Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
1) As I understand it:

2) Is LBC a form in Longfist?
Yes

3) Is it the first form?
Depends on weather you consider tan tui forms or exercises. It's the first long form.

4) Why was this one form determined to have great potential as a modern combative method for soldiers?
This is a hybrid form that contains knowledge from many of the styles that contributed to the nanking central kou shu institutes long fist style. It's said to be a hundred year old form with a thousand years of knowledge in it.

5) Is this a new form?
See above

6) Why does it apparently vary so much from instructor to instructor if it is "new"?
many styles adopted this form but adapted cetain stances or techniques so it would be a better foundation form for the style they were bringing it in to.

7) Are the other forms in Longfist "new"?
Depends on which style of long fist you're asking about. The nanking Central Koushu stuff has some pure long fist and some hybrid stuff in it.

8) Is Longfist the same thing as Changchuan?
Yes, it's the English translation of changchuan

9) What styles contributed to the creation of Longfist?
Again it depends on what chang chuan you're asking about. Sung Tai Tzu was said to have traveled northern China seeking knowledge from the best martial artist he could find. He created Tai Tzu Chuan , the first large kung fu system, from that knowledge. Before that most kung fu styles were small systems with a hand full of techniques focused in one area. Most of those styles are now gone and were never famous. Somebody else may know the name of a few but I don't. There were other traditional long fist systems aswell such as cha chuan but I can't name them all or dtail their history. The Nanking program contains some tai tzu, bei shaolin, shaolin nature division, cha chuan, eagle claw, tan tui, tang lang and even contains some internal elements from tai chi, hsing yi and bagua.