Thread: Chicago Classes

Chicago Classes

Well, I've moved to the Windy City, and have some folks talking me into starting a class - most likely in the near northwest side of the city - I'm going to meet with the people who own the facility today...

If anyone might be interested in playing KunTao, drop me a PM, and I'll get you the info. KFOers (or is it KFMers) have proven to be great folks, so I figured I'd start here.

For references, you can hit up Seven Star, Fajing or Water Dragon... they've all met or trained with me.

For more info on KunTao Silat, go to www.kuntaosilat.com. I'll have my own web site up sometime next week.

I won't be teaching Shuai Chiao for at least a year - I'm recovering from a knee injury. *sigh*
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

North west side? Like near Grand and Harlem ave?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

you moved back? d@mn... I'm gonna be in nap on monday, but only for one day, so I won't have time...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SS - time for a meal?
    --- Napoleon

"You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Well, I've moved to the Windy City, and have some folks talking me into starting a class - most likely in the near northwest side of the city - I'm going to meet with the people who own the facility today...

If anyone might be interested in playing KunTao, drop me a PM, and I'll get you the info. KFOers (or is it KFMers) have proven to be great folks, so I figured I'd start here.

For references, you can hit up Seven Star, Fajing or Water Dragon... they've all met or trained with me.

For more info on KunTao Silat, go to www.kuntaosilat.com. I'll have my own web site up sometime next week.

I won't be teaching Shuai Chiao for at least a year - I'm recovering from a knee injury. *sigh*

Cool!
    Is that invite open to your neighbors across the Northern border?

Just bring me some of those brats from the brat-stop in Kenosha (does it still exist?)

-- Anybody is welcome, if you don't mind the commute. Just pop me a PM.

RD - What's at Grand & Harlem?
    --- Napoleon

Hi Joe,
    My PM box is open now. Please send me your phone # and e-mail. Another long time local guy is working feverishly to find us a home to practice in, and we may get started before we have a 'spot' just so we can have enough guys to cover the nut on any indoor space.

Look forward to meeting you.
    --- Napoleon

Talking Like I said, (in case you missed it)

I am sooo tempted. But I gotta talk with you about that location deal. Maybe you'd be interested in sharing the space?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Grand And Harlem is a well known intersection on the east side of Elmwood Pk. It's on the North West side of Chicago where Chicago meets Elmwood pk
    Or 7200 west, and 2500 north
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Well, I must be dense, as I don't get it... well known by who?
    --- Napoleon

Chicagoans...the mob? I don't know, I've never met anyone who didn't know that intersection before.

Instead of going that route, what's your deffinition of the North West side? What hundred block north, and west is your facility going to be in?

Better yet, what is the closest major intersection, or address? I'm just curious to see how close it is to my old stomping grounds...which would be the Grand and Harlem ave. area.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 10-04-2005 at 04:33 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Dude, I know Grand and Harlem exists - I worked near there once. My question s what is the significance? What's there to make it special? If it's just an intersection, why is it better than Milwaukee and Ashland? or Madison and Wabash? or Lawrence and Broadway? Am I just being dense here?
    --- Napoleon

Never mind...

For the Women:

+ = & a

Lawrence & Broadway. Not too far from Little Vietnam on Argyle. No martial arts schoos there though. It's all private lessons through knowing someone.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man