Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Southern Praying Mantis Teachers in NYC

durian Guest

A credit

Tom, you are a true gentleman; a credit to your sifu and the wing chun style. If only more folks were as even-keeled as you are...

fgxpanzerz Guest

bak mei

I dont remember specifically badmouthing any high level sifus in particular. If I did, oops, sorry. However, I do remember posting a question about if certain sifus lead u around and make u pay a lot without teaching u d*ck. I know a guy who was given the runaround by Chan Bong. That's where I get my info from. By the way, just cuz people do well at the tournament, it doesnt mean they are necessarily skilled. The judges are biast toward their own school. It's a known fact.

To the guy who was bragging about putting people in the hospital with his pheonix eye fist:

I'm sure yor really really dangerous. But who cares. Once, I got hit by a car. The ambulance rushed me to the hospital but when I got there I found out my time and money was being wasted cause there was nothing wrong with me. Could this have not been the case with those people u sent to the hospital with yor dreaded Phoenix eye fist? haha. If u respond to this then my point will have been proven.

fukien Guest

And all the Sinners, Saints?

A great many people are blinded by those who use the term "sifu" before thier names,

It means TEACHER.

It does NOT mean...enlightened, honest, caring, law-abiding, teetotaller, non-gambler or better person.

Never has, never will.

Please do not reply about the mythological pious trancendental Masters and all that crap.

Hakka Arts are for KILLING.g

BIU JI Guest

fxpimpgimp

What is your point exactly? Now you got hit by a car and survived, first it was "I'm so amazing I survived a dreaded phoenix eye " and now it's automobiles. Next you'll tell us you're the jung shee of some secret iron body system and it's all part of you tests. I'll be impressed when you stand in front of a train. What was it a match box car!!
    Are you sure you study gung fu or you just look at the pretty pictures?! Fool! :eek:

David Guest

Um, don't mean to intrude on this cosy chat, but...

Biu Ji, I can now reveal you are Mr T out of the A-Team children's tv series:

"Are you sure you study gung fu or you just look at the pretty pictures?! Fool! :eek: "

Only Mr T would say that. And, checking your profile, it says you're male so that proves it.
    :D

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
    -- Hong Kong Phooey

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    Fukien, thanks, I was getting tired of reminding it every time!

fukien Guest

No time to contemplate

The Hakka people didn't have time to contemplate life on the mountaintop, they had to survive.

They had to fight starvation, poverty, predudice and all of thier fellow Chinese who hated them.

The Hakka arts were also called "Black Arts" because they wer e, in effect, dirty fighting.

And the Hakka themselves were no angels either.

It is really sad the way Americans swallow the crap that anyone who calls themself "Sifu" puts down thier throats.

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    You're a Hakka aren't you?
    Just wondering, you speak like...you speak like someone dear to my heart when she would feel blue and tell me her story...

fiercest tiger Guest

i pitty da fool!

i like MR T!

gold chains and sh!t... ;)

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

I really recommend Norman Chin to anybody who wants to learn southern mantis.....everybody seems to be talking a lot of bad stuff about him but they wouldnt know because they never trained with him.....I have been training with him for a while and if you are dedicated enough then he will teach you what you deserve.........and no, he doesnt charge several hundred extra dollars to learn sam bo jin. And no, Norman Chin is not cheap with money. And no, he is not commercial.............he happens to be very traditional. Dont believe what all the other people are saying......they never trained with him and if they did, they would most likely regret what they said. So give his class a try if your interested. And also.....there are several students who have been with him for over ten years.

SPMKF

Dont believe what these fake people are saying
    Last edited by spmkf; 11-10-2006 at 07:05 AM.

I know a couple of good SPM sifus in NYC area. One friend of mine just got appointed to teach at the Chinese Mason Assoc, he is the first non-Asian in history to be given this honor!!!PM me if any are interested.

Jook Lum Teacher

James Cama Sifu of the New York ChineseFreeMasons Athletic Club is excepting inquiries for training in Traditional Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai of Grand Master Lam Sang's Lineage. Email him at JCama108@aol.com

Gate Fees

I really recommend Norman Chin to anybody who wants to learn southern mantis.....everybody seems to be talking a lot of bad stuff about him but they wouldnt know because they never trained with him.....

How much does he charge for "First Gate" these days?

I have been training with him for a while and if you are dedicated enough then he will teach you what you deserve.........and no, he doesnt charge several hundred extra dollars to learn sam bo jin.

Thats right. First you learn a bunch of Hung Gar then SBJ, on to 18 Points and THEN its many hundred dollars for the "First Gate".

Hey, its your time and money.

Have a nice day.

-jo

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    gwok-si, gwok-faht
    I have always been told that styles like SPM and Bak Me were "finishing sty;es" one Bak Me Sifu is quoted with saying, "We don't teach students, we teach Sifus."
    I can tell you this: My Hung Kuen training made a big difference in me being able toabsorb the system and understand the power development. Using the short power of SPM is understandable to those who have developed whole body power. As one Sifu has told me, Hung Kuen develops the entire power chain and Jook Lum deals with the last link, but you still need the entire development. Mark Foon trained in Bak Hok P'ai and Hung Kuen before learning Jook Lum, and Sifu Chin teaching Hung Kuen and Tai Gik Kuen before Sam Bo Gin, is a prefect succession in development. Those who are spoiled children and feel that they should learn what they want, wnen they want it, have already shown why they have been taught what they have been taught. If you haven't gotten anywhere in the system, you canlook in two places; your Sifu, and yourselves.
    Where are you looking?
    Last edited by TenTigers; 11-12-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Thumbs up

Cool words Ten Tigers.

Peter Pena