Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kimbo fights

sean gannon pretty much beat him

that guy looked like he just did a megaset of bench before coming out
    he wasn't relaxed at all
    probably never had a real fight in his life
    for as big as he was he was punching like a little girl

good head movement & counterpunching by kimbo, he'd probably be a pretty good club fighter in boxing
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

"click here to download plugin"

DAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!

Anyways any other sites maybe like youtube I can find the video? I've seen two of his fights, does he have any boxing/MA history? Think anyone can make a list of his fights (urls)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    It does seem that Sean cheated though.

http://www.vidiac.com/video/F12AD660...26E548ED01.htm
    Always learning

that's why I said "pretty much".
    I've seen the argument from gannon's camp and i can't argue with it.
    truth of the matter is that they both pulled some questionable tactics and in the end kimbo didn't have the conditioning to continue the fight...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by syn View Post
    "click here to download plugin"

DAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!

Anyways any other sites maybe like youtube I can find the video? I've seen two of his fights, does he have any boxing/MA history? Think anyone can make a list of his fights (urls)?
    First of all, if you are on Firefox, why don't you have the "MediaPlayer Connectivity" add-on in stalled? Then the video could be launched outside of the browser window in the media player of your choice.

Second of all....duh....there's a direct link to download the video. It's right below the empty box where the video should be and is labeled "download link".

But here's the download address anyways:

http://pandachute.com/uploads/videos/200.wmv

they're upping the production...got intro music now. what i want to know is how these guys get so big...6'1" 240 (white guy)? I dont know if that is right or not...looked more lie 215 to me, anyway i cant get over 180 to save my life...no matter how much i eat. kimbo was putting some mustard on some of those shots and laying in more body shots than i've seen him take...i think he's getting better...more patient.
    ________
    Cancer - Breast Advice
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:11 AM.

when i break 240 at 5'10~5'11, nobody ever guesses that my weight is within 15 pounds of that.

i think our concept of weight is a little skewed when most athletes we see on tv in a given weight class are actually several weight classes higher, properly hydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkwoon View Post
    It does seem that Sean cheated though.

http://www.vidiac.com/video/F12AD660...26E548ED01.htm
    Sean did not cheat. He beat him fair and square and if the rules weren't so very limitted, Sean would have lit him up like a X-mas tree pretty quick.

Didn't Gannon go on to take a beating in the UFC or am I thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by mantiskilla View Post
    what i want to know is how these guys get so big...6'1" 240 (white guy)? I dont know if that is right or not...looked more lie 215 to me, anyway i cant get over 180 to save my life...no matter how much i eat.
    Shhh, 'roids.

i think our concept of weight is a little skewed when most athletes we see on tv in a given weight class are actually several weight classes higher, properly hydrated.
    Ha ha, dehydrated athletes. Just add water and the fight is on. Sounds like a neat action figure toy for kids.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

**** Pork Chop...you're juicing? That's what yao sing says at least.
    ________
    Uggs
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:11 AM.

For all that white guy's mass, he couldn't produce power to hurt the man he's fighting... that never turns out good. His punching was disconnected, nothing behind it.

[QUOTE=Yao Sing;726852]Didn't Gannon go on to take a beating in the UFC or am I thinking of someone else?

yes, it was him, he lost to branden lee hinkle at ufc 55 , dana white brought him in due to the popularity of the kimbo fight. if you noticed gannon was pretty battered after the fight, kimbo might have lost due to exhaustion, but didnt lose to getting beaten. it looked like gannon lost that fight, even though he won.

my juice is 100% grease....
    when you're on a diet of pizza and beer, 250's nothing...

actually, i was on ritalin from 6 to 18
    when i got off it, my metabolism pretty much shut down
    gained 100 pounds in college

if i don't workout i pack on weight quick-like
    i can kinda counteract things & lose weight with diet pills, but they always have nasty side effects

i got a thyroid test at one point that said my metabolism was normal, but i was on Hot Rox from Biotest at the time- which is supposed to increase T3 levels; so i would guess my hormone levels are probably below average regardless.

a guy from my gym, Shug, is shorter than me by an inch or two and is still in the low 250s, high 240s (i've been around 230 lately). I don't think he looks as big as that white dude either.

if you've always had heavy labor jobs, eat a lot of meat, rest enough, and lift religiously, you're probably going to be larger than the average guy; however i wouldn't be suprised to find out either of those guys had roided.

[QUOTE=hjt;726867]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    ... but didnt lose to getting beaten. it looked like gannon lost that fight, even though he won.
    see, gannon was supposed to be some Massachusettes state golden gloves champ, but his boxing looked terrible in that vid. Then again, heavyweight boxing is rarely a hotbed for skilled individuals. I know some lower level pros & some amateurs that would give Kimbo a run for his money though.

Video clips don't play right on my laptop so I'm just getting to see the clip now.

What the hell was that crap? That white guy can't fight to save his life. He wasn't even looking at where he was hitting and he hits like a girl (sorry ladies, I meant a girl with no training) plus he gives up before it's over because he got a nose bleed.

I think Kimbo would get chewed up in the ring. I think he knows that too, which is why he fights bodybuilders instead of fighters.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.