Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

When did Chicoine first open his p0rn shop? Inquiring minds want to know.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

This has to be the best topic on this forum.... Very entertaining. I will have to check back and see if you guys start talking about teleporting from one place to another, or even levitating

No need to check back, we'll contact you telepathically when that discussion starts.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by RAF View Post
    Adam Hsu was partially responsible for getting Gene Chicoine to Taiwan.
    If you dont mind me asking who is Adam Hsu, I know I have heard the name before but I dont know much about him.

FWIW, Richard Pitts, at the time I mentioned in the previous post, was extremely respectful of Femon Ong and said nothing bad about him.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

"Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

7. RAF wrote:
    I saw Richard Pitts before he went to prison for the last time---FWIW, he didn't have many pleasant things to say about Chicoine and would even comment on Allen. Richard also told me that he had trained directly under Femon for a short time because of what happened between him an Chicoine.

RAF,
    Thanks for the added info. Richard had never mentioned his direct training with Feemon to me. As far as Chicoine, Richard told me that Chicoine had given him an herbal formula that had almost killed him.
    Something kind of ironic, the deputy sheriff that transported Richard to prison the last time was a past Hop Sing student decades ago (and my past brother-in-law). Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, I just thought that it was ironic.

BTW, anyone else ever hear the rumor of Ong's top students trying to resurrect his dead body with acupuncture and herbs? Akron has some INTERESTING stories/rumors!

Ving Sing,
    Everyone knows that TRUE TCMA practitioners only levitate in months starting with J.

RAF,
    It was good to see you again at Tony's last tourney!
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 01-03-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Ong, Pitts, Chicoine...

I've always heard that they were awesome fighters, so SOMETHING about the training in the Akron area must be working!

As for blowing out candles thru walls...well...call myth busters. Let Knife Fighter cup his hands around the flame just to be sure there's nothing funny going on. When the flame goes out, the ultimate TCMA skeptic will finally throw away his autographed Royce Gracie bobble head doll.

Always a Smart ASS ON FORUMS...

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    ............oh brother............................
    http://www.ninedragonbaguazhang.com/drp.htm

Read, Study and learn smart ass.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    As for blowing out candles thru walls...well...call myth busters. Let Knife Fighter cup his hands around the flame just to be sure there's nothing funny going on. When the flame goes out, the ultimate TCMA skeptic will finally throw away his autographed Royce Gracie bobble head doll.
    Considering the fact that my brother is a professional magician and can do all of what the mystical CMA "grandmasters" claim they can do, plus more, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    RAF wrote:
    I saw Richard Pitts before he went to prison for the last time---FWIW, he didn't have many pleasant things to say about Chicoine and would even comment on Allen. Richard also told me that he had trained directly under Femon for a short time because of what happened between him an Chicoine.

RAF,
    Thanks for the added info. Richard had never mentioned his direct training with Feemon to me. As far as Chicoine, Richard told me that Chicoine had given him an herbal formula that had almost killed him.Something kind of ironic, the deputy sheriff that transported Richard to prison the last time was a past Hop Sing student decades ago (and my past brother-in-law). Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, I just thought that it was ironic.

BTW, anyone else ever hear the rumor of Ong's top students trying to resurrect his dead body with acupuncture and herbs? Akron has some INTERESTING stories/rumors!

Ving Sing,
    Everyone knows that TRUE TCMA practitioners only levitate in months starting with J.

RAF,
    It was good to see you again at Tony's last tourney!
    Richard, yes that is why Richard Pitts told me he got to train under Femon---the result of the poisoning.

I know the secretary who worked at the coroner's office at that time---indeed they did try to use herbs to resurrect Femon Ong but they of course were stopped from doing it.

Hope to see you next year too!

Post Mogadore

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Was anyone else around when Gene Chicoine's kwoon was a church building and the school was called Hop Sing? That was before the Chicoine/Ong breakup.
    Yep...it was beind the Dairy Queen in Mogadore.. a real rural small town just outside of Akron.

It was there during the 1970.s..he began to send his students to Bars to "test" their fighitng skills on untrained drunks.

Master Ong told him to stop....this is one of the controversies that began to brew betwen them.

