Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bjj vs judo

Grappling-Insanity Guest
    Califlower ear is when the fluids in your ear build up from constant rubbing on the ground. The end result is your ears kina puff out and you get the disfigured type look :( .

GinSueDog Guest
    Martial Joe,
    It is when the ear swells with fuild and becomes mis-shapened. Normally if you drain the ear right away you can prevent it from becoming too bad, but that isn't always the case. Even if drained right away, you may have to drain it more then once and the fuild will harden creating the cauliflower ear appearence. Some BJJ guys try to develop cauliflower ear on purpose and others wear it as a badge of honor so to speak. When you show up to your first BJJ class you will see first hand what I am talking about.-ED

"Ninjas are not dangerous. They are more afraid of you than you are of them." --The Tick

Tainan Mantis Guest

Thank you Ryu,

for an educational answer.
    This brings up the question, what is NEWAZA?
    Also, I'm doing a lot of throws in kung fu now. How many throws can most people take per day before over training sets in? I don't mean newbies, but healthy 3+ years of training without quitting in between?
    For example: if I get thrown 30 times today I don't want to get thrown again for a couple of days.