Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Real

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    How about contributing something to a discussion for once, instead of just dissing others?
    Ha! And expose himself for the outright loser that he is?!?!?! It will never happen.

This boy is a mental patient.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Ha! And expose himself for the outright loser that he is?!?!?! It will never happen.

This boy is a mental patient.
    Well you notice he is kindof smart in that way, don't you? He never leaves himself open for attack. He only attacks others.

I have no idea why he's here, though. He must have some interest beyond just attacking others because he could do that anywhere. (Unless he just happened to pick this board for some unknown reason).

You know, unkokusai, I assume you're a pathetic troll.

Well, that's certainly something coming from you...

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Well, that's certainly something coming from you...
    Let's play a little game, unkokusai. How about you tell us your opinion about something? Anything, beyond just attacking people.

Like why do you think that CMA doesn't do well against MMA? And make it, say, 250 words or so. Or even 100 words. Or even 50.

good job

Ha! And expose himself for the outright loser that he is?!?!?! It will never happen. .

You on the other hand have made an art out of exposing yourself for the outright loser that you are.

and THAT is the question...

Like why do you think that CMA doesn't do well against MMA? .

Its not that CMA doesn't do well against MMA, it doesn't do anything against MMA.

unkokusai

You didn't answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    Thank you streetfighter.

It is sad that a 17 year old is the only one brave enough to state the truth.

I was hoping someone would state the truth...[]bWhen The UFC first started somwtime around 1993 it quickly showed the ineptness of most Traditional MA
    when it came to real no-holds-barred fighting.[/b] I thought it would put alot more Karate Schools out of business than it did.

The few TMA fighters that entered the early UFC matches were slaughtered.
    I remember watching one particuliar Tai Kwan Do guy get knocked to the ground in about 45 seconds of the first round....the look of surprise and embarrassment on his bloodied face made me sad. Thankfully the Striker fighting him ended it quickly before the poor guy got seriously injured.

A Hsing I "master' also got knocked out in the first minute of the first round.

Soon....the combination of Gracie's dominance and the obvious failure of TMA
    put an end to the TMA artists or masters even entering the Event.

Alot has changed as the UFC has progressed...the fighters of today would kill the fighters of the early 1990's.

I say this with sadness, because I really hoped a Gene Chicione, John Allen, Don the Dragon Wilson , or Benny the Jet Uriquees would step up and show that TMA was as effective as Octagon Fighters.

But , like everything else....life evolves and changes.

Its like if we were able to have the 1968 Greenbay Packers play last Years Pittsburg Steelers.....can you imagine the outcome ??????

JDK
    So do you believe that the UFC and similar venues are the be-all end-all to fighting? Do you believe that if you don't see it in the UFC, it has to suck? If that's what you believe, how do you account for TMA guys that fought for their life on the streets and what about tournaments, that were far more brutal then the UFC, that TMA guys fought in? What do you make of that?
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-08-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    I had to go back about 5 pages in his post history to find a post that didn't seem like just a one or one-two attack combination.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...896#post713896

In this case it was a 1-2-3 attack combination.

See post #36

Is there a thread or forum that you know of that discusses WHY no Traditional Masters have been successful in the UFC Competitions??????"
    Er, let me assume you haven't had the internet until now. These arguments have dominated MA forums for maybe more than ten years now.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    it's called San Da.....
    If you're even suggesting san da is even comparable in terms of innovation, training paradigms or even brutality I suggest you start by rereading your friend Mark Tripp' s history and any other histories of judo/jujutsu you can find.

99% of MMAers aren't at the skill level of UFC either. NEXT!!!
    LOL Very very true!

Thank you streetfighter.

It is sad that a 17 year old is the only one brave enough to state the truth.
    And it's sad that you, with '25 years training, 18 years of marriage and 2 kids' sound just like a seventeen year-old. The one single truth he has stated is surprise surprise, something you agree with and that you started this already mummified thread with the intention of eliciting.

BTW, since karate is obviously so useless perhaps you can explain why a lot of kyokushin guys still do very well over here? And again, as somebody mentioned, JJ...? Or boxing, there's an art that's nearly as old as wing chun kung fu and seems to do pretty well in the cage...? Muay Thai anyone? All as parts of a healthy balanced diet! It's a no-brainer, incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK
    ...can you imagine the outcome ??????
    JDK
    Did you have a point? Or was it all just rhetorical questions? Don't bother with an answer!

Yes, he did, but it was only 18 words, not 50 or whatever. It didn't go into too much depth though!
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Its not that CMA doesn't do well against MMA, it doesn't do anything against MMA.
    LOL. True that.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai
    See post #36
    You reformed his question with a new angle and made it a statement. That's not answering the question lungushan asked you.
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-08-2007 at 12:52 AM.

unkokusai

Ok let's try this again. This time try actually answering it instead of taking the question and changing it into a statement with a slightly different twist. Here is the question. Why don't you generally see CMA in MMA venues?

You reformed his question with a new angle and made it a statement. That's not answering the question lungushan asked you.
    I can't make you less stupid. Just keep reading it over and over until the point comes to you.

Why don't you generally see CMA in MMA venues?

Well, that's not the question he asked. As for your question, it sure seems likely that there are not enough CMA folks who honestly feel they have a good chance at winning in that venue.