I remember Chicione's reputation as a bad-ass began to really grow then.
    Did I mention he was kicked off the Police Department for excessive force
    ( among other things)? And remember,,,,,this was the 1970's when excessive Force was not common among Police.

F.Y.I Interestingly enough, Master Ong was working as a Balif for the Akron Court System at the time...he was asked to teach the other Balifs and Police Officers how he was able to so easily remove criminals from the Courtroom who had become too violent or were cursing at the Judge,...he was happy to spend his own time doing so.

Later ...Chicoine was asked to teach prisoner control technigues to the Tiawan Police Force
    Which I believe he is still involved with.

JD
    Last edited by JDK; 01-04-2007 at 03:45 AM.

Simplicity

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    That's brilliant! probably one of the best sayings I've heard.
    I thought so too Knifefighter.
    But that is the simple direct teaching and thinking that Master Chang had.

You can plenty about Chang's life...and how he remained robust and healthy right up to his death.

Chicione, Ong, Allen and the rest KNEW Chang had spent his life traveling , absorbing the best techiques from hundreds of Styles..and that in no-hold-barred-matches in China ( even more brutal and with no rules that today's UFC) Chang had never been beaten.

At age 65....the above mentioned men feared him...and rightfully so.

He was one in a million....

JD

Find Out Yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Considering the fact that my brother is a professional magician and can do all of what the mystical CMA "grandmasters" claim they can do, plus more, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Please..I invite you NOT to takem my word for it...study yourself to get to the facts.

Again...it is one's choice to research, study and learn..or listen to rumors, gossip and inuendos.
    I know there are plenty of thieves out there who just want to "mistify" the study of Chi Kung, and seperate us from our money!!!!

I believe however...that Dr Painter is not one of them.

DR. JOHN PAINTER
    Dr. John Painter began training in the Chinese arts of taijiquan, baguazhang, xingyiquan, acupressure, Chinese massotherapy, herbs, traditional weapons, and neigong in 1957 with Li, Long-dao from the Emei mountain region of Sichuan Province. Dr. Painter holds a Ph.D. in naturopathic medicine from Sussex College in England.
    He has been teaching Chinese internal martial arts and qigong for over 30 years. He instructs baguazhang, xingyiquan, qigong and Daoist courses at the Gompa Center in Arlington, Texas. He has been a bodyguard for numerous film and television stars and has appeared in three full-length motion pictures as an actor. Dr. Painter has also been interviewed on national television and magazines like Vogue and National Star, promoting the internal arts. His specialty is baguazhang, a Chinese internal system.

As a captain in the American Rangers Martial Law Enforcement Institute, Dr. Painter instructs law enforcement officers throughout the United States in defensive tactics called PKC (TM) based on baguazhang and xingyiquan. Dr. Painter was elected to the Inside Kung Fu Hall of Fame and was called one of the most sought after Chinese martial arts seminar instructors in America by Black Belt magazine.

After the September 11 tragedy, Dr. Painter became heavily involved with developing special methods for the nation’s security law enforcement agencies and has been recommended to the FAA by the US Marshals service as a trainer for the US Air Marshals programs. Doctor Painter is also a member of the board of advisors for the American Society of Internal Arts.

http://www.ninedragonbaguazhang.com/welcome.html

Quote Originally Posted by RAF View Post
    Richard, yes that is why Richard Pitts told me he got to train under Femon---the result of the poisoning.

I know the secretary who worked at the coroner's office at that time---indeed they did try to use herbs to resurrect Femon Ong but they of course were stopped from doing it.

Hope to see you next year too!

True.
    Except the hebs and acupunture attempts started in Master Ongs Basement where he collapsed.

I cannot verify the poisen story...but I know Feemon had taught Chicone alot of herbal Medicine, many of the ingredients having to be bought from Taiwan or China at the time)...and as most informed internal Artists know...these formulas of herbs can be used for enhancement of health....or can make one sick.

**** Pitts School was on Brittian Road in Akron...and I got to read a copy of his paperback book called White Tiger ( I believe) ..many of the stances and training were directly from Kwan-ying-Do, and he even thanked Master Ong in the forward section of the Book if I remember correctly.

He too was a good fighter......unfortunately drugs became his downfall.

Sad.......

JD