky.....that much weight foward is asking for trouble.

the other Hsingi clips were really good...very close to what we do....I really liked Beng Quan - Wood

Adam Hsu always awesome

Once again I'm not trying to win you over to SD....we're just really good people and would rather share than throw s^^*%& at each other. Look around the threads we like to dicuss and learn not slam styles. we get enough of that on us.

WTF is a Citong Sifu or Citung Shaolin???