Thread: Front Thrust and Side THurst kick help

Front Thrust and Side THurst kick help

I have no probelms performing any of the kicks, but it seems my leg strength may be the problem. When doing a side thrust, I can chamber and kick perfectly, but for exercise and training I can not hold out my leg (so kick and hold my leg in that position)

What is the best way to exrecise and improve leg strength?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    holding out the kick takes two things-flexibility, and time. As your flexibility improves, your antagonistic muscle groups will be relaxed and you will be able to hold the kick. Also the strength to do this as well takes time. Try holding for two seconds, then three...etc
    Squats,and deadl;ifts have helped me to develop my power tremendously.SPower cleans as well. Core power rather than bodybuilding beach muscles.

Kicking over a chair is an excellent way to produce speed and form for these kicks. Also make sure you are rolling your hips into them. Front thrust you should use the ball of the foot or heel and extend your hips forward as you kick. Side thrust you should use your heel and roll your hips over into the kick. This adds tremendous power. I also suggest using a heavy bag or focus shield. Hope that helps.