Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanRyuujin View Post
Hello all,

I have a question about the external empty hand forms taught in Wah Lum today. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the following forms (I have seen the first two mentioned in threads before):

6th Form
Luck Low
So Lo Sow
18 Kicks
18 Locking Hands
Six corners
Tin Fong Fingers
Tong Long Juk Dung

These are from Pui Chan's 1983 Curriculum (signed and dated by Pui Chan) of which I was recently given a copy of by my retired instructor. He studied for 15 years under Yao Li (one of Chan's Chief Instructors when Chan was in Boston and for a short time when he moved to florida) around that time before and durring the "parting of ways" between Yao and Chan. I was surprised to see how many forms are on the list considering I currently train and teach 20 External open hand forms, not to count the many weapon forms from the system... I am looking to pick up these missing forms and any information would be greatly appreciated. It is my understanding from talking with Yao that he does not teach in his current curriculum many of the mantis forms from the "old days", although one of these days I would still love to make it out to Boston to train with him.

I have thought about a trip to the temple, but am unsure as to how that would be recieved as I did meet one Wah Lum student who was less then polite about what he termed, "Renegades " or those who broke off from Pui Chan. Not to mention as I am in the southwest that would be an expensive trip... anyways enough of the long thread...

Anyone know if those forms are still taught or anyone know them?
since when did you talked to yao